Windows 10: Fingerprint sensor driver cannot not start with Windows 11 Code 10

Discus and support Fingerprint sensor driver cannot not start with Windows 11 Code 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I do not know why my attached fingerprint sensor does not work, the driver seems to not start, despite being updated automatically and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by José Eduardo Zárate, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Fingerprint sensor driver cannot not start with Windows 11 Code 10

Hi, I do not know why my attached fingerprint sensor does not work, the driver seems to not start, despite being updated automatically and also manually with the latest version. I have added an external fingerprint since this one does not work. However, I am still looking for a solution to this problem. Lenovo Yoga 730-15IWL

:)

José Eduardo Zárate, Nov 26, 2022

2. ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor Driver Exit Code 31

Hi @All!

Today, I got a driver update for my BENSS fingerprint sensor (Amazon Link) via Windows updates.

It updated from:

• ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor version 3.10.12001.10102 [02/04/2020]
    to

• ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor version 3.10.12001.10501 [07/01/2022].
    The new driver exits with the code 31.

I "solved" my issue by falling back to the old driver:

NilsBadtke, Nov 26, 2022
  3. Synaptics Fingerprint Device Cannot Start

Hi,

Thank you! This really helped. Well for now. Read a part in a forum that the fingerprint problem relapses after a few weeks after a "fix". Here are the specific steps I did for others' reference:

1. Edited the following in the Local Group Policy Editor:

• Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Biometrics:
      • Allow the use of biometrics: Enabled
      • Allow users to log on using biometrics: Enabled
    • Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Biometrics > Facial Features:
      • Configure enhanced anti-spoofing: Disabled
    2. Uninstalled the device and driver from Device Manager

3. Shut down PC and wait for around 5 minutes before rebooting

4. After logging in, opened Device Manager and look for the "Unknown Device" and then Install Driver Online

5. Took about 10 minutes to download and install the new driver. Upon finishing, fingerprint will show the same error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

6. Disabled the device and then before Enabling it again, I put my finger on the sensor.

7. SENSOR IS FIXED

PS. I think updating the BIOS and all also helped because I did it before doing the steps above

PaoRodulfo, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Fingerprint sensor driver cannot not start with Windows 11 Code 10

Windows doesn't recognize my laptop's fingerprint sensor.

Hello,

I just bought a used HP elitebook 840 G2 which has a fingerprint sensor, I tried to link it to windows hello but couldn't. Tried to check if my fingerprint sensor drivers are up to date but couldn't even find one so I installed it from the windows website.
    Now that I installed it I still can't find it on my drivers list and windows hello still can't detect a fingerprint sensor on my laptop. Happy holidays and merry christmas to everyone.

YassirEl Hachimi, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Fingerprint sensor driver cannot not start with Windows 11 Code 10

1. Fingerprint sensor driver cannot not start with Windows 11 Code 10 - Similar Threads - Fingerprint sensor driver

2. Fingerprint sensor driver cannot not start with Windows 11 Code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint sensor driver cannot not start with Windows 11 Code 10: Hi, I do not know why my attached fingerprint sensor does not work, the driver seems to not start, despite being updated automatically and also manually with the latest version. I have added an external fingerprint since this one does not work. However, I am still looking for...
  3. Fingerprint Sensor not working windows 11

Fingerprint Sensor not working windows 11: After the latest update of wndows 11 my computer fails to load the driver for the figerprint sensor. It now says that there's no available sensor for windows hello. I've tryed to updated it and it says it has the latest drivers. I've uninstalled it, it appears working, and...
  4. ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor Driver Exit Code 31

ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor Driver Exit Code 31: Hi @all!Today, I got a driver update for my BENSS fingerprint sensor Amazon Link via Windows updates. It updated from:ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor version 3.10.12001.10102 [02/04/2020] to ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor version 3.10.12001.10501 [07/01/2022].The new driver exits...
  5. ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor Driver Exit Code 31

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor Driver Exit Code 31: Hi @all!Today, I got a driver update for my BENSS fingerprint sensor Amazon Link via Windows updates. It updated from:ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor version 3.10.12001.10102 [02/04/2020] to ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor version 3.10.12001.10501 [07/01/2022].The new driver exits...
  6. Fingerprint Sensor

Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  7. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  8. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor - The device cannot start Code 10 error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor - The device cannot start Code 10 error: Hello! After i've got my laptop back from service, I noticed that i cannot use my fingerprint to Sign-In Windows, and only PIN/password is available I think i tried ALL the possibilities: 1. Uninstall - Restart - Install driver from Asus website 2. Change settings into...
  10. fingerprint sensor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint sensor: good day, hello i want to ask, most of new laptop now has fingerprint sensor but it only function to login using windows hello. can i use the fingerprint sensor to something more like to keep password or to lock folder ? if it can how to use it?...