Windows 10: Fingerprint Scanner Not Working After Installing New SSD, Biometric Drivers No Longer...

Discus and support Fingerprint Scanner Not Working After Installing New SSD, Biometric Drivers No Longer... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated by Evoo 14 inch laptop to a new SSD card. Now the fingerprint scanner does not work and no biometric devices show up under the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Goldengreaser67, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working After Installing New SSD, Biometric Drivers No Longer...

I updated by Evoo 14 inch laptop to a new SSD card. Now the fingerprint scanner does not work and no biometric devices show up under the device manager. What should I do?

:)

Goldengreaser67, Feb 20, 2019

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Fingerprint Scanner Lenovo Yoga X1 Yoga (3rd Gen)

Hello all! As the title suggests, I have a Lenovo Yoga X1 Yoga (3rd Gen) and I've been having issues with the fingerprint scanner lately. First, the biometric drivers were hidden in my device manager tab. I activated the reveal hidden view and got error
    code 45 on the biometric drivers. I thus uninstalled my biometric drivers and reinstalled the correct drivers from Lenovo. However, the biometric devices tab is not showing them in my Device Manager now and the Synaptics app claims there isn't a scanner connected.
    What can I do to get a working fingerprint scanner again?

Ronald Estevez, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working After Installing New SSD, Biometric Drivers No Longer...

Fingerprint scanner not working

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Try update the driver associated to fingerprint hardware. Follow the steps below:

-Go to Control Panel --> Device Manager.

-In the Device Manager, click Biometric Devices and expand the list. The fingerprint sensor is listed as a Synaptics FP Sensor, depending on the model of your system.

-Right click on the device and choose Properties.

-In the Properties, click “Driver” tab.

-Click “Update Driver” for searching updated driver package even if the driver is up-to-date.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working After Installing New SSD, Biometric Drivers No Longer...

1. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working After Installing New SSD, Biometric Drivers No Longer... - Similar Threads - Fingerprint Scanner Working

2. Fingerprint scanner no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner no longer works: I have a samsung laptop with fingerprint scanner. It has windows 11 and has worked fine up until last week. I disabled the scanner then re-enabled it and it worked fine for a few days.Now it says that there isn't a scanner at all....
  3. Fingerprint scanner no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner no longer works: I have a samsung laptop with fingerprint scanner. It has windows 11 and has worked fine up until last week. I disabled the scanner then re-enabled it and it worked fine for a few days.Now it says that there isn't a scanner at all....
  4. fingerprint driver not listed as biometric devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint driver not listed as biometric devices: i reinstalled windows from a USB stickclean install then windows there are no fingerprint device in my laptop but before reinstalation it was working fine....
  5. Biometric Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Biometric Scanner: I have a ZKTeco Live20R biometric scanner and I am having a hard time setting it up. Also my computer doesn't have a disc drive download the drivers and the website is hard to navigate....
  6. Biometric Fingerprint Scanner unrecognized by Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Biometric Fingerprint Scanner unrecognized by Windows Hello: Hi, I am using Lenovo S540-15IWL laptop with Windows 10 OS. After I updated my Windows 10 to 20H2, my fingerprint scanner stopped working. It was working fine earlier and I was able to login using fingerprint. It shows "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with...
  7. Windows Hello fingerprint scanner no longer working after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Hello fingerprint scanner no longer working after upgrade: I have just installed the latest Windows 10 upgrades; upon restarting the laptop the only options to login are a pin and a password; fingerprint doesn't work. When going to settings the system claims "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello...
  8. Biometric devices vanished/fingerprint scanner

Biometric devices vanished/fingerprint scanner: After 6 months of using new Lenovo laptop S740 ideapad and signing in with my fingerprint scanner it suddenly stopped working and vanished. Updated everything on Lenovo site and still missing...Yes, my windows did an update...I cannot access the Hello sign-in options as it...
  9. Fingerprint scanner not working with latest drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint scanner not working with latest drivers: I have an HP Envy 13 laptop and updated to the most recent version of Windows 10, and the drivers for my fingerprint scanner don't work. I needed to roll back to the previous version 6.0.22.1111 and that fixed the problem. I hope that Microsoft fixes the bug with their latest...
  10. Biometric fingerprint scanner suggestion

Biometric fingerprint scanner suggestion: I would like if Windows Hello added some way for me to use my fingerprint scanner to login to my computer games Everquest 2, Diablo 3 and future versions. If I could just swipe my fingerprint and get in my games faster that would be AWESOME! Oh and add a topic for...