Windows 10: fingerprint sensor

Discus and support fingerprint sensor in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey, I recently purchased a Lenovo ideapad c340. On starting the computer, the fingerprint scanner option was not available and sign in options... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShivangiSheel, Nov 22, 2019.

1. fingerprint sensor

Hey,

I recently purchased a Lenovo ideapad c340. On starting the computer, the fingerprint scanner option was not available and sign in options displays scanner as being unavailable in this device. The scanner was working perfectly fine before this. I tried the command option. It worked earlier but does not help now. This has happened twice.

Thanks,

Shivangi

:)

ShivangiSheel, Nov 22, 2019
  2. S-and-S Win User

fingerprint sensor

You can use the fingerprint sensor with any program that supports it. For now, as far as I am aware, the fingerprint sensor on a Windows PC is only usable for signing in. I'll be happy to be corrected.

Let's hope that changes. I can use the fingerprint sensor on my Android phone to sign in to several apps.

S-and-S, Nov 22, 2019
  3. derryip Win User
    fingerprint sensor

good day,

hello i want to ask, most of new laptop now has fingerprint sensor but it only function to login using windows hello. can i use the fingerprint sensor to something more like to keep password or to lock folder ? if it can how to use it?

derryip, Nov 22, 2019
  4. fingerprint sensor

Fingerprint Sensor

Where is the fingerprint sensor on a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop please?

JulesYouknow, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

fingerprint sensor

1. fingerprint sensor - Similar Threads - fingerprint sensor

2. Issue with Windows Biometric Framework Capture Sample for Capacitive Touch Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Biometric Framework Capture Sample for Capacitive Touch Fingerprint Sensor: I am currently working on an application that involves capturing fingerprint images using the Windows Biometric Framework Capture Sample. The application works fine with optical sensors found in laptops which require swiping the finger. However, I am encountering an issue...
  3. Issue with Windows Biometric Framework Capture Sample for Capacitive Touch Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows Biometric Framework Capture Sample for Capacitive Touch Fingerprint Sensor: I am currently working on an application that involves capturing fingerprint images using the Windows Biometric Framework Capture Sample. The application works fine with optical sensors found in laptops which require swiping the finger. However, I am encountering an issue...
  4. Goodix fingerprint sensor not working on inspiron 7306 2in1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Goodix fingerprint sensor not working on inspiron 7306 2in1.: My fingerprint sensor, just wont work, I dont know why, When I try and put my fingerprint onto it, it doesnt detect anything. Earlier I tried to bind my fingerprint, and it said that nothing was being scanned,...
  5. Goodix fingerprint sensor not working on inspiron 7306 2in1.

Goodix fingerprint sensor not working on inspiron 7306 2in1.: My fingerprint sensor, just wont work, I dont know why, When I try and put my fingerprint onto it, it doesnt detect anything. Earlier I tried to bind my fingerprint, and it said that nothing was being scanned,...
  6. Hello i have an issue with fingerprint sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello i have an issue with fingerprint sensor: Actually when i am using only PIN or Password for logging in to turn on the laptop, its asking for the pin or password to enter, But when i wanted to set fingerprint also for login, its not working. Means when i turn on the laptop it is not asking for fingerprint or even pin...
  7. Hello i have an issue with fingerprint sensor

Hello i have an issue with fingerprint sensor: Actually when i am using only PIN or Password for logging in to turn on the laptop, its asking for the pin or password to enter, But when i wanted to set fingerprint also for login, its not working. Means when i turn on the laptop it is not asking for fingerprint or even pin...
  8. Problem with the fingerprint sensor after each Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the fingerprint sensor after each Windows 11 update: My computer is equipped with a fingerprint reader whose driver is up to date. Egis Technology The problem is that every time there is a Windows 11 update, the setting that allows the computer to turn off the device to save energy is automatically activated even if it was...
  9. Problem with the fingerprint sensor after each Windows 11 update

Problem with the fingerprint sensor after each Windows 11 update: My computer is equipped with a fingerprint reader whose driver is up to date. Egis Technology The problem is that every time there is a Windows 11 update, the setting that allows the computer to turn off the device to save energy is automatically activated even if it was...
  10. Egistec Touch Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Egistec Touch Fingerprint Sensor Stopped Working: Hi, my computer Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 has just updated to Windows 11 Home and my fingerprint sensor which is Egistec Touch Fingerprint sensor has stopped working. On device manager, it said that this hardware device is not connected to the computer....