Windows 10: Fingerprint Scanner.

Discus and support Fingerprint Scanner. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have HP Zbook 15 G2 running windows 10 pro, finger print scanner stopped working. In settings it displays that driver is not compatible windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by OwaisRahman, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Fingerprint Scanner.

I have HP Zbook 15 G2 running windows 10 pro, finger print scanner stopped working. In settings it displays that driver is not compatible windows 10 Hello.

Updated windows and driver.

But not successful.

:)

OwaisRahman, Feb 18, 2020

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Fingerprint Scanner for x64... Help!!!

I have tried Microsoft's fingerprint scanner and one by APC (had them at work), neither manufacturer openly supports x64.

There are no drivers for those. Looked everywhere.

I was just asking if anyone knew of a model that does dox64, laptop scanners don't count as this is for a desktop.

I'm just product searching.

thebeephaha, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Fingerprint Scanner.

Fingerprint scanner

We appreciate the update that you have provided. Since you have tried the suggestions above and the issue is still the same, we have checked the compatibility of your laptop with Windows Hello. Upon checking, your laptop is currently not in the list. We
    recommend that you contact your laptop manufacturer directly to check for any compatible driver for the fingerprint scanner to work.

Should there be anything else, do not hesitate to let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint Scanner.

1. Fingerprint Scanner. - Similar Threads - Fingerprint Scanner

2. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  3. Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows...: Microsoft Fingerprint Scanner shows up in "Other Device" not in Biometric devices. Windows Hello never finds it. On bootup the Microsoft brand Microsoft Fingerprint scanner does a quick light up and then goes dark. I've tried windows Hello. I have windows 11 Pro 10-02-22631...
  4. Fingerprint Scanner requires uninstalling and reinstalling to work for a day max then stops...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Scanner requires uninstalling and reinstalling to work for a day max then stops...: Hi there, my laptop is less than 6 months old ACER Aspire A715-51Gand this issue has been there for as long as I had it, I just did everything online there is to try and fix it but to no avail. I have Windows 11 winver 23H2 updated till the most recent available windows...
  5. Fingerprint Scanner requires uninstalling and reinstalling to work for a day max then stops...

Fingerprint Scanner requires uninstalling and reinstalling to work for a day max then stops...: Hi there, my laptop is less than 6 months old ACER Aspire A715-51Gand this issue has been there for as long as I had it, I just did everything online there is to try and fix it but to no avail. I have Windows 11 winver 23H2 updated till the most recent available windows...
  6. Does my laptop have a fingerprint scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does my laptop have a fingerprint scanner?: I am not sure as on whether it has one and it is faulty, or do not have one at all because Windows Hello does not detect oneLaptop: Lenovo Ideapad 1 15ALC7...
  7. Does my laptop have a fingerprint scanner?

Does my laptop have a fingerprint scanner?: I am not sure as on whether it has one and it is faulty, or do not have one at all because Windows Hello does not detect oneLaptop: Lenovo Ideapad 1 15ALC7...
  8. fingerprint scanner is not working I try the all method but it's still same

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint scanner is not working I try the all method but it's still same: Windows fingerprint is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-is-not-working-i-try-the-all/2f6ab027-ecdc-4a59-8d05-766fe91969bc
  9. fingerprint scanner is not working I try the all method but it's still same

fingerprint scanner is not working I try the all method but it's still same: Windows fingerprint is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-scanner-is-not-working-i-try-the-all/2f6ab027-ecdc-4a59-8d05-766fe91969bc
  10. Laptop Fingerprint Scanner not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Fingerprint Scanner not working: I have recently gotten a new laptop and after a couple days the audio devices stopped working and the fingerprint scanner didn't register from the start.The Unknown Device is what I believe to be the fingerprint scanner and the Intel and Realtek audio devices used to have the...