Windows 10: fingerprint scanner not working.

Discus and support fingerprint scanner not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all. I recently had an issue after an update. My fingerprint scanner was not showing. I did my research and was preparing myself to perform... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmandaGodwin, Jul 3, 2020.

1. fingerprint scanner not working.

Hello all. I recently had an issue after an update. My fingerprint scanner was not showing. I did my research and was preparing myself to perform the task and it just started working again. I now have the same issue and my printer is showing not available.

When I expand the device mgr and go to the biometrics: Synaptics WBD1-SGX > cannot start code 10

on events tab:

DEVICE USB/VID_06CB&PID_0081\89c4b486f64b

requires further installation

:)

AmandaGodwin, Jul 3, 2020

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Fingerprint Scanner for x64... Help!!!

I have tried Microsoft's fingerprint scanner and one by APC (had them at work), neither manufacturer openly supports x64.

There are no drivers for those. Looked everywhere.

I was just asking if anyone knew of a model that does dox64, laptop scanners don't count as this is for a desktop.

I'm just product searching.

thebeephaha, Jul 3, 2020
  4. fingerprint scanner not working.

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

fingerprint scanner not working.

1. fingerprint scanner not working. - Similar Threads - fingerprint scanner working

2. Fingerprint scanner not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint scanner not working: Windows Hello Fingerprint, We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello FingerprintHP Elitebook 830 G5Windows 10 Pro 64-bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-not-working/8aa9cb07-d547-41ac-997d-992a5c1a8caf
  3. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Scanner Not Working: Hello, after installing this update:June 14, 2022—KB5014697 OS Build 22000.739 My fingerprint scanner stopped working on my Surface Laptop Go 128GB which runs Windows 11. What could I do to fix this?...
  4. Fingerprint scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner is not working: Hi,From last few weeks my fingerprint scanner is not working properly. I have followed all the procedures like- Updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling windows 10, run sfc and dism scan, uncheck the universal bus controller to turn off devices and so on. But till...
  5. Fingerprint scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner is not working: Hi,From last few weeks my fingerprint scanner is not working properly. I have followed all the procedures like- Updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling windows 10, run sfc and dism scan, uncheck the universal bus controller to turn off devices and so on. But till...
  6. Fingerprint scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Fingerprint scanner not working.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint scanner not working.: In device manager, it said Biometric device is up to date Synaptic FP sensors WBF PD=003d and works well, but in windows hello's fingerprint setup ,it appears this sentence "Swipe your finger on fingerprint sensor" Then I swipe my finger many times on sensor and nothing...
  8. Fingerprint scanner not working

Fingerprint scanner not working: Sir I have a Windows 10 HP laptop, on which I had been using the fingerprint scanner as a sign-in option. But since a few days, my device is showing that it cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint. Please suggest me what i should do....
  9. Fingerprint scanner will not work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner will not work: Hi my name is Camila, I have an HP ENVY x360 Convertable PC and my fingerprint scanner will not work as well as Hello face. I have tried resetting my computer. I have tried the trouble shoot to see if that would work but the fingerprint scanner will not show up on my...
  10. Fingerprint scanner not working

Fingerprint scanner not working: Hello, I have obtained a Toshiba tecra R850, I cannot get the fingerprint scanner to work. It doesn't even show in my logins in windows, also says I cant use the "Hello" feature, can you please assist?...