Windows 10: Fingerprint scanner and trackpad dead after 20H2 update

Discus and support Fingerprint scanner and trackpad dead after 20H2 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Seems like a driver issue for both... Fingerprint scanner driver just evaporated and trackpad driver has an error Checked for updates, reinstalled them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blending-tea, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Fingerprint scanner and trackpad dead after 20H2 update

Seems like a driver issue for both... Fingerprint scanner driver just evaporated and trackpad driver has an error Checked for updates, reinstalled them but still not working I'm using lenovo ideapad anybody else having the same issue?

submitted by /u/blending-tea
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blending-tea, Oct 25, 2020

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Fingerprint scanner

We appreciate the update that you have provided. Since you have tried the suggestions above and the issue is still the same, we have checked the compatibility of your laptop with Windows Hello. Upon checking, your laptop is currently not in the list. We
    recommend that you contact your laptop manufacturer directly to check for any compatible driver for the fingerprint scanner to work.

Should there be anything else, do not hesitate to let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Fingerprint scanner and trackpad dead after 20H2 update

Problem with Windows Hello and fingerprint scanner after latest auto update.

Hi,

Have you tried updating the driver of your fingerprint scanner? If not, we suggest that you proceed with it and see if it addresses the issue. To update, open your Device Manager, and look for your fingerprint scanner under Biometric devices. Check out

Update drivers in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint scanner and trackpad dead after 20H2 update

1. Fingerprint scanner and trackpad dead after 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Fingerprint scanner trackpad

2. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  3. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  4. Fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner: My fingerprint scanner only works if I shut down the pc, If I sign out it doesnt work even if I sleep it it wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner/e14f6d09-4626-42f4-a22b-5717a7f6c540
  5. Fingerprint scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner: Yesterday I had my fingerprint sensor replaced and then after installing drivers it showed the sensor in device managerbut after I restarted the laptop, its gone I did everything and still cant use it.Windows keep saying that it cant find a compatible scanner...
  6. Fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fingerprint scanner: Hi, I'm trying to set up the fingerprint scanner to log in. It says I need to enter a PIN, but when I try to set up / reset a PIN it says this option is not available at the moment. The fingerprint scanner was working fine until last week. Thank you!...
  7. Fingerprint scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner: My fingerprint scanner stopped working a while back. I believe it is a Goodix scanner. the driver was up to date, but the computer showed that the "DEVICE" was not present on the computer VOSTRO 5402 Service Tag: C04NB63.I couldn't find any information on how to add the...
  8. fingerprint scanner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    fingerprint scanner: whenj i try to change my sign inj options to windows hello fingerprint scanner,"we could not fint a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello finger print. im using windows 10 enjterprise. when i used vista i had no problems.how can i resolve this issue? than\x...
  9. Fingerprint Scanner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Scanner: My fingerprint scanner just recently stopped working and I have no idea why. I have used it for about a year now, but just recently it started saying that something went wrong each and every time that I try to use it to log in or to add a new fingerprint. I am using windows...
  10. Fingerprint Scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fingerprint Scanner: My fingerprint scanner was working fine one day and now I can't use it at all. In the settings it said this option is unavailable and that it can't fine a scanner compatible....