Windows 10: fingerprint reader

Discus and support fingerprint reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I got my HP Pavilion x360 14 - dh0004nx laptop one month ago. I was using only my fingerprint reader to log in, and today I was using my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alma2001, Oct 20, 2019.

1. alma2001 Win User

fingerprint reader

Hi,

I got my HP Pavilion x360 14 - dh0004nx laptop one month ago. I was using only my fingerprint reader to log in, and today I was using my laptop when suddenly it turned off by itself. Then, I turned on again and tried to log in by using the fingerprint reader, but it wasn't working. I tried once again, but also it wasn't working, so I used my PIN to log in. After I logged in to my laptop I tried in every possible way to solve the problem, but I couldn't. Can you help me please to know what's the problem?

:)

alma2001, Oct 20, 2019

2. Fingerprint Reader not working on Windows 10

Hi Kayleigh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing Fingerprint reader on Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the device status in Device Manager along with exclamatory mark?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • In the Control Panel window, select Category and then select
      Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, click on
      view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the drivers for Fingerprint Reader in Device Manager:

Steps:

• Right click on Windows key from the desktop and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices, right click on the
      Fingerprint driver and select Update Driver Software
    • Check if you are able to access the device.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Fingerprint readers don't work

Hi,

Windows seems to treat the P5100 as a swipe sensor and not a touch one. Let's get your device connected, to do that, try following the steps below and see how it goes:

• Disconnect your fingerprint reader.
    • Uninstall both drivers.
    • Restart.
    • Then connect any of the drivers.

As mentioned above, the drivers are detected by the system and everything should run smoothly. If you still experience the issue after performing the steps, we advise you to contact your device manufacturer for configuration.

Julie Ram, Oct 20, 2019
  4. fingerprint reader

windows 10 doesn't recognized internal fingerprint reader

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you

I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to uninstall fingerprint reader software from the computer and reinstall it in compatibility mode and check. Follow the below steps

Step1: Uninstall fingerprint reader software.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control Panel

• Go to Programs and Features

• Right click your fingerprint reader software from the list and tap or click
        Uninstall.

• Reboot your machine

Step 2: If you have executable file of the corresponding driver, I suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode. Follow the steps:

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select the version of Windows in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Also, refer:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Applies to Windows 10 as well.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

fingerprint reader

1. fingerprint reader - Similar Threads - fingerprint reader

2. FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE: System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop M1603QA_M1603QA System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SIR,my fingerprint scanner is showing that we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible to windows hello . pls help...
  3. FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FINGERPRINT READER NOT WORKING . SHOWING IT IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE: System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop M1603QA_M1603QA System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SIR,my fingerprint scanner is showing that we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible to windows hello . pls help...
  4. why my fingerprint reader is working itself without touching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my fingerprint reader is working itself without touching?: yestarday when i was cleaning my laptop it was working fine but after some time, the cursor wasnt working properly and the fingerprint reader was working itself,then after restarting, and updating my laptop the cursor and rest of the things are working fine but the...
  5. why my fingerprint reader is working itself without touching?

why my fingerprint reader is working itself without touching?: yestarday when i was cleaning my laptop it was working fine but after some time, the cursor wasnt working properly and the fingerprint reader was working itself,then after restarting, and updating my laptop the cursor and rest of the things are working fine but the...
  6. my fingerprint reader no longer works with windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my fingerprint reader no longer works with windows11: Since I updated my computer to Windows 11, my fingerprint reader no longer works. if I go to Windows Hello settings it tells me that it is currently not available. but if I go to device management, there is the ELAN:FINGERPRINT program but it doesn't work. what should I do?...
  7. my fingerprint reader no longer works with windows11

my fingerprint reader no longer works with windows11: Since I updated my computer to Windows 11, my fingerprint reader no longer works. if I go to Windows Hello settings it tells me that it is currently not available. but if I go to device management, there is the ELAN:FINGERPRINT program but it doesn't work. what should I do?...
  8. Fingerprint reader not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader not working.: I got a ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 1 with Windows 10. It had an incompatible processor for Windows 11 Intel Core i7 6600U. I upgraded it to Windows 11 using a different way which did not check for any compatibility issues. After just upgrading it I saw that the fingerprint was not...
  9. Fingerprint reader not working.

Fingerprint reader not working.: I got a ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 1 with Windows 10. It had an incompatible processor for Windows 11 Intel Core i7 6600U. I upgraded it to Windows 11 using a different way which did not check for any compatibility issues. After just upgrading it I saw that the fingerprint was not...
  10. Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update

Fingerprint reader not responding issue after windows 11 update: My fingerprint reader stopped working after windows 11 update what should i do? whenever i take windows hello it shows to set up fingerprint . But after typing my password , no vibration in my fingerprint reader when in put my finger over it. And I can't login to my laptop...