Windows 10: Fingerprint scanner compatibility issue

Discus and support Fingerprint scanner compatibility issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi!!! I am using Dell Latitude E7250 & while setting the fingerprint log in on Windows 10, I am getting an error saying " We couldn't find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arti Machama, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Fingerprint scanner compatibility issue

Hi!!!

I am using Dell Latitude E7250 & while setting the fingerprint log in on Windows 10, I am getting an error saying " We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows Hello Fingerprint"

Please help

:)

Arti Machama, Jun 16, 2020

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Fingerprint scanner

We appreciate the update that you have provided. Since you have tried the suggestions above and the issue is still the same, we have checked the compatibility of your laptop with Windows Hello. Upon checking, your laptop is currently not in the list. We
    recommend that you contact your laptop manufacturer directly to check for any compatible driver for the fingerprint scanner to work.

Should there be anything else, do not hesitate to let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Fingerprint scanner compatibility issue

Fingerprint Scanner

When trying to log into my laptop, there is no longer the option to use fingerprint. I checked the settings in 'Sign-in options' and underneath the fingerprint section, is says 'We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint.'
    This is a new issue as the scanner was working before. Any advice to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

MariaSohail, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint scanner compatibility issue

1. Fingerprint scanner compatibility issue - Similar Threads - Fingerprint scanner compatibility

2. Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my Huawei Matebook D14 stopped working a few days ago. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it...
  3. Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my Huawei Matebook D14 stopped working a few days ago. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it...
  4. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with devise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner not compatible with devise: How to fix microsoft keyboard with fingerprint saying we couldn't find fingerprint scanner compatible with your devise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-compatible-with-devise/f094fdca-647a-4c40-ba75-9d8a48c1f8cf
  5. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with devise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner not compatible with devise: How to fix microsoft keyboard with fingerprint saying we couldn't find fingerprint scanner compatible with your devise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-compatible-with-devise/f094fdca-647a-4c40-ba75-9d8a48c1f8cf
  6. cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint: My Huawei Matebook 14 AMD cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint. I have updated my device. It has worked properly before. I dont know what happen. What can I do to make it work again?...
  7. Fingerprint Scanner not compatible

Fingerprint Scanner not compatible: I have recently bought a new laptop and I wanted to check out the fingerprint sensor. But when I try the Windows Hello Sign In options it shows that we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with the Windows Hello. Same is the case with facial recognition. I tried to...
  8. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with windows hello fingerprint

Fingerprint scanner not compatible with windows hello fingerprint: Sir, I have Dell vostro laptop with windows 10 home single language. Since few days my laptop's fingerprint is not working. On going in Setting a shown as "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint" and option showing REMOVE and ADD...
  9. Fingerprint scanner not compatible with Windows Hello

Fingerprint scanner not compatible with Windows Hello: After the Windows 10 update of May 28th 2020 I am unable to login with my fingerprint. Going to Settings - Accounts - Signin options - Windows Hello Fingerprint it says "This option is currently unavailable. We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows...
  10. Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint

Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi there My fingerprint scanner on my HP Envy stopped working a few days ago. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint". I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it is set...