Windows 10: Fingerprint recognition, Widows Hello, stopped working.

Discus and support Fingerprint recognition, Widows Hello, stopped working. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Lenovo yoga 520 has stopped fingerprint recognition. Windows Hello says "not available on this device". It was working fine before driver updates... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Renjaa, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Renjaa Win User

Fingerprint recognition, Widows Hello, stopped working.

My Lenovo yoga 520 has stopped fingerprint recognition. Windows Hello says "not available on this device". It was working fine before driver updates and windows update. Help.

:)

Renjaa, Dec 2, 2018
  2. YSThomas1 Win User

Fingerprint recognition not working

My fingerprint recognition in windows hello is not working anymore. It was working for months then it just stopped and won't allow me to reset it. It says that it does not work on my device. Is there a fix for this?

YSThomas1, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Windows "hello" face recognition stopped working

Original title: Windows hello camera startup

Widows face recognition "hello" stopped defaulting to the rear facing camera making the face recognition startup useless. I have the surface book and this phenomenon started only in the last few days. Previously it started with the rear facing camera and
    was fine

DavidMarkus, Dec 2, 2018
  4. harrymc Win User

Using external fingerprint scanner to login to Windows 10

The Windows Hello not working issue has appeared after the Windows 10 Creators Update
    under many forms and error messages. I resume below most of the known remedies.

Enable Biometric in Local Group Policy

Some crucial system settings like the Local Group Policy could be modified during the upgrading of Windows 10 Creators Update which breaks the face recognition and fingerprint reader’s feature of Windows Hello. To exclude that likelihood, you should check the biometric settings in Local Group Policy.

1. Run the Local Group Policy (gpedit.msc).<br>
      For Windows Home see
      How to Access the Group Policy Editor, Even in Windows Home.
    2. Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Biometrics.
    3. Double-click the item "Allow the use of biometrics setting", tick Enabled and OK.
    4. Do the same to the item "Allow users to log on using biometrics".
    5. Reboot.

If the above steps were not enough, do this :

1. Repeat steps 1 & 2
    2. Click on "Facial Features" and double-click "Configure enhanced anti-spoofing".
    3. Set it to Disabled and OK.
    4. Reboot.

Reset Facial Recognition and/or Fingerprint Options

• Go to PC Settings > Accounts > Sign-In options.
    • Locate "Fingerprint" or "Facial Recognition" and click "Remove" under them.
    • Choose "Get Started" and follow on-screen instructions to reset Fingerprint and Facial Recognition.
    • Reboot

Update Webcam/Fingerprint Driver

• In Device Manager, locate and expand the entries for the biometrics device.
    • Right-click the device and choose "Uninstall".
    • In the Action menu select "Scan for hardware changes",
      and let Windows detect and update the drivers.

For more detailed information with screenshots, see the article<br>
    How to Fix Windows Hello Not Working after Windows 10 Creators Update.

harrymc, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Fingerprint recognition, Widows Hello, stopped working. - Similar Threads - Fingerprint recognition Widows

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working: Hi Guys,I have just reinstalled my PC Windows 11 Pro and the Hello face recognition is failing. it opens the camera and sees me and the just freezes like a photo, worked fine before I reinstalled. It is a generic IR/Webcam and works OK in Teams etc, any ideas...
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working: Hi Guys,I have just reinstalled my PC Windows 11 Pro and the Hello face recognition is failing. it opens the camera and sees me and the just freezes like a photo, worked fine before I reinstalled. It is a generic IR/Webcam and works OK in Teams etc, any ideas...
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint Recognition Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Recognition Issue: As noted in the attached snippet I have a Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1 laptop color silver.The fingerprint reorganization works with one update, then it is "unavailable" after the next update, then it comes back again after another windows update, etc. Yesterday before the last...
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint Recognition Issue

Windows Hello Fingerprint Recognition Issue: As noted in the attached snippet I have a Dell Inspiron 7506 2n1 laptop color silver.The fingerprint reorganization works with one update, then it is "unavailable" after the next update, then it comes back again after another windows update, etc. Yesterday before the last...
  6. Windows Hello fingerprint recognition unavailable

Windows Hello fingerprint recognition unavailable: This Option is currently unavailable. I cannot remove this option to set it up again. Face recognition does not work either, tried setting that up as well and says something went wrong. I went through the device manager and not sure why I don't have a driver for fingerprint...
  7. Windows Hello fingerprint recognition unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello fingerprint recognition unavailable: This Option is currently unavailable. I cannot remove this option to set it up again. Face recognition does not work either, tried setting that up as well and says something went wrong. I went through the device manager and not sure why I don't have a driver for fingerprint...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint stopped working: It suddenly stopped working even when the fingerprint reader is working perfectly. It says something is wrong with our ends. When I remove the fingerprints, somehow I cannot set up and add fingerprints anymore....
  9. Windows Hello fingerprint recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello fingerprint recognition: My laptop got a fingerprint scanner, but I can't use it to sign in. This is what it says in the settings: "There is no fingerprint scanner that is compatible with the Windows Hello fingerprint recognition." What can I do?...
  10. Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello: When I purchased a laptop, I set up Windows Hello and it was working fine. Then I deleted that user’s account and created a new one. But I cannot configure Windows Hello for this new user. I receive a message that Something went wrong: it looks like you've already setup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. face and fingerprint recognition not working

2. face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device

3. fingerprint worked then stopped. laptop now fingerprint recogniton not available on machine

4. face and fingerprint are not available,
  5. face and fingerprint are not available hp,
  6. surface book Face and Fingerprint recognition are not available on this device,
  7. fingerprint recognition system stopped working,
  8. fingerprint recognition quit working after password changed on dell,
  9. face and fingerprint recognition not available on ths device,
  10. finger print face recognition and pin stopped working.,
  11. suddenly fingerprint recognition stopped,
  12. fingerprint recognition not working,
  13. fingerprint recognition not available on this device even tho it was working,
  14. face and fingerprint recognition are not available,
  15. fingerprint recognition stopped working