Windows 10: Fingerprint setup grey out under Windows Hello on Windows 10 when login using domain account

Discus and support Fingerprint setup grey out under Windows Hello on Windows 10 when login using domain account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Any solution for this? I'm using Windows 10 Professional and joined to domain. Wen login using any local account, I can click and setup Fingerprint... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kok Keong Kan, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Fingerprint setup grey out under Windows Hello on Windows 10 when login using domain account

Any solution for this?

I'm using Windows 10 Professional and joined to domain.

Wen login using any local account, I can click and setup Fingerprint tab.

But when login using either domain users or domain admin account, I can't click on Fingerprint setup tab.

The AD domain is using Windows 2008 Server R2.

I have tried the above options searched from google but still same.

Is there anything to set or change on windows 2008 server R2 policy?

Thanks.

Kok Keong

:)

Kok Keong Kan, Apr 10, 2019
  2. JehRaz Win User

Windows Hello greyed out if login to Domain Account but enabled if login locally

cant use windows hello , fingerprint, pin on Lenovo 7460.

I can use Windows hello only if I'm logged in using local account. But is greyed out if logged in on using a domain account.

JehRaz, Apr 10, 2019
  3. zdoe Win User
  4. mu5ic92 Win User

Fingerprint setup grey out under Windows Hello on Windows 10 when login using domain account

Windows Hello greyed out if login to Domain Account but enabled if login locally

I am having the same issue after installing the windows 10 anniversary update. My computer was also joined to a corp domain with Windows 10 enterprise version 1511 and I was able to set up Windows Hello with the surface keyboard fingerprint sensor with
    absolutely no issues (should rule out any GPO blocking Windows hello on my work domain). Decided to update to the Anniversary update and now I am seeing the same issue where the Windows Hello options are grey out and I have a message saying it is due to some
    power options enabled. More insite would be great.

mu5ic92, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Fingerprint setup grey out under Windows Hello on Windows 10 when login using domain account

1. Fingerprint setup grey out under Windows Hello on Windows 10 when login using domain account - Similar Threads - Fingerprint setup grey

2. Windows Hello fingerprint setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello fingerprint setup: When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options and try to set up fingerprint recognition, it says "Sorry, something went wrong." and asks me to go through the setup again. I am running Windows 11 22H2....
  3. Windows Hello fingerprint setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello fingerprint setup: When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options and try to set up fingerprint recognition, it says "Sorry, something went wrong." and asks me to go through the setup again. I am running Windows 11 22H2....
  4. Windows Hello Pin 'Setup' button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin 'Setup' button is greyed out: I am trying to setup PIN Windows Hello. The 'Setup' button is greyed out and is not clickable. I have never used any of the Windows Hello features on this PC....
  5. Windows Hello Pin 'Setup' button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Pin 'Setup' button is greyed out: I am trying to setup PIN Windows Hello. The 'Setup' button is greyed out and is not clickable. I have never used any of the Windows Hello features on this PC....
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup: I recently got a new acer aspire 7 laptop with inbuilt fingerprint scanner in the trackpad And have been using it for 4 months now After updating to 20H2 update and signing in to my school provided microsoft account I dont seem to be able to use the fingerprint option. It...
  7. Cannot login with Fingerprint in Windows 10 on a Domain

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot login with Fingerprint in Windows 10 on a Domain: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some users may be experiencing Biometric login issues when they try to sign-in to their Windows 10 systems joined to a domain. If you cannot login with Fingerprint to domain account, then this post shows how to enable Biometrics on [...] This post Cannot...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint Login

Windows Hello Fingerprint Login: I have an Ideapad 710S Plus-13IKB Signature Edition running Windows 10 Home V1803. Recently the fingerprint login option disappeared and I am forced to use either password or pin. In the settings under login options it says that Windows Hello isn't available for my device....
  9. Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor

Unable to setup Windows Hello to use Fingerprint sensor: I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account and I wanted to set up the fingerprint reader as an option to sign into my laptop... however I cannot for the life of me...
  10. Fingerprint option is greyed out in Windows 10

Fingerprint option is greyed out in Windows 10: Hi, I have tried all options given in various forums but still the Finger print option doesn't get highlighted.'I have checked device driver in Device settings, updated local GPO, dis-joined laptop from Domain but still same issue persists. I'm having dell Vostro 5471, i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo fingerprint reader windows 10 domain

2. fingerprint win10 domain account

3. 1903 fingerprint on domain joined