Windows 10: Fingerprint sign-in for Apps and Browser - Pop up Window for scan is behind windows and has...

Discus and support Fingerprint sign-in for Apps and Browser - Pop up Window for scan is behind windows and has... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,The windows security pop up window requesting finger print scan is not behaving correctly:it always appears behind other windowsdoes not have input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ken-dragon, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Fingerprint sign-in for Apps and Browser - Pop up Window for scan is behind windows and has...

Hi,The windows security pop up window requesting finger print scan is not behaving correctly:it always appears behind other windowsdoes not have input focusI need to mouse click to bring it to front and click in it, before it will accept a fingerprint scan.This happens with request from web browser, e.g Ebay in Chrome and Edgeand with apps e.g. RoboformIs there a setting somewhere to force window focus when activated?If it has any bearing on the matter, I am using multi-monitors

:)

Ken-dragon, Sep 18, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Fingerprint sign-in for Apps and Browser - Pop up Window for scan is behind windows and has... fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 18, 2022
  3. No option for fingerprint scan login

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Download the
      Hardware and devices troubleshooter
      . In the
      File Download dialog box, select Open and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • If the fingerprint reader isn’t working, detach and reattach your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID from your Surface Pro 4 and try using the fingerprint reader again.
    • If reattaching your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID doesn’t solve the problem, try typing or using the touchpad. If neither the keyboard nor the touchpad on your Cover works, see

Troubleshoot your Surface Cover
    If the IR camera or the fingerprint reader still aren’t working:

Step 1:
    Sign in to your Surface using a different method (such as a PIN or password).

Step 2:
    Remove the scan of your face or fingerprint and set up a new scan, following the steps in

Windows Hello doesn’t recognize your face or fingerprint, and there is an error message.

Step 3:
    Sign in using Windows Hello.

If you still can’t sign in using Windows Hello, you may be having a software issue. How to fix software issues

If the IR camera on your Surface or the fingerprint reader on your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID still isn’t working,

contact us

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Sep 18, 2022
  4. Fingerprint sign-in for Apps and Browser - Pop up Window for scan is behind windows and has...

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Nikhar,

Thanks for the reply.

Yesterday I had a chat discussion with one of the Microsoft tech agents. After much troubleshooting and hit and try, some issues got fixed.

I use HP Client Security for fingerprint login. There I also created 'spare key' which was preventing Windows to show fingerprint login option. When I removed spare key option, I got back the fingerprint login option for me.

Thanks & regards,

Rajesh Pathak

RajeshfromIndia, Sep 18, 2022
Thema:

Fingerprint sign-in for Apps and Browser - Pop up Window for scan is behind windows and has...

1. Fingerprint sign-in for Apps and Browser - Pop up Window for scan is behind windows and has... - Similar Threads - Fingerprint sign Apps

2. Windows Security Sign In Pop Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Sign In Pop Up: I have a user that I recently swapped to a new machine. Since initial log in she continues to have this Windows Security pop come up every 5-10 minutes. It doesn't matter what she is doing, what apps are open, or any other identifiable cause of the pop up. The pop up doesn't...
  3. Windows Security Sign In Pop Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Sign In Pop Up: I have a user that I recently swapped to a new machine. Since initial log in she continues to have this Windows Security pop come up every 5-10 minutes. It doesn't matter what she is doing, what apps are open, or any other identifiable cause of the pop up. The pop up doesn't...
  4. Windows Security Sign In Pop Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Fingerprint sign-in for Apps and Browser - Pop up Window for scan is behind windows and has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sign-in for Apps and Browser - Pop up Window for scan is behind windows and has...: Hi,The windows security pop up window requesting finger print scan is not behaving correctly:it always appears behind other windowsdoes not have input focusI need to mouse click to bring it to front and click in it, before it will accept a fingerprint scan.This happens with...
  6. Caret Browser pops up in every app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caret Browser pops up in every app.: This pops up in every app and browser, multiple times and is restricting my use of my desktop. It has also made my start menu have a white film over it and now I can no longer use it. I have tried all methods posting on help forums and yet it still won't go away. I even...
  7. Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 opening pop-up window in background behind main window, failed to focus on pop-up: Hi, Windows 10 introduced the known and well distributed issue with pop-up dialog windows, which are not focused on top of all other windows, but rather they stay in background, hidden behind the active window. So many times customers call me: "I cannot access some web...
  8. Problems to set up fingerprint scanning.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problems to set up fingerprint scanning.: Hello, I have tried to configure my fingerprints to protect my laptop is an Acer, but I have not been successful. How do I set up my laptop to log in with fingerprint scanning or password? Thank you....
  9. No NCSI pop-up behind a captive portal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No NCSI pop-up behind a captive portal: Hi everyone, I'm using a PC with an up to date Windows 10. I'm connected to a captive portal network. As said in this documentation, the DNS resolution of the URI www.msftconnecttest.com works and the Get of the URI "http://www.msftconnecttest.com/connecttest.txt" is...
  10. Pop-ups are appearing behind parent window

in Windows 10 Support
    Pop-ups are appearing behind parent window: Hi all, Since installing 10, whenever |I open a pop-up window (e.g. right-click, properties dialog, the copy/move/delete progress window etc), they open behind the main parent window. Any ideas how to change this? Thanks TD 14318