Windows 10: fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason

Discus and support fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; my fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason. I deleted the fingerprints and try to set up again but this time it gives some error and cant set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yucehonosss, Jan 14, 2021.

1. fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason

my fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason. I deleted the fingerprints and try to set up again but this time it gives some error and cant set up fingerprints. I tried to delete and reinstall the driver but it didn't solved my problem. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/yucehonosss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yucehonosss, Jan 14, 2021

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Jan 14, 2021
  4. fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason

Fingerprint scanner stopped working

Hello Noreen, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

I recommend that you try to check if there are any hidden devices for Fingerprint Scanner under Biometric Devices. Please, take the following steps:

1. Press Windows+X keys and select Device Manager.

2. Look for View then click on the result and select Show hidden devices.

3. Look for Fingerprint drivers listed under Biometric Devices.

4. If the driver is listed there, right-click on it and then choose Update Driver.

5. Reboot the PC.

I also recommend that you check the Biometric service. Please, take the steps.

1. Press Windows+R keys and open Run.

2. Type in services.msc and click on OK.

3. Look for Windows Biometric service.

4. Double click on Windows Biometric and on the Start button to run the service.

5. Click on the drop-down menu to select the Startup type (Automatic).

6. Click on OK.

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason

1. fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason - Similar Threads - fingerprint scanner stops

2. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  3. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  4. Fingerprint scanner stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working: I have Windows 10 on my Acer Swift 3 laptop. I have been using the fingerprint scanner to log in without a problem until it suddenly disappeared as an option yesterday and I was forced to sign in with my PIN:I went to device manager and opened the fingerprint scanner...
  5. Fingerprint scanner stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working: I have Windows 10 on my Acer Swift 3 laptop. I have been using the fingerprint scanner to log in without a problem until it suddenly disappeared as an option yesterday and I was forced to sign in with my PIN:I went to device manager and opened the fingerprint scanner...
  6. Fingerprint scanner stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Fingerprint scanner is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint scanner is not working: Hi,From last few weeks my fingerprint scanner is not working properly. I have followed all the procedures like- Updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling windows 10, run sfc and dism scan, uncheck the universal bus controller to turn off devices and so on. But till...
  8. fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason: Het my fingerprint scanner stops working for no reason. I deleted the fingerprints and try to set up again but this time it gives some error and cant set up fingerprints. I tried to delete and reinstall the driver but it didn't solved my problem. Any suggestions? submitted...
  9. Fingerprint scanner stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working: It happened after Windows update, the fingerprint scanner is not working anymore. Could you help me fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-stopped-working/d9920bcf-d5ce-4abf-ab6b-9b1552a68948
  10. Fingerprint scanner will not work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner will not work: Hi my name is Camila, I have an HP ENVY x360 Convertable PC and my fingerprint scanner will not work as well as Hello face. I have tried resetting my computer. I have tried the trouble shoot to see if that would work but the fingerprint scanner will not show up on my...