Windows 10: Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen

Discus and support Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Insider Build number 18309.1000 on a Lenovo Carbon 1X. After enrolling fingerprints in Windows Hello, the system... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Joeysh, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Joeysh Win User

Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen

Hello,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Insider Build number 18309.1000 on a Lenovo Carbon 1X.

After enrolling fingerprints in Windows Hello, the system works fine, and let me log in using my fingerprint reader.

This only lasts for a short period of time: after some time (something random), on a subsequent login (even without restarting, just locking the device or putting it to sleep), the fingerprint option disappears from Windows hello (other options, like pin, stays).

If I re-enroll my fingerprints, the option returns, again for a random time span.

Any help and direction would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

***Modified title from: Windows Hello "forgets" about fingerprint option on Windows Insider build 18309***

:)

Joeysh, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Emad1111 Win User

Fingerprint option not available in log on screen

Thanks for your suggestion but I have already tried that and there is no Fingerprint sign in option in the Sign-in Options below the password box.

Emad1111, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Fingerprint login disappeared from sign-in options

I have a Lenovo x270 laptop that is brand new. I performed a system update and the fingerprint sign-in disappeared. How can I bring it back ?

AviPe'er work, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen

fingerprint login option gone!!

Hi Jesper,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we would like to know if you have made any changes to the computer prior to this issue.

I suggest you to enable the biometric sign in option in setting and check.

Method 1: Enable the biometric sign in option

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options tab.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

If you are unable to find the biometric sign in option, I suggest you to follow the instruction provided in method 2 and then perform method 1 on your computer and check.

Method 2: Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default.
    However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates -->Windows Components-->Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
      • Select enable option and click on Apply and
        OK button.
    Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided in method 1.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen

1. Fingerprint sign in option disappears on Login screen - Similar Threads - Fingerprint sign option

2. fingerprint in sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint in sign in options: I cannot use now my fingerprint it was working fine yesterday, maybe it is cause by the update?I am using Windows 10 Pro with Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK laptopJerryM....
  3. fingerprint in sign in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fingerprint in sign in options: I cannot use now my fingerprint it was working fine yesterday, maybe it is cause by the update?I am using Windows 10 Pro with Lenovo Ideapad 500-15ISK laptopJerryM....
  4. fingerprint in sign in options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lenovo fingerprint sign in option disappeared: One day, I reset my fingerprint on my lenovo thinkbook 14s iwl and when I later checked, the option for signing in with a fingerprint was gone. The fingerprint option has completely disappeared on my laptop like it never existed. How can I fix this?...
  6. Issue with fingerprint sign in option disappearing after restart

Issue with fingerprint sign in option disappearing after restart: I am using a ASUS ROG Flow X13 Laptop, which has recently come out.The fingerprint appears as registered in the windows settings, and I can either add another or remove it. If I add another, or remove and add it again, it works for a while. Up until the point the PC goes into...
  7. fingerprint sign-in disappeared

fingerprint sign-in disappeared: My fingerprint sign-in option disappeared and it says my computer doesn't have this option anymore. What?? Please help. I have been using it for a year. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sign-in-disappeared/a63c4744-f5f2-427b-82bb-0b1d04182e62
  8. Fingerprint Sign-In Disappeared from the login page

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint Sign-In Disappeared from the login page: Even though in the settings for Sign-In options (Windows Hello) says that I am set to sign in using fingerprints, the option has disappeared from the login page and I only get the PIN and Microsoft Password options. I could sign in using fingerprints on this very device and...
  9. Fingerprint Sign In Option

Fingerprint Sign In Option: Hi, I have an HP Envy x360 with the Windows Hello sign in options. I have been using the fingerprint sign in option ever since I got the laptop a few months ago. I've not had any problems with it. I just updated it and now that option is gone when I turn my laptop on and...
  10. Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello and Fingerprint Sign-In Option Working then COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED>...: I have a 3 month old ASUS Q525U Ntebook PC that came with fingerprint pad within the touchpad area and that is how I have been signing in consistently...until suddenly prompted with PIN or Password sign-in option and fingerprint not an option. This happened once before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fingerprint sign in option disappeared

2. windows hello fingerprint no longer available

3. fingerprint sign in option disappeared windows 10

4. sign options fingerprint,
  5. asus fingerprint sign in no longer available,
  6. fingerprint not an option in hello windows,
  7. fingerprint option has disappeared,
  8. finger print sign in is missing 5 2020,
  9. no fingerprint sign in option windows 10,
  10. fingerprint windows 10 dissapear,
  11. Finger poin option not visible in windows login screen in windows 10,