Windows 10: Fingerprint scanner stopped working

Discus and support Fingerprint scanner stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It happened after Windows update, the fingerprint scanner is not working anymore. Could you help me fix this issue?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NoreenBrunelle, May 19, 2020.

1. Fingerprint scanner stopped working

It happened after Windows update, the fingerprint scanner is not working anymore. Could you help me fix this issue?

:)

NoreenBrunelle, May 19, 2020

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, May 19, 2020
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, May 19, 2020
  4. AndrewGP Win User

Fingerprint scanner stopped working

FIngerprint Scanner Not Working Since Last Windows Update

I am using Windows 10 and my Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after the last upgrade... I think it's 1809. All suggestions are to repair with the Trouble Shooter and pointing it to Hardware and Sounds. Hardware and Sounds does not exist after the
    latest upgrade. Nothing in the computer says where in the Control Panel can I find the Fingerprint Scanner and the necessary repairs. What do I do to repair the Fingerprint Scanner that stopped working from the last upgrade?

AndrewGP, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint scanner stopped working

1. Fingerprint scanner stopped working - Similar Threads - Fingerprint scanner stopped

2. fingerprint scanner not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    fingerprint scanner not working: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop and my fingerprint scanner all of a sudden stopped working after updating to windows 10 hello 1909. Ive tried to do windows x + device manager + biometrics + and roll back but the roll back feature is blocked. Im not sure what to do. It says I...
  3. fingerprint stopped working

fingerprint stopped working: Fingerprint stopped working and all I get is "something went wrong." Yes, something went wrong--I still hate Windows 10! It won't allow me to set up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-stopped-working/8dcf9bdf-6da4-4d23-a541-460e80dcd04d
  4. Fingerprint scanner will not work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner will not work: Hi my name is Camila, I have an HP ENVY x360 Convertable PC and my fingerprint scanner will not work as well as Hello face. I have tried resetting my computer. I have tried the trouble shoot to see if that would work but the fingerprint scanner will not show up on my...
  5. No luck troubleshooting why my fingerprint scanner stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No luck troubleshooting why my fingerprint scanner stopped working: Hello, Within the last week or two my fingerprint scanner suddenly stopped working after previously working with no problem for months. Windows "get help" walked me through many steps to troubleshoot the issue but nothing worked. The last thing it had me try was to...
  6. Fingerprint Scanner

Fingerprint Scanner: When trying to log into my laptop, there is no longer the option to use fingerprint. I checked the settings in 'Sign-in options' and underneath the fingerprint section, is says 'We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint.' This is a new...
  7. Fingerprint scanner

Fingerprint scanner: I just got my laptop back from being repaired at Dell. Now my fingerprint reader won't work. Under settings it says that it has my fingerprints and is ready to work. If I try to add a fingerprint, it asks for my password and then just cycles endlessly....
  8. fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint scanner: hp elitebook 8440p i5 4 gig This came with win 7 but the drive was trashed by an mbr to gpt utility. deleted all partitions and set it up gpt. so I set it for Win 10 preview (wrong flash drive) . win 7 number worked and its activated. I can't get the fingerprint scanner to...
  9. fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Support
    fingerprint scanner: hp elitebook 8440p i5 4 gig This came with win 7 but the drive was trashed by an mbr to gpt utility. deleted all partitions and set it up gpt. so I set it for Win 10 preview (wrong flash drive) . win 7 number worked and its activated. I can't get the fingerprint scanner to...
  10. Fingerprint scanner not working

Fingerprint scanner not working: Hello, I have obtained a Toshiba tecra R850, I cannot get the fingerprint scanner to work. It doesn't even show in my logins in windows, also says I cant use the "Hello" feature, can you please assist?...