Windows 10: fingerprint recognition

Discus and support fingerprint recognition in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Finger print recognition seems to disappear from my windows 10 computer. I usually go for a few days before I shut down the computer or reboot. But... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by howarddiehl, Nov 8, 2018.

1. fingerprint recognition

Finger print recognition seems to disappear from my windows 10 computer. I usually go for a few days before I shut down the computer or reboot. But lately, when I go to sign in after being away from my computer, after a couple of days, the computer will not recognize my finger print (or even acknowledge that I tried to sign in that way), and when I click on sign in options, using a fingerprint is not even listed. Usually, when I reboot my computer, it comes back.

any ideas of what is happening?

thanks

howard diehl

:)

howarddiehl, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Setting up fingerprint recognition on Windows 10

Hi,

One possible cause why you're unable to setup fingerprint due to wrong configuration settings. To address your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to setup your fingerprint recognition?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Fingerprint recognition

I have a fairly new Dell Windows 10 computer. From the start I have had it set up with fingerprint recognition. After the latest Windows update, that stopped working and I now have to enter a password. How can I reverse this and get back my fingerprint
    sign in?

Moved from Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Devices and drivers / PC

JohnCampbell5, Nov 8, 2018
  4. YSThomas1 Win User

fingerprint recognition

Fingerprint recognition not working

My fingerprint recognition in windows hello is not working anymore. It was working for months then it just stopped and won't allow me to reset it. It says that it does not work on my device. Is there a fix for this?

YSThomas1, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

fingerprint recognition

1. fingerprint recognition - Similar Threads - fingerprint recognition

2. Fingerprint issue in Lenovo flex 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint issue in Lenovo flex 5: Hi, I have exactly the same issue as below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-and-fingerprint-scanner-not-working/cb861008-79f4-4870-9f3c-94bca0206c0a I have tried all the solutions mentioned in the post. The fingerprint option is not...
  3. My computer no longer lets me sign in with my fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer no longer lets me sign in with my fingerprint: My device (HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx) has a fingerprint reader and has always singed me in by detecting it (Windows hello). But recently it doesn't let me in by scanning my fingerprint and will only let me with my password. What can I do? Is it possible that it...
  4. Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver is not working on lenovo Ideapad 520?

Synaptics WBDI fingerprint driver is not working on lenovo Ideapad 520?: After windows 10 update 2019 i am not able to use the fingerprint scanner on my lenovo ideapad 520 which has inbuild fingerprint scanner and runs on driver which is synaptics wbdi finger print. it starts showing code 10 on device manager i have tied everything reg...
  5. Fingerprint setup grey out under Windows Hello on Windows 10 when login using domain account

Fingerprint setup grey out under Windows Hello on Windows 10 when login using domain account: Any solution for this? I'm using Windows 10 Professional and joined to domain. Wen login using any local account, I can click and setup Fingerprint tab. But when login using either domain users or domain admin account, I can't click on Fingerprint setup tab. The AD...
  6. fingerprint setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint setup: I cant find fingerprint setup in my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-setup/526973f7-b039-4926-8e7f-5ba904931315"
  7. fingerprint scanner

fingerprint scanner: hp elitebook 8440p i5 4 gig This came with win 7 but the drive was trashed by an mbr to gpt utility. deleted all partitions and set it up gpt. so I set it for Win 10 preview (wrong flash drive) . win 7 number worked and its activated. I can't get the fingerprint scanner to...
  8. Can I enable face and fingerprint recognition on my laptop?

Can I enable face and fingerprint recognition on my laptop?: The face and fingerprint recognition are disabled on my Lenovo laptop and I am unable to turn these options again. I receive a message in ‘Sign-in Options’ that ‘face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device’. I suppose it is due to the failure of my...
  9. Fingerprint recognition, Widows Hello, stopped working.

Fingerprint recognition, Widows Hello, stopped working.: My Lenovo yoga 520 has stopped fingerprint recognition. Windows Hello says "not available on this device". It was working fine before driver updates and windows update. Help....
  10. fingerprint recognition

fingerprint recognition: since the windows 10 update today the fingerprint scan is not recognizing my fingerprint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/fingerprint-recognition/aea47499-7e1c-4201-904e-5e956fc96c85"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fingerprint recognition disappears from windows