Windows 10: fingerprint sensor

Discus and support fingerprint sensor in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; good day, hello i want to ask, most of new laptop now has fingerprint sensor but it only function to login using windows hello. can i use the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by derryip, Jun 15, 2019.

1. derryip Win User

fingerprint sensor

good day,

hello i want to ask, most of new laptop now has fingerprint sensor but it only function to login using windows hello. can i use the fingerprint sensor to something more like to keep password or to lock folder ? if it can how to use it?

:)

derryip, Jun 15, 2019

2. Fingerprint sensor disabled by Windows 10 update 1803

I recently installed update 1803 on my HP Windows 10 laptop. The fingerprint sensor stopped working. I don't know if was turned off or disabled or what.

Is there a way I can fix it? I found a thread about it here, but I'm not sure what they they are suggesting.

William Jockusch, Jun 15, 2019
  3. fingerprint sensor

hi, I have a Lenovo T470p and I have the same problem: fingerprint sensor is not working anymore after Windows Update. Please help us

hadiheidary, Jun 15, 2019
  4. fingerprint sensor

Fingerprint reader not working

Thanks for the response. We need to update the driver associated to fingerprint hardware to help resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel --> Device Manager.
    • In the Device Manager, click Biometric Devices and expand the list. The fingerprint sensor is listed as a
      Synaptics FP Sensor, depending on the model of your system.
    • Right click on the device and choose Properties.
    • In the Properties, click “Driver” tab.
    • Click “Update Driver” for searching updated driver package even if the driver is up-to-date.

Let us know if this works.

Martin Bar, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

fingerprint sensor

1. fingerprint sensor - Similar Threads - fingerprint sensor

2. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fingerprint Sensor: Where is the fingerprint sensor on a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sensor/204bf66a-08c5-4225-b428-d9f1dc2c914c
  3. Problems with the fingerprint sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problems with the fingerprint sensor: My ASUS zenbook UX431F's fingerprint sensor is not working. The problem started out as me not being able to log in using my fingerprint so i deleted it and added my fingerprint again which solved the problem for awhile. However, now i am unable to even add another one as it...
  4. Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver and Caps Lock light for Windows 10 doesn't work on HP...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver and Caps Lock light for Windows 10 doesn't work on HP...: Hi. Before my computer upgraded to Windows 10 in 2015, the original OS (Windows 7) was capable of using the Fingerprint sensor that came built in and the Caps Lock light indicator would work. After the upgrade, neither the sensor or the light indicator would work. I had...
  5. Where is the fingerprint sensor located?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is the fingerprint sensor located?: Where is the fingerprint sensor located? On the trackpad? It does not seem to respond to my finger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-fingerprint-sensor-located/bc37c073-78a3-4e84-84d1-3bda0cdcb20c
  6. Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor

Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor: I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account and I wanted to set up the fingerprint reader as an option to sign into my laptop... however I cannot for the life of me...
  7. FINGERPRINT SENSOR PROBLEM ON DELL LATITUDE E5430

FINGERPRINT SENSOR PROBLEM ON DELL LATITUDE E5430: Good day, When I set up my fingerprint in my windows hello it always says that "that fingerprint has already been set up on another account. Try a different finger." In the past, I was able to set it up without problems. However, when I performed a clean install of Windows...
  8. Fingerprint sensor Problem

Fingerprint sensor Problem: Hi there! I have dell Vostro 3468 and also the updated drivers for FP sensor. But Windows Hello is not still responding showing "Windows Hello is not available on the device". Device also has a fp scanner mounted at the bottom of touch mouse. I tried many methods like...
  9. Fingerprint Sensor has been no longer functioning when getting updated from Windows 10,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fingerprint Sensor has been no longer functioning when getting updated from Windows 10,...: Hi Everyone! I have HP brand(HP Pavilion dv6-6093ex) When Windows 10, version 1709(Build 16299, 309) got updated to Windows 10, version 1803(Build 17134.137) through Microsoft's Windows update service, I found the Validity Sensor has been no longer functioning. In Windows...
  10. Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update

Lenovo ThinkPad Synaptics fingerprint sensor killed by Windows 10 Update: Hardware: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 2 OS: Windows 10 Pro / Version 1803 / OS build 17134.137 Biometrics device: Fingerprint sensor Synaptics WBD(SGX enabled) After a usual Windows 10 update the driver for the fingerprint sensor does not work anymore. Fingerprint sensor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. validity fingerprint driver windows 10 hp