Windows 10: fingerprint sensor stopped working

Discus and support fingerprint sensor stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows hello shows "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".A screenshot from device manager:Also the driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShoumikKumbhakar, May 22, 2022.

1. fingerprint sensor stopped working

Windows hello shows "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".A screenshot from device manager:Also the driver package available at OEM's website zip seems corrupted ;-;https://www.mi.com/in/service/support/minotebookultradrivers.htmlI am pretty sure a driver re-install will fix the issue.

:)

ShoumikKumbhakar, May 22, 2022

2. Fingerprint sensor not working....again

Thank you for your reply.

I went back into the NGC folder and again it said I didn't have permission. I changed it to Administrators, Check Names and tried again unsuccessfully to delete it .

Here are the contents in the attached Doc1 file:

Is this the reason I am not able to fix the Fingerprint sensor in your opinion? Even after deleting the contents of NGC folder, what do you think I'll have to do next to get the Fingerprint sensor to work again?

I'll try your option of downloading Emco Unlockit after I do a backup of my entire computer this morning using Acronis True Image Home Edition.

Thank you very much for your excellent suggestions! I'll keep you posted with my progress!

FredricJLowe, May 22, 2022
  3. oQ21cSOv Win User
    Multiple Fingerprint Sensors on PC

Hello,

I am trying to connect more than one fingerprint sensors on the PC, to use with Windows Hello but this is usually buggy - and in the end both stop working until I remove one.

Is this a known issue (Search but found nothing) or is there a limit on how many fingerprint sensors you can connect to a PC?

oQ21cSOv, May 22, 2022
  4. fingerprint sensor stopped working

Fingerprint sensor not working

I just updated to the newest version of Windows. This current laptop is only 2 weeks old and when I got it, the fingerprint sensor was working just fine. Now, after the update, the fingerprint sensor doesn't work. When I got to settings, it says we couldn't
    find a fingerprint sensor compatible with Windows Hello even though it worked before the update. How would I fix this? I've tried restarting but it doesn't work.

DerrickWang3, May 22, 2022
Thema:

fingerprint sensor stopped working

1. fingerprint sensor stopped working - Similar Threads - fingerprint sensor stopped

2. Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working - 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working - 23H2: Hi everyone,I updated to 23H2 and then reset my machine, as I had a few minor issues and it was getting slow. The fingerprint sensor was working perfectly. Since I reset I have been having trouble with the fingerprint sensor. If I set up Windows Hello it will work a few times...
  3. Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working - 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working - 23H2: Hi everyone,I updated to 23H2 and then reset my machine, as I had a few minor issues and it was getting slow. The fingerprint sensor was working perfectly. Since I reset I have been having trouble with the fingerprint sensor. If I set up Windows Hello it will work a few times...
  4. Fingerprint sensor stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sensor stopped working: I recently purchased an Acer Spin 3 SP313-51N, and the fingerprint sensor has stopped working. While I was trying to login using the sensor, there was a message that said "there was a problem on our end," so I tried to troubleshoot the problem by restarting. Only now the...
  5. Fingerprint sensor stopped working

Fingerprint sensor stopped working: I recently purchased an Acer Spin 3 SP313-51N, and the fingerprint sensor has stopped working. While I was trying to login using the sensor, there was a message that said "there was a problem on our end," so I tried to troubleshoot the problem by restarting. Only now the...
  6. Fingerprint sensor stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sensor stopped working: The sensor stopped working, now windows won't even recognise it. It says the option is currently unavailable even though it worked a few hours ago. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver which was hidden, but it had not reinstalled so is currently not on my device....
  7. Fingerprint sensor stopped working

Fingerprint sensor stopped working: The sensor stopped working, now windows won't even recognise it. It says the option is currently unavailable even though it worked a few hours ago. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver which was hidden, but it had not reinstalled so is currently not on my device....
  8. Fingerprint sensor stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Fingerprint Sensor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Sensor not working: Recently I have been unable to use my fingerprint sensor on my Asus Vivobook Pro14X. Under device manager > ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor properties, it is stated that "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31...
  10. fingerprint sensor stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint sensor stopped working: Windows hello shows "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".A screenshot from device manager:Also the driver package available at OEM's website zip seems corrupted ;-;https://www.mi.com/in/service/support/minotebookultradrivers.htmlI...