Windows 10: Fingerprint Sign-in option stopped working immediately in Dell Latitude 5500 Win11 Pro -22H2

Discus and support Fingerprint Sign-in option stopped working immediately in Dell Latitude 5500 Win11 Pro -22H2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Mates,Good day to all. Please could you help me with this error?I was using this feature for the last 11 months. Yesterday it stopped working,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sameerali Pulikkal, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Fingerprint Sign-in option stopped working immediately in Dell Latitude 5500 Win11 Pro -22H2

Hi Mates,Good day to all. Please could you help me with this error?I was using this feature for the last 11 months. Yesterday it stopped working, unfortunately. As I remember there were no updates installed recently that may cause this issue. I hope our experts can easily figure it out. Thank you

:)

Sameerali Pulikkal, Nov 28, 2022

2. Not seeing Fingerprint in Sign-in options

I have a Dell Latitude E5450 running Windows 10 and I'm trying to get its fingerprint scanner to work. At first there were no drivers but after googling for a while I found one and installed it:

Fingerprint Sign-in option stopped working immediately in Dell Latitude 5500 Win11 Pro -22H2 [​IMG]

Not sure if it is the right one but it's the only one I could find. When I go to sign-in options I see Password, PIN and Picture Password but not Fingerprint, or Windows Hello if that's what it's called.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

aleksakojadinov, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Fingerprint sign in stopped working after Windows 22H2 Update

I recently updated my system with the Windows 11 22H2 update, and after the restart, I was unable to sign in with my fingerprint or PIN, therefore I had to reset the PIN through my Windows account. However, the option for fingerprint recognition sign-in is displayed as "This option is currently unavailable; something went wrong." Try again later.
    Please provide any solutions to this.

Akshay Sankhla, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Fingerprint Sign-in option stopped working immediately in Dell Latitude 5500 Win11 Pro -22H2

No option for fingerprint scan login

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Download the
      Hardware and devices troubleshooter
      . In the
      File Download dialog box, select Open and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • If the fingerprint reader isn’t working, detach and reattach your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID from your Surface Pro 4 and try using the fingerprint reader again.
    • If reattaching your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID doesn’t solve the problem, try typing or using the touchpad. If neither the keyboard nor the touchpad on your Cover works, see

Troubleshoot your Surface Cover
    If the IR camera or the fingerprint reader still aren’t working:

Step 1:
    Sign in to your Surface using a different method (such as a PIN or password).

Step 2:
    Remove the scan of your face or fingerprint and set up a new scan, following the steps in

Windows Hello doesn’t recognize your face or fingerprint, and there is an error message.

Step 3:
    Sign in using Windows Hello.

If you still can’t sign in using Windows Hello, you may be having a software issue. How to fix software issues

If the IR camera on your Surface or the fingerprint reader on your Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID still isn’t working,

contact us

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Fingerprint Sign-in option stopped working immediately in Dell Latitude 5500 Win11 Pro -22H2

1. Fingerprint Sign-in option stopped working immediately in Dell Latitude 5500 Win11 Pro -22H2 - Similar Threads - Fingerprint Sign option

2. Weird Issue With Dell Latitude 5500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Issue With Dell Latitude 5500: I have a Dell Latitude 5500 from 2019. When I am connected to any power source all works well. When I am away from a power source, I have these weird, random instances where Windows will lock the PC if I use the number pad. This happened on Windows 10 Build 21H2 and still...
  3. Weird Issue With Dell Latitude 5500

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Issue With Dell Latitude 5500: I have a Dell Latitude 5500 from 2019. When I am connected to any power source all works well. When I am away from a power source, I have these weird, random instances where Windows will lock the PC if I use the number pad. This happened on Windows 10 Build 21H2 and still...
  4. Fingerprint Sign-in option stopped working immediately in Dell Latitude 5500 Win11 Pro -22H2

Fingerprint Sign-in option stopped working immediately in Dell Latitude 5500 Win11 Pro -22H2: Hi Mates,Good day to all. Please could you help me with this error?I was using this feature for the last 11 months. Yesterday it stopped working, unfortunately. As I remember there were no updates installed recently that may cause this issue. I hope our experts can easily...
  5. Fingerprint sign in stopped working after Windows 22H2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sign in stopped working after Windows 22H2 Update: I recently updated my system with the Windows 11 22H2 update, and after the restart, I was unable to sign in with my fingerprint or PIN, therefore I had to reset the PIN through my Windows account. However, the option for fingerprint recognition sign-in is displayed as "This...
  6. Fingerprint sign in stopped working after Windows 22H2 Update

Fingerprint sign in stopped working after Windows 22H2 Update: I recently updated my system with the Windows 11 22H2 update, and after the restart, I was unable to sign in with my fingerprint or PIN, therefore I had to reset the PIN through my Windows account. However, the option for fingerprint recognition sign-in is displayed as "This...
  7. Fingerprint sign in stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sign in stopped working: The fingerprint sign in stopped working this week. Shows "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sign-in-stopped-working/9ce2788f-d407-4747-ba17-5a45aee0dc7b
  8. Microphone Array Realtek Audio driver cannot be installed and not working in Dell Latitude 5500

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Array Realtek Audio driver cannot be installed and not working in Dell Latitude 5500: Dell Latitude 5500 microphone is not working. Here is the event log for Microphone Array Realtek Audio when I tried to update the driver. When I wanted to update the driver from 'Search automatically for drivers' , it is reported that the driver is installed successfully....
  9. Intel UHD Graphic not able to install @ Dell Latitude 5500

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel UHD Graphic not able to install @ Dell Latitude 5500: Hi Support, I am not able to install Intel Graphic driver while installing its keep giving me an error as processor not supported but as per Dell website driver supported for below processor Processor: Core i7 8665U x64 based processor OS: Window 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB...
  10. sign-in-options not working for fingerprint

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    sign-in-options not working for fingerprint: I am unable to sign-in under anything but password - which is not accepted or not valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-options-not-working-for-fingerprint/140731c1-0822-4640-82d0-d66d79d1059b"