Windows 10: Fingerprint scanner not working on VivoBook after windows update 11-11-2020

Discus and support Fingerprint scanner not working on VivoBook after windows update 11-11-2020 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Has anyone else encountered this? I have an ASUS VivoBook and after today's windows update, the fingerprint scanner was not working. Had to do a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ZiaDee7, Nov 12, 2020.

1. ZiaDee7 Win User

Fingerprint scanner not working on VivoBook after windows update 11-11-2020

Has anyone else encountered this?

I have an ASUS VivoBook and after today's windows update, the fingerprint scanner was not working. Had to do a system restore to get it to work again.

BTW I only now just learned that we no longer have an easy option to have Windows Update notify you about the update but not download or install them until you want to do it manually. Seems like a pretty lame change to me. I did pause updates for 7 days. Why did they remove the options on how updates are handled ?

Will create a support ticket tomorrow to notify Microsoft of the issue.

:)

ZiaDee7, Nov 12, 2020

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Windows 11 in 2020?

hello dear

Free Windows 11 beta in 2019 / 2020?

your pc windows 10?

you want windows 11?

goodbye windows 7 2009 - 2020

Seifeddine1 YT, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Ṣmeed Win User

Ṣmeed, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Fingerprint scanner not working on VivoBook after windows update 11-11-2020 - Similar Threads - Fingerprint scanner working

2. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  3. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  4. Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows: I updated the windows. From then the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I formatted the laptop to factory settings. Then also the fingerprint scanner error is showing....
  5. Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows

Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows: I updated the windows. From then the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I formatted the laptop to factory settings. Then also the fingerprint scanner error is showing....
  6. Fingerprint scanner issue after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner issue after upgrading to windows 11: Hello, I am facing an issue regarding the fingerprint scanner/reader of my laptop after upgrading it to windows 11 and the fingerprint reader no more seems to work. When I updated to windows 11 the fingerprint reader didn't worked then I uninstalled the device and restarted...
  7. Fingerprint scanner issue after upgrading to windows 11

Fingerprint scanner issue after upgrading to windows 11: Hello, I am facing an issue regarding the fingerprint scanner/reader of my laptop after upgrading it to windows 11 and the fingerprint reader no more seems to work. When I updated to windows 11 the fingerprint reader didn't worked then I uninstalled the device and restarted...
  8. Fingerprint scanner on Asus Zenbook UX370U is not working after installation of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner on Asus Zenbook UX370U is not working after installation of Windows 11: I have done a fresh install of Windows 11 on my Asus Zenbook UX370U and since then the Fingerprint scanner stopped working working.This scanner worked with Windows 10 also had issues getting it to work.I have installed drivers from ASUS website Goodix driver, but nothing...
  9. Fingerprint scanner on Asus Zenbook UX370U is not working after installation of Windows 11

Fingerprint scanner on Asus Zenbook UX370U is not working after installation of Windows 11: I have done a fresh install of Windows 11 on my Asus Zenbook UX370U and since then the Fingerprint scanner stopped working working.This scanner worked with Windows 10 also had issues getting it to work.I have installed drivers from ASUS website Goodix driver, but nothing...
  10. Fingerprint Scanner not Working After Recent Update to Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Scanner not Working After Recent Update to Windows: I have an HP Envy with a fingerprint scanner, which worked fine until I did a Windows update today. I checked my settings and it says, "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint."...