Windows 10: fingerprint scanner

Discus and support fingerprint scanner in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hp elitebook 8440p i5 4 gig This came with win 7 but the drive was trashed by an mbr to gpt utility. deleted all partitions and set it up gpt. so I set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, Apr 3, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

fingerprint scanner

hp elitebook 8440p i5 4 gig
    This came with win 7 but the drive was trashed by an mbr to gpt utility. deleted all partitions and set it up gpt.
    so I set it for Win 10 preview (wrong flash drive) . win 7 number worked and its activated.
    I can't get the fingerprint scanner to work though it turned on in the bios and shows in
    the device manager.
    No help from hp the sign in options in settings says there is no compatible device.
    Any Ideas?

:)

thomaseg1, Apr 3, 2019

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Fingerprint Scanner for x64... Help!!!

I have tried Microsoft's fingerprint scanner and one by APC (had them at work), neither manufacturer openly supports x64.

There are no drivers for those. Looked everywhere.

I was just asking if anyone knew of a model that does dox64, laptop scanners don't count as this is for a desktop.

I'm just product searching.

thebeephaha, Apr 3, 2019
  4. fingerprint scanner

Fingerprint scanner

We appreciate the update that you have provided. Since you have tried the suggestions above and the issue is still the same, we have checked the compatibility of your laptop with Windows Hello. Upon checking, your laptop is currently not in the list. We
    recommend that you contact your laptop manufacturer directly to check for any compatible driver for the fingerprint scanner to work.

Should there be anything else, do not hesitate to let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

fingerprint scanner

1. fingerprint scanner - Similar Threads - fingerprint scanner

2. Windows Hello fingerprint scanner only works when I bypass username and password to use...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello fingerprint scanner only works when I bypass username and password to use...: I always access my workstation using the fingerprint scanner on my Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16". However today somehow it was disabled and the only sign-in option available were through a password and PIN. 1. I checked the Sign-in option setting and it says Windows Hello...
  3. fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint scanner: hp elitebook 8440p i5 4 gig This came with win 7 but the drive was trashed by an mbr to gpt utility. deleted all partitions and set it up gpt. so I set it for Win 10 preview (wrong flash drive) . win 7 number worked and its activated. I can't get the fingerprint scanner to...
  4. Trying to setup fingerprint scanner on a Dell Latitude E6530.

Trying to setup fingerprint scanner on a Dell Latitude E6530.: Hi all, I have setup and used the fingerprint scanner on this machine while it was running Win 7 Pro. Everything worked well. I have now installed the hard drive from another E6530 which was having hardware problems and can not get the scanner to work. The machine with...
  5. Fingerprint scanner not working ----- WINDOWS 10 1809

Fingerprint scanner not working ----- WINDOWS 10 1809: I have an HP ProBook 470 G5 and I cannot get Fingerprint scanner to work all drivers are installed but biometrics are not shown in Devices. Can someone please help to resolve issue. Thank you. 129609
  6. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working After Installing New SSD, Biometric Drivers No Longer...

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working After Installing New SSD, Biometric Drivers No Longer...: I updated by Evoo 14 inch laptop to a new SSD card. Now the fingerprint scanner does not work and no biometric devices show up under the device manager. What should I do?...
  7. I m unable to login to my pc after changing to fingerprint scanner login. Is urgent.

I m unable to login to my pc after changing to fingerprint scanner login. Is urgent.: I m unable to login on my laptop after changing to fingerprint login. I have a Toshiba Tecra. Is very urgent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-m-unable-to-login-to-my-pc-after-changing-to/a8e29722-f6ce-47dd-b5f3-3209f0273942
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Scanner Not Working: I have no idea what went wrong. It stopped working a few day ago with no noticeable change. Just went in and tried to reprogram it in because maybe my fingerprint changed or something crazy like that?? So I go to touch it, it gets to the 'touch the scanner again' screen and...
  9. Fingerprint scanner not working

Fingerprint scanner not working: Hello, I have obtained a Toshiba tecra R850, I cannot get the fingerprint scanner to work. It doesn't even show in my logins in windows, also says I cant use the "Hello" feature, can you please assist?...
  10. fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad

fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad: For some reason my fingerprint scanner just quit working and I try to rescan but it's like it's not even turned on. I'm incredibly stupid when it comes to computers - just want things to work!...