Windows 10: Fingerprint scanner no-longer works after MS 10 Update to version 1803 build 17134.286

Discus and support Fingerprint scanner no-longer works after MS 10 Update to version 1803 build 17134.286 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new DireKt TeK 13.3 inch convertible touch screen laptop (a DTLAPY133-1) which came with MS Windows 10 and MS Office 365 ready... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by A KeithMiller, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Fingerprint scanner no-longer works after MS 10 Update to version 1803 build 17134.286

I recently purchased a new DireKt TeK 13.3 inch convertible touch screen laptop (a DTLAPY133-1) which came with MS

Windows 10 and MS Office 365 ready to activate. The machine also had MS Hello installed, which used the fingerprint scanner to log into the machine. I activated all of the MS software and the fingerprint scanner was working fine for the log-in to the machine. However, I was having a great deal of difficult getting MS Windows 10 updates loaded on the machine because of the huge memory requirement for Windows 10 updates. Therefore, I purchased and installed a 256 Gb ssd and migrated the operating system to the ssd, with 64 Gb partition on the ssd for the operating system. I was then able to boot-up the computer from the ssd and do the Windows 10 updates that MS seemed to demand. I believe that my operating system is up-to-date (version 1803, build 17134.286). However, since the updates, my fingerprint scanner no longer functions and I can no longer log-in using my biometrics. Also, when I shut down my machine, it was now shut down, but says that the SIPO TP Controller application is still running. I believe the two problems are related, and I sense I need a driver update for the SIPO TP Controller, but I don't know when to find it or how to get it installed. My questions are: 1.) Is my assessment correct?, or 2.) What do I need to do to get my fingerprint scanner to function again for loging into my computer?

:)

A KeithMiller, Sep 20, 2018

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Sep 20, 2018
  3. SAntonoff Win User
    Fingerprint and PIN not working in Winows 10 Pro 1803 (build 17134) (Domain attached)

That's why the registry patch had to be applied to allow Domain logins with a PIN (that also turns on the fingerprint login). By default, Domain users can't use PIN or fingerprints and 1803 doesn't have a menu option to turn it on.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System]

"AllowDomainPINLogon"=dword:00000001

In my case, the issue was Dell Data Protection (DDP) was not allowing the fingerprint scanner to get to the authentication process. I uninstalled DDP and (two reboots later) it worked.

SAntonoff, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Fingerprint scanner no-longer works after MS 10 Update to version 1803 build 17134.286

Are you aware that Windows Hello does not work on fingerprint sign in on winver 1803 (OS Build 17134,81) ?

Are you aware that Windows Hello does not work on fingerprint sign in on winver 1803 (OS Build 17134,81) ? Before you suggest it, a new version of Windows 10 has been downloaded and installed and it still does not work. it is not possible to set up fingerprint
    sign in.

Mr G James, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Fingerprint scanner no-longer works after MS 10 Update to version 1803 build 17134.286

1. Fingerprint scanner no-longer works after MS 10 Update to version 1803 build 17134.286 - Similar Threads - Fingerprint scanner longer

2. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  3. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  4. Fingerprint scanner no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner no longer works: I have a samsung laptop with fingerprint scanner. It has windows 11 and has worked fine up until last week. I disabled the scanner then re-enabled it and it worked fine for a few days.Now it says that there isn't a scanner at all....
  5. Fingerprint scanner no longer works

Fingerprint scanner no longer works: I have a samsung laptop with fingerprint scanner. It has windows 11 and has worked fine up until last week. I disabled the scanner then re-enabled it and it worked fine for a few days.Now it says that there isn't a scanner at all....
  6. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134: Hello,I recently reinstall my pc with a disk backup in version 1803, and I'm just trying to update it to the last version.Windows Update doesn't succeded, and the helper failed too.I search a little and find that all update are now available only for windows 1903... So I...
  7. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134: Hello,I recently reinstall my pc with a disk backup in version 1803, and I'm just trying to update it to the last version.Windows Update doesn't succeded, and the helper failed too.I search a little and find that all update are now available only for windows 1903... So I...
  8. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows Hello fingerprint scanner no longer working after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Hello fingerprint scanner no longer working after upgrade: I have just installed the latest Windows 10 upgrades; upon restarting the laptop the only options to login are a pin and a password; fingerprint doesn't work. When going to settings the system claims "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello...
  10. Update Windows 10. Fingerprint scanner no longer available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update Windows 10. Fingerprint scanner no longer available: Windows Version 1090 S Build 18363.720 was updated earlier today. Prior to the update, the fingerprint scanner on my ASUS laptop worked just fine. Now it does not. There is no option under trouble shooting, from Control Panel. Also, fingerprint scanner does not appear in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. direkt tek driver fingerprint

2. fingerprint sensor type of direkt tek 13.3

3. Windows Update and now Finger Print Scanner no longer works

4. fingerprint scan says unavailable after update,
  5. fingerprint scanner windows phone number,
  6. latest july update removed my fingerprint scanner sign in,
  7. lenovo fingerprint non longer works,
  8. direkt-tek 13.3 shut down error,
  9. fingerprint set up disabled 1803