Windows 10: Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working

Discus and support Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The fingerprint scanner is not working on my laptop. It was fine yesterday, however now the option is not there. When I go to the sign in options in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tangoman65, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working

The fingerprint scanner is not working on my laptop. It was fine yesterday, however now the option is not there. When I go to the sign in options in settings it says that "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." The laptop is less than 6 months old and one of the reasons I bought this was its fingerprint security. It also says Windows Hello Face is also unavailable.

It seems Windows Hello has screwed up my PC without my knowledge.

:)

tangoman65, Aug 11, 2020

2. Fingerprint scanner not working

Sir I have a Windows 10 HP laptop, on which I had been using the fingerprint scanner as a sign-in option. But since a few days, my device is showing that it cannot find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint. Please suggest me
    what i should do.

RitwikBiswas, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working

Is the fingerprint scanner of HP laptops such as the ProBook 430 G2 simply incompatible with current Windows versions?

I recently bought a refurbished HP ProBook 430 G2 in Japan. It feels new and I'm very happy with it.

I believe this model was originally sold with Windows 8 or 8.1 but it had a fresh install of Windows 10 on it when I bought it.

The laptop seems to have a fingerprint scanner below the keyboard, to the right of trackpad.

It doesn't seem to do anything. I can't find it listed in Device Manager. I can find lots of people asking similar questions on various forums but without adequate answers.

I have updated Windows 10 and updated all drivers from the HP website. I have specifically downloaded and run every version of the fingerprint scanner from HP's site that have links posted in the answers in the forums I found on this topic.

Under Sign-in Options / Windows Hello Fingerprint it says "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more". Clicking does not lead to any solutions though.

My best theory is that Windows Hello is new and requires a specific kind of fingerprint scanner driver that is either not compatible with the sensor hardware on this laptop, or which has not had a Hello-compatible driver released for some reason.

My second theory is that perhaps my laptop has a "blank" where the fingerprint sensor would be and that it was optional and my laptop never had one but I just don't know what it should look like (-:

hippietrail, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working

1. Fingerprint scanner on HP Spectre laptop not working - Similar Threads - Fingerprint scanner Spectre

2. Laptop Fingerprint Scanner not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Fingerprint Scanner not working: I have recently gotten a new laptop and after a couple days the audio devices stopped working and the fingerprint scanner didn't register from the start.The Unknown Device is what I believe to be the fingerprint scanner and the Intel and Realtek audio devices used to have the...
  3. Laptop Fingerprint Scanner not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Fingerprint Scanner not working: I have recently gotten a new laptop and after a couple days the audio devices stopped working and the fingerprint scanner didn't register from the start.The Unknown Device is what I believe to be the fingerprint scanner and the Intel and Realtek audio devices used to have the...
  4. Fingerprint Scanner on Laptop not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Scanner on Laptop not working: HelloI own a HP Probook 445 G6, which has a physical fingerprint scanner under the right side of the keyboard. How ever, when I try to set it up, it comes to the problem that my laptop "This option is currently unavailable". I've tried to fix it through the 'device manager',...
  5. Fingerprint Scanner on Laptop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Scanner on Laptop not working: HelloI own a HP Probook 445 G6, which has a physical fingerprint scanner under the right side of the keyboard. How ever, when I try to set it up, it comes to the problem that my laptop "This option is currently unavailable". I've tried to fix it through the 'device manager',...
  6. Fingerprint Scanner on Laptop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Fingerprint scanner not working. HP Zbook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint scanner not working. HP Zbook: HP Zbook, Windows 10, SN# CND63676F4 I've tried ... 1. updating windows 2. deleting and reinstalling fingerprint drivers 3. rolling back to previous version of driver 4. stoping / starting in run.exe 5. restarting computer many times. Any other helpful hints?...
  8. Fingerprint scanner not working. HP Zbook

Fingerprint scanner not working. HP Zbook: HP Zbook. Windows 10 pro. SN# CND63676F4 "we couldnt find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint" Things I have tried: 1. Restarting the computer 2. updating ... everything to include fingerprint drivers 3. Removed fingeprint scanner driver and...
  9. Hp fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hp fingerprint scanner: I opened my Hp laptop and put my finger on the scanner and It didn't work.So I removed the fingerprint password and when I set it up again it says put fingerprint on the the reader but when I put it on It does nothing.Its enabled in device manager and I tried uninstalling and...
  10. Fingerprint Scanner on laptop

Fingerprint Scanner on laptop: I use a DELL inspiron 3584 laptop and it has a built-in fingerprint scanner on the power button but Windows can't seem to find anything about a fingerprint sensor yet on the manual that came with this it says power button = power on/off + fingerprint scanner yet nothing comes...