Windows 10: Fingerprint sensor not recognized after KB4517389 update

Discus and support Fingerprint sensor not recognized after KB4517389 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the update KB4517389, the fingerprint sensor (Synaptic) on my Lenovo E531 was no longer working. It didn't show up in the device manager. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FengMo, Oct 14, 2019.

1. FengMo Win User

Fingerprint sensor not recognized after KB4517389 update

After the update KB4517389, the fingerprint sensor (Synaptic) on my Lenovo E531 was no longer working. It didn't show up in the device manager. I uninstalled KB4517389 and the the fingerprint sensor works fine now.

:)

FengMo, Oct 14, 2019

2. Fingerprint sensor disabled by Windows 10 update 1803

I recently installed update 1803 on my HP Windows 10 laptop. The fingerprint sensor stopped working. I don't know if was turned off or disabled or what.

Is there a way I can fix it? I found a thread about it here, but I'm not sure what they they are suggesting.

William Jockusch, Oct 14, 2019
  3. S-and-S Win User
    fingerprint sensor

You can use the fingerprint sensor with any program that supports it. For now, as far as I am aware, the fingerprint sensor on a Windows PC is only usable for signing in. I'll be happy to be corrected.

Let's hope that changes. I can use the fingerprint sensor on my Android phone to sign in to several apps.

S-and-S, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Mynn Win User

Problems with the fingerprint sensor

My ASUS zenbook UX431F's fingerprint sensor is not working. The problem started out as me not being able to log in using my fingerprint so i deleted it and added my fingerprint again which solved the problem for awhile. However, now i am unable to even
    add another one as it keeps showing up as "The device is unable to recognize your fingerprint. Please clean your sensor.". Even after cleaning it i am unable to use the function. Is this a problem with the software or am i supposed to bring my laptop in for
    maintenance. I got my laptop less than a year ago so it is relatively new.

Thema:

1. Fingerprint sensor not recognized after KB4517389 update - Similar Threads - Fingerprint sensor recognized

2. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  3. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  4. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Fingerprint sensor

Fingerprint sensor: Where can I find the fingerprint sensor on an HP Envy 17 laptop? I'd like to set up Windows Hello, but I can't find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sensor/02571187-82c2-41dc-ab66-e84bcf574afe
  6. Fingerprint sensor

Fingerprint sensor: This message always appers on the lock screen after the driver updated, even though I clean the fingerprint sensor it display message again if the computer is locked. What can i do to fixed this problem? [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows doesn't recognize my laptop's fingerprint sensor.

Windows doesn't recognize my laptop's fingerprint sensor.: Hello, I just bought a used HP elitebook 840 G2 which has a fingerprint sensor, I tried to link it to windows hello but couldn't. Tried to check if my fingerprint sensor drivers are up to date but couldn't even find one so I installed it from the windows website. Now that I...
  8. fingerprint sensor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint sensor: Hey, I recently purchased a Lenovo ideapad c340. On starting the computer, the fingerprint scanner option was not available and sign in options displays scanner as being unavailable in this device. The scanner was working perfectly fine before this. I tried the command...
  9. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fingerprint Sensor: Where is the fingerprint sensor on a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sensor/204bf66a-08c5-4225-b428-d9f1dc2c914c
  10. fingerprint sensor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint sensor: good day, hello i want to ask, most of new laptop now has fingerprint sensor but it only function to login using windows hello. can i use the fingerprint sensor to something more like to keep password or to lock folder ? if it can how to use it?...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my kensington fingerprint scanner no longer being recognised by win 10

2. fingerprint scanner not recognized on win 10