Windows 10: fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad

Discus and support fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; For some reason my fingerprint scanner just quit working and I try to rescan but it's like it's not even turned on. I'm incredibly stupid when it comes... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LisaFirsick, Nov 26, 2018.

1. fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad

For some reason my fingerprint scanner just quit working and I try to rescan but it's like it's not even turned on. I'm incredibly stupid when it comes to computers - just want things to work!

:)

LisaFirsick, Nov 26, 2018

2. Internal fingerprint scanner doesn't work after resetting Lenovo Think Pad

*Original Title: Internal fingerprint scanner

I had to reset my Lenovo thinkpad and now my fingerprint reader (internal) will not work Could anyone help with this please?

CarrieEllis, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Fingerprint scaner does not work as expected in Lenovo laptop

Hi Robert,

What is the model of the Lenovo laptop wherein the fingerprint scanner does not work?

Since the issue involves working of the fingerprint scanner which came inbuilt with the Lenovo laptop, I would request you to contact the laptop manufacturer.

In the meanwhile you can execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter and then check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Please revert if you face any issues with the fingerprint scanner.

Jessen P, Nov 26, 2018
  4. fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad

1. fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad - Similar Threads - fingerprint scanner working

2. windows 11 / Lenovo Thinkpad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 / Lenovo Thinkpad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello: I have a E580 Type 20KS 20KT Laptop ThinkPad - Type 20KS with Windows 11- All Windows and Lenovo updates done- Under Device Manager / Biometrics : only Synaptics WBDI-SGX. Already tried to update driver. Under properties: This device cannot start- Tried many suggestions from...
  3. windows 11 / Lenovo Thinkpad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 / Lenovo Thinkpad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello: I have a E580 Type 20KS 20KT Laptop ThinkPad - Type 20KS with Windows 11- All Windows and Lenovo updates done- Under Device Manager / Biometrics : only Synaptics WBDI-SGX. Already tried to update driver. Under properties: This device cannot start- Tried many suggestions from...
  4. Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10: "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint" on Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-fingerprint-scanner-and-windows-hello/1557fa4e-806c-4509-bfcf-4bf77a5128d5
  5. Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10: "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint" on Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-fingerprint-scanner-and-windows-hello/1557fa4e-806c-4509-bfcf-4bf77a5128d5
  6. Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Fingerprint scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint scanner is not working: Hi,From last few weeks my fingerprint scanner is not working properly. I have followed all the procedures like- Updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling windows 10, run sfc and dism scan, uncheck the universal bus controller to turn off devices and so on. But till...
  8. fingerprint scanner lenovo thinkpad t430 not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    fingerprint scanner lenovo thinkpad t430 not working: i have a lenovo thinkpad t430 and i have a built in fingerprint scanner in my laptop and i chose this laptop because my mate has the same but he is running windows 10 and can use the fingerprint scanner as security and im running windows 10 but cannot get mine to function on...
  9. Fingerprint scanner will not work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner will not work: Hi my name is Camila, I have an HP ENVY x360 Convertable PC and my fingerprint scanner will not work as well as Hello face. I have tried resetting my computer. I have tried the trouble shoot to see if that would work but the fingerprint scanner will not show up on my...
  10. lenovo ideapad 520s fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lenovo ideapad 520s fingerprint scanner: Disappeared after Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/lenovo-ideapad-520s-fingerprint-scanner/5c8364b6-2f4b-492b-90ac-330f8130eff3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thinkpad fingerprint scanner not working

2. lenovo thinkpad L390 yoga fingerprint reader stopped working

3. lenovo thinkpad fingerprint scanner not working

4. thinkpad fingerprint does not work,
  5. fingerprint scanner not working on lenovo X250,
  6. sensor not working on thinkpad,
  7. fingerprint recognition not working on lenovo think pad,
  8. windows hello not working on lenovo thinkpad,
  9. thinkpad l390 yoga fingerprint not working,
  10. thinkpad touch fingerprint reader not working,
  11. finger print scanner synaptics WBDI shows code 10 in windows 10,