Windows 10: fingerprint recognition

Discus and support fingerprint recognition in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Finger print recognition seems to disappear from my windows 10 computer. I usually go for a few days before I shut down the computer or reboot. But... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by howarddiehl, Nov 8, 2018 at 2:47 PM.

1. howarddiehl Win User

fingerprint recognition

Finger print recognition seems to disappear from my windows 10 computer. I usually go for a few days before I shut down the computer or reboot. But lately, when I go to sign in after being away from my computer, after a couple of days, the computer will not recognize my finger print (or even acknowledge that I tried to sign in that way), and when I click on sign in options, using a fingerprint is not even listed. Usually, when I reboot my computer, it comes back.

any ideas of what is happening?

thanks

howard diehl

:)

howarddiehl, Nov 8, 2018 at 2:47 PM
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Setting up fingerprint recognition on Windows 10

Hi,

One possible cause why you're unable to setup fingerprint due to wrong configuration settings. To address your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to setup your fingerprint recognition?

We're looking forward to your response.

3. JohnCampbell5 Win User
    Fingerprint recognition

I have a fairly new Dell Windows 10 computer. From the start I have had it set up with fingerprint recognition. After the latest Windows update, that stopped working and I now have to enter a password. How can I reverse this and get back my fingerprint
    sign in?

Moved from Windows Insider Program / Windows Insider Preview / Devices and drivers / PC

JohnCampbell5, Nov 8, 2018 at 2:49 PM
  4. YSThomas1 Win User

fingerprint recognition

Fingerprint recognition not working

My fingerprint recognition in windows hello is not working anymore. It was working for months then it just stopped and won't allow me to reset it. It says that it does not work on my device. Is there a fix for this?

Thema:

fingerprint recognition

1. fingerprint recognition - Similar Threads - fingerprint recognition

2. Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Acer Swift 1 Fingerprint Login Issue: Hi, I have just recently bought an Acer Swift 1 laptop with Windows 10 Home. On the whole it looks great and performs well for the price, and does everything I need it to. The only issue seems to be the fingerprint scanner is very hit and miss - it takes a long time to...
  3. Fingerprint sensor Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint sensor Problem: Hi there! I have dell Vostro 3468 and also the updated drivers for FP sensor. But Windows Hello is not still responding showing "Windows Hello is not available on the device". Device also has a fp scanner mounted at the bottom of touch mouse. I tried many methods like...
  4. Windows Hello Fingerprint Set Up Button Faded and Disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Set Up Button Faded and Disabled: [ATTACH] Windows Hello Fingerprint "Set Up" button is faded and disabled. I have a PIN. I am signed in with my Microsoft Account. I cannot find the setting in my UEFI BIOS regarding fingerprint. [ATTACH] My fingerprint scanner is installed and working perfectly. It...
  5. Windows Hello- feature removed from latest update downloaded- so fingerprint is no longer...

Windows Hello- feature removed from latest update downloaded- so fingerprint is no longer...: recent update removed the Windows Hello feature from my laptop. This is the second time this has happen. I have a Lenovo Carbon X1 that includes a fingerprint reader, I'm running Windows 10 so I know this is a device that supports this feature. Please help me change the...
  6. Can't detect Fingerprint on my Windows Hello.

Can't detect Fingerprint on my Windows Hello.: I checked the device manager it said working properly. so I go to setup my fingerprint and it is not available to detect my fingerprint on this device. I have tried other product. It used to work fine. Now it won't work after I updated the new version of windows. Is there...
  7. fingerprint set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint set up: in my laptop asus x507ma fingerprint sign in option not displaying how it set up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-set-up/01953d27-1c1f-4bf0-872b-744426d91dab"
  8. i am trying to find fingerprint software for my DELL latitude e6430

i am trying to find fingerprint software for my DELL latitude e6430: Yes hello. I just bought this new Dell Latitude E 6430 with Windows 10 64 Bit Enterprise Edition installed on it. But can't find a compatible fingerprint reader software. . And the option to enroll my fingerprints in the windows user account page is not there. Any...
  9. How to use Fingerprint on Lenovo Carbon X1 20BT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use Fingerprint on Lenovo Carbon X1 20BT: Hey guys, How to use Fingerprint on Lenovo Carbon X1 20BT on Windows 10 ? Regards. 119885
  10. fingerprint recognition

fingerprint recognition: since the windows 10 update today the fingerprint scan is not recognizing my fingerprint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/fingerprint-recognition/aea47499-7e1c-4201-904e-5e956fc96c85"