Windows 10: Fingerprint Sensor has been no longer functioning when getting updated from Windows 10,...

Discus and support Fingerprint Sensor has been no longer functioning when getting updated from Windows 10,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Everyone! I have HP brand(HP Pavilion dv6-6093ex) When Windows 10, version 1709(Build 16299, 309) got updated to Windows 10, version 1803(Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by a cooperator, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Fingerprint Sensor has been no longer functioning when getting updated from Windows 10,...

Hi Everyone!

I have HP brand(HP Pavilion dv6-6093ex)

When Windows 10, version 1709(Build 16299, 309) got updated to Windows 10, version 1803(Build 17134.137) through Microsoft's Windows update service, I found the Validity Sensor has been no longer functioning.
    In Windows 10, version 1709(Build 16299, 309) , version, I could be able to log in to Windows desktop by either typing the PW of Windows user account, or swiping the registered finger of mine over the Validity Sensor on my keyboard.

I have checked the device manager, and I no longer see 'Biometric devices' category, under which Validity Sensors(WBF) are listed as usual in the earlier versions of Windows 10 versions.

Fingerprint Sensor has been no longer functioning when getting updated from Windows 10,... 5a53a6c4-6f46-427d-9056-8e5c22ebfc0c?upload=true.jpg

In the earlier version of Windows 10, version 1709(Build 16299, 309), Biometric devices' category, under which Validity Sensors(WBF) are listed, in the devices manager, is shown below:

Fingerprint Sensor has been no longer functioning when getting updated from Windows 10,... 2d8becb8-51ba-4e98-8e5a-056f7268b471?upload=true.jpg

I rechecked for new updates hoping Windows update service find new updates in which Validity Sensors drivers are installed, but it didn't.

:)

a cooperator, Jul 8, 2018

2. Fingerprint sensor quit working after update

Just was forced to update by Windows 10; fingerprint sensor (previously working well) no longer works, cannot find any reference to reprogramming it, doesn't appear any longer in sign-in options. Can anyone tell me why, and how to get it back?

PeterHull2, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 HP Envy: Fingerprint Sensor not working

I have a laptop HP Envy and it is a Windows 10 OS. My problem is my fingerprint sensor seems to be not working. Could it be disabled? Though I checked it in Device Manager and it tells me it's working properly and is not disabled. When I went to set-up the
    Windows 10 Hello and tells me to swipe my finger on the fingerprint sensor but nothing is happening and no any signs showing it's working or is turned on. What's the problem?

Update:

After trying to update my sensor device, it updated somehow. (I've tried a couple of times before and it says it's up to date.)

And now it's functioning well. Thank you.

Ramzi Manalao, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Fingerprint Sensor has been no longer functioning when getting updated from Windows 10,...

Fingerprint sensor and Windows Hello

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

Provide more information to help you better:

1. What are the Windows updates installed on your device recently?

2. Did those updates installed successfully?

3. Are you using the fingerprint scanner externally or is it in-built?

4. What is the make and model of the computer?

Reinstall drivers and compatibility mode.

I suggest you to download and install the latest drives for fingerprint sensor device from the manufacture’s website and check if it gets detected.

If the issue still persist, you may also install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

I suggest you to refer the Wiki article by Andre Da Costa on
    install the drivers.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

After installing the drivers in compatibility mode, follow the steps below and check if you are able to get the sign in option with Biometric.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.

• Click on Accounts.

• Go to Sign in options.

• The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.
    For more information, refer the following Microsoft help article.

Biometric Devices

Biometric Devices (Windows Drivers)

Try to navigate as mentioned below and check if you're able to setup the Windows Hello.

* Click Start

* Select Settings and navigate to Accounts /> Sing-In options /> Windows Hello

* Check whether you're able to make changes to the setting and setup Windows Hello there.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Fingerprint Sensor has been no longer functioning when getting updated from Windows 10,...

1. Fingerprint Sensor has been no longer functioning when getting updated from Windows 10,... - Similar Threads - Fingerprint Sensor has

2. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  3. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  4. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Fingerprint sensor no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint sensor no longer working: Hello,I recently bought an ASUS Vivobook Pro with a fingerprint sensor. It worked perfectly for a few weeks and then after a Windows Update, the sensor no longer works. The device looks like it is still there, but when I try to set up "Windows Hello" it tells me to touch the...
  6. Fingerprint sensor no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sensor no longer working: Hello,I recently bought an ASUS Vivobook Pro with a fingerprint sensor. It worked perfectly for a few weeks and then after a Windows Update, the sensor no longer works. The device looks like it is still there, but when I try to set up "Windows Hello" it tells me to touch the...
  7. Fingerprint sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sensor: This message always appers on the lock screen after the driver updated, even though I clean the fingerprint sensor it display message again if the computer is locked. What can i do to fixed this problem? [ATTACH]...
  8. fingerprint sensor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint sensor: Hey, I recently purchased a Lenovo ideapad c340. On starting the computer, the fingerprint scanner option was not available and sign in options displays scanner as being unavailable in this device. The scanner was working perfectly fine before this. I tried the command...
  9. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fingerprint Sensor: Where is the fingerprint sensor on a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sensor/204bf66a-08c5-4225-b428-d9f1dc2c914c
  10. fingerprint sensor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint sensor: good day, hello i want to ask, most of new laptop now has fingerprint sensor but it only function to login using windows hello. can i use the fingerprint sensor to something more like to keep password or to lock folder ? if it can how to use it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. validity fingerprint sensor driver windows 10