Windows 10: Fingerprint scanner not working properly after latest windows update.

Discus and support Fingerprint scanner not working properly after latest windows update. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an Asus Zenbook 14 UM431DA and my fingerprint scanner isn't working properly after the windows 2004 update. I have latest drivers for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AstitvaSinha, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Fingerprint scanner not working properly after latest windows update.

I have an Asus Zenbook 14 UM431DA and my fingerprint scanner isn't working properly after the windows 2004 update. I have latest drivers for fingerprint scanner.

:)

AstitvaSinha, Nov 21, 2020

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Fingerprint scanner not working properly after latest windows update.

Fingerprint scanner not working with latest update

I just did the latest update and now my fingerprint scanner is not working. I have an HP envy and this needs to be resolved quickly.

SashaCameron, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint scanner not working properly after latest windows update.

1. Fingerprint scanner not working properly after latest windows update. - Similar Threads - Fingerprint scanner working

2. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  3. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  4. Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows: I updated the windows. From then the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I formatted the laptop to factory settings. Then also the fingerprint scanner error is showing....
  5. Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows: I updated the windows. From then the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I formatted the laptop to factory settings. Then also the fingerprint scanner error is showing....
  6. Fingerprint scanner will not work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner will not work: Hi my name is Camila, I have an HP ENVY x360 Convertable PC and my fingerprint scanner will not work as well as Hello face. I have tried resetting my computer. I have tried the trouble shoot to see if that would work but the fingerprint scanner will not show up on my...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update

Windows Hello Fingerprint - not working after latest update: Hi, I use a Kensington Fingerprint Key - USB 066 with Surface Book. After the latest update, the Fingerprint functionality is not working; I get a message "We couldn't get a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." I would appreciate if you could...
  8. Fingerprint Scanner not Working After Recent Update to Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Scanner not Working After Recent Update to Windows: I have an HP Envy with a fingerprint scanner, which worked fine until I did a Windows update today. I checked my settings and it says, "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint."...
  9. Fingerprint scanner not working with latest drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint scanner not working with latest drivers: I have an HP Envy 13 laptop and updated to the most recent version of Windows 10, and the drivers for my fingerprint scanner don't work. I needed to roll back to the previous version 6.0.22.1111 and that fixed the problem. I hope that Microsoft fixes the bug with their latest...
  10. Fingerprint scanner not working with latest update

Fingerprint scanner not working with latest update: I just did the latest update and now my fingerprint scanner is not working. I have an HP envy and this needs to be resolved quickly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-working-with-latest-update/0d7b1514-d692-404c-979b-147440248513"