Windows 10: Fingerprint Sensor Not Working

Discus and support Fingerprint Sensor Not Working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello,I have a Dell XPS 7590 laptop purchased through the Microsoft Store in Canada and the fingerprint sensor doesn't work. I purchased the extended... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TimHolley, Jul 13, 2021.

1. TimHolley Win User

Fingerprint Sensor Not Working

Hello,I have a Dell XPS 7590 laptop purchased through the Microsoft Store in Canada and the fingerprint sensor doesn't work. I purchased the extended warranty so it should still be covered by warranty. I've reinstalled the driver, as well as rerecorded the finger print several times. I've also cleaned the sensor itself, but it still won't work. After several weeks of searching for warranty service and calling phone numbers, I've been unable to speak with anyone or get any information on how to get my computer serviced. I've spoken with Dell and they say that the warranty is provide

:)

TimHolley, Jul 13, 2021

2. Fingerprint sensor not working

I just updated to the newest version of Windows. This current laptop is only 2 weeks old and when I got it, the fingerprint sensor was working just fine. Now, after the update, the fingerprint sensor doesn't work. When I got to settings, it says we couldn't
    find a fingerprint sensor compatible with Windows Hello even though it worked before the update. How would I fix this? I've tried restarting but it doesn't work.

DerrickWang3, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Fingerprint reader not working

Thanks for the response. We need to update the driver associated to fingerprint hardware to help resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel --> Device Manager.
    • In the Device Manager, click Biometric Devices and expand the list. The fingerprint sensor is listed as a
      Synaptics FP Sensor, depending on the model of your system.
    • Right click on the device and choose Properties.
    • In the Properties, click “Driver” tab.
    • Click “Update Driver” for searching updated driver package even if the driver is up-to-date.

Let us know if this works.

Martin Bar, Jul 13, 2021
  4. S-and-S Win User

fingerprint sensor

You can use the fingerprint sensor with any program that supports it. For now, as far as I am aware, the fingerprint sensor on a Windows PC is only usable for signing in. I'll be happy to be corrected.

Let's hope that changes. I can use the fingerprint sensor on my Android phone to sign in to several apps.

S-and-S, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Fingerprint Sensor Not Working - Similar Threads - Fingerprint Sensor Working

2. My fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fingerprint sensor not working: my fingerprint sensor not working* Changed to a question and moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-fingerprint-sensor-not-working/7fcded56-420a-4527-b66c-508c25da930d
  3. My fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fingerprint sensor not working: my fingerprint sensor not working* Changed to a question and moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-fingerprint-sensor-not-working/7fcded56-420a-4527-b66c-508c25da930d
  4. Fingerprint sensor stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sensor stopped working: The sensor stopped working, now windows won't even recognise it. It says the option is currently unavailable even though it worked a few hours ago. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver which was hidden, but it had not reinstalled so is currently not on my device....
  5. Fingerprint Sensor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Sensor not working: Recently I have been unable to use my fingerprint sensor on my Asus Vivobook Pro14X. Under device manager > ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor properties, it is stated that "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  6. Fingerprint Sensor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Sensor not working: Recently I have been unable to use my fingerprint sensor on my Asus Vivobook Pro14X. Under device manager > ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor properties, it is stated that "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  7. fingerprint sensor stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint sensor stopped working: Windows hello shows "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".A screenshot from device manager:Also the driver package available at OEM's website zip seems corrupted ;-;https://www.mi.com/in/service/support/minotebookultradrivers.htmlI...
  8. Fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fingerprint sensor not working: My laptop aspire A514-52 suddenly stopped working without warning in settings it reads: "something went wrong. Try again later" And in device manager it says "device is working properly" I have gone on many forums to try and fix it but so far no luck. Here are the things I've...
  9. Fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sensor not working: I just updated to the newest version of Windows. This current laptop is only 2 weeks old and when I got it, the fingerprint sensor was working just fine. Now, after the update, the fingerprint sensor doesn't work. When I got to settings, it says we couldn't find a fingerprint...
  10. Fingerprint sensor not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint sensor not working: Recently I noticed my fingerprint sign in option no longer existed. Went into device manager and clicked on my fingerprint sensor's properties. It says: This device cannot start. (Code 10) The process hosting the driver for this device has terminated. Anyone know how to fix...