Windows 10: Fingerprint sensor not detected

Discus and support Fingerprint sensor not detected in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've got a hp ProBook and got a fingerprint scanner with it but windows douse not detect it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ZainKhalid#, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Fingerprint sensor not detected

I've got a hp ProBook and got a fingerprint scanner with it but windows douse not detect it

:)

ZainKhalid#, Mar 4, 2021

2. Windows doesn't recognize my laptop's fingerprint sensor.

Hello,

I just bought a used HP elitebook 840 G2 which has a fingerprint sensor, I tried to link it to windows hello but couldn't. Tried to check if my fingerprint sensor drivers are up to date but couldn't even find one so I installed it from the windows website.
    Now that I installed it I still can't find it on my drivers list and windows hello still can't detect a fingerprint sensor on my laptop. Happy holidays and merry christmas to everyone.

YassirEl Hachimi, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Fingerprint sensor not detected

I bought an Asus F510QA laptop a couple of days ago and setup went smooth. Last night, the fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. I tried to locate the driver in the device manage but there was no section for biometrics. It seems like Windows do
    not recognize that my laptop has the fingerprint capability.

Richael AnneMarinay, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Leomer L Win User

Fingerprint sensor not detected

Hi Richael,

I'm sorry to hear that the Fingerprint sensor is not working properly. My name is Lee, a Windows 10 Independent Advisor.

Kindly download and install the fingerprint driver using this link from the ASUS website:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversFo...

Extract the files and run the executable file. Once done, kindly check the device manager if it can recognize the fingerprint driver.

Aside from updating the driver, you may want to download and install the latest BIOS and Chipset driver for your computer available at the ASUS website as well, here's the link:

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/F510QA/HelpDesk...

I hope my suggestion helps just please let me know if you need any further assistance, just reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Thank you and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Lee L.

Independent Advisor

Leomer L, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Fingerprint sensor not detected - Similar Threads - Fingerprint sensor detected

2. Fingerprint sensor not detected - Asus Vivobook flip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sensor not detected - Asus Vivobook flip: My fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. It put my laptop to sleep, and when turned back on a few minutes later it wasnt recognised anymore. I checked everything, updates, driver updates, I removed and reinstalled the specific driver, restarted the laptop. It didn't...
  3. Fingerprint sensor not detected - Asus Vivobook flip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint sensor not detected - Asus Vivobook flip: My fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. It put my laptop to sleep, and when turned back on a few minutes later it wasnt recognised anymore. I checked everything, updates, driver updates, I removed and reinstalled the specific driver, restarted the laptop. It didn't...
  4. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  5. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  6. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows can not detect my fingerprint sensor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows can not detect my fingerprint sensor: I fresh installed my windows in my Asus Vivobook x510uf, and when I decided to setup my fingerprint lock in sign in options, this occurred-But I was using the fingerprint for almost an year before fresh install. And I have installed the driver for the same from Asus' sitewhat...
  8. Fingerprint sensor not detected

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sensor not detected: I bought an Asus F510QA laptop a couple of days ago and setup went smooth. Last night, the fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. I tried to locate the driver in the device manage but there was no section for biometrics. It seems like Windows do not recognize that my...
  9. fingerprint sensor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint sensor: Hey, I recently purchased a Lenovo ideapad c340. On starting the computer, the fingerprint scanner option was not available and sign in options displays scanner as being unavailable in this device. The scanner was working perfectly fine before this. I tried the command...
  10. fingerprint sensor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint sensor: good day, hello i want to ask, most of new laptop now has fingerprint sensor but it only function to login using windows hello. can i use the fingerprint sensor to something more like to keep password or to lock folder ? if it can how to use it?...