Windows 10: fingerprint recognition

Discus and support fingerprint recognition in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Finger print recognition seems to disappear from my windows 10 computer. I usually go for a few days before I shut down the computer or reboot. But... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by howarddiehl, Nov 8, 2018.

1. fingerprint recognition

Finger print recognition seems to disappear from my windows 10 computer. I usually go for a few days before I shut down the computer or reboot. But lately, when I go to sign in after being away from my computer, after a couple of days, the computer will not recognize my finger print (or even acknowledge that I tried to sign in that way), and when I click on sign in options, using a fingerprint is not even listed. Usually, when I reboot my computer, it comes back.

any ideas of what is happening?

thanks

howard diehl

:)

howarddiehl, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Setting up fingerprint recognition on Windows 10

Hi,

One possible cause why you're unable to setup fingerprint due to wrong configuration settings. To address your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to setup your fingerprint recognition?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Fingerprint recognition

I have a fairly new Dell Windows 10 computer. From the start I have had it set up with fingerprint recognition. After the latest Windows update, that stopped working and I now have to enter a password. How can I reverse this and get back my fingerprint
    sign in?

Moved from Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Devices and drivers / PC

JohnCampbell5, Nov 8, 2018
  4. YSThomas1 Win User

fingerprint recognition

Fingerprint recognition not working

My fingerprint recognition in windows hello is not working anymore. It was working for months then it just stopped and won't allow me to reset it. It says that it does not work on my device. Is there a fix for this?

YSThomas1, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

fingerprint recognition

1. fingerprint recognition - Similar Threads - fingerprint recognition

2. Hardware Fingerprint

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hardware Fingerprint: I would like to know where to look for my computer's hardware fingerprint. Every way I try to type in "hardware fingerprint" I get messages about fingerprint readers. I even tried the virtual agent who thought that " Where would I find my computer's hardware fingerprint"...
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner Not Working: I have no idea what went wrong. It stopped working a few day ago with no noticeable change. Just went in and tried to reprogram it in because maybe my fingerprint changed or something crazy like that?? So I go to touch it, it gets to the 'touch the scanner again' screen and...
  4. Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Insider Build number 18309.1000 on a Lenovo Carbon 1X. After enrolling fingerprints in Windows Hello, the system works fine, and let me log in using my fingerprint reader. This only lasts for a short period of time: after some time...
  5. Lenovo thinkpad T440p with fingerprint reader not working / Windows Hello isn't available...

Lenovo thinkpad T440p with fingerprint reader not working / Windows Hello isn't available...: Hello, a couple of days ago, after the latest update, my fingerprint sign in stopped working, I tried to reactivate it but without luck. I have already updated my available drivers, downloaded and installed the driver from Lenovo's webpage and nothing seems to work. There is...
  6. Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309

Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Insider Build number 18309.1000 on a Lenovo Carbon 1X. After enrolling fingerprints in Windows Hello, the system works fine, and let me log in using my fingerprint reader. This only lasts for a short period of time: after some time...
  7. fingerprint can't work after restart windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint can't work after restart windows: I uninstalled the fingerprint in the device manager I thought it would solve the problem but no. now fingerprint really disappears what should i do? [ATTACH]...
  8. Unable to use Fingerprint reader to bypass BIOS password after reboot

Unable to use Fingerprint reader to bypass BIOS password after reboot: I have a new fingerprint reader that I installed under Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkstation P300 that was working ok. Upon reboot the bios would prompt me for a password in order to bootstrap to Windows and then swipe my finger again to login to Windows 10 as. My PC is...
  9. Fingerprint recognition, Widows Hello, stopped working.

Fingerprint recognition, Widows Hello, stopped working.: My Lenovo yoga 520 has stopped fingerprint recognition. Windows Hello says "not available on this device". It was working fine before driver updates and windows update. Help....
  10. fingerprint recognition

fingerprint recognition: since the windows 10 update today the fingerprint scan is not recognizing my fingerprint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/fingerprint-recognition/aea47499-7e1c-4201-904e-5e956fc96c85"