Windows 10: Fingerprint sign in stopped working after Windows 22H2 Update

Discus and support Fingerprint sign in stopped working after Windows 22H2 Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently updated my system with the Windows 11 22H2 update, and after the restart, I was unable to sign in with my fingerprint or PIN, therefore I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Akshay Sankhla, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Fingerprint sign in stopped working after Windows 22H2 Update

I recently updated my system with the Windows 11 22H2 update, and after the restart, I was unable to sign in with my fingerprint or PIN, therefore I had to reset the PIN through my Windows account. However, the option for fingerprint recognition sign-in is displayed as "This option is currently unavailable; something went wrong." Try again later. Please provide any solutions to this.

:)

Akshay Sankhla, Nov 27, 2022

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

This is still not working after doing all those steps, please help after the Windows update it stopped working and it says the following : we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint.

After taking all the steps you suggested on here it says i have the latest update.

MildredMorales2, Nov 27, 2022
  3. fingerprint sign in isnt working or letting me set up

Hello Samantha,

Driver incompatibility is one of the possible reasons why fingerprint sign-in isn't working on your computer. For us to further isolate and assist you better with this, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Roll back drivers / use default drivers

• Open Device Manager by right-clicking the Start button and choosing Device Manager from the list.
    • Locate your fingerprint driver and double click it to open its properties.
    • Click the Roll Back Driver button.
    This will install the previously installed driver instead of the one you’re currently using.

To go back to the default drivers do the following:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Find your fingerprint scanner driver.
    • Right-click it and choose Uninstall device.
    • Check Delete the driver software for this device and click
      Uninstall

Step 2: Update your drivers

It's often better to use the latest driver optimized for Windows 10, so make sure that you visit your fingerprint scanner manufacturer and check for latest Windows 10 drivers.

We also suggest visiting the article below to know more details about it.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Nov 27, 2022
  4. _RobS_ Win User

Fingerprint sign in stopped working after Windows 22H2 Update

Signing in with fingerprint stopped working on Windows 10

I bought a new Lenovo Yoga 920 Glass and went through some regular setup and configurations.

Fingerprint was working nicely as expected.

Next day I installed a couple of simple programs like browser and then a big Windows update was needed.

I was then prompted with the need to set up Windows Hello and a PIN.

Somewhere along this, the fingerprint sign in stopped working.

Many articles refer to Settings > Sign-in options

But there I see on top in red "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown".

And under the Windows Hello it says "Windows Hello isn't available on this device".

Why is Hello not available and why has it disabled the fingerprint reader?

So now my sign in options are either the regular password or a PIN.

I wanted fingerprint for 2 reason... easier to log in but also more secure.

Looks like Windows decided the PIN was more secure than the fingerprint!

I am using a Microsoft account.

How do I get the fingerprint sign in option to work again?

_RobS_, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

Fingerprint sign in stopped working after Windows 22H2 Update

1. Fingerprint sign in stopped working after Windows 22H2 Update - Similar Threads - Fingerprint sign stopped

2. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  3. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  4. Fingerprint sign in stopped working after the recent Windows updates

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sign in stopped working after the recent Windows updates: I have two laptops, both of which has fingerprint sensors. After the recent updates, fingerprint login does not work on both of them. I tried "sfc -scannow" and "dism /cleanup-image /online /restorehealth", but they did not work. If I check event log right after boot-up, I...
  5. Fingerprint sign in stopped working after the recent Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sign in stopped working after the recent Windows updates: I have two laptops, both of which has fingerprint sensors. After the recent updates, fingerprint login does not work on both of them. I tried "sfc -scannow" and "dism /cleanup-image /online /restorehealth", but they did not work. If I check event log right after boot-up, I...
  6. Fingerprint sign in stopped working after the recent Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Scanner stopped working after updating the windows: I updated the windows. From then the fingerprint scanner stopped working. I formatted the laptop to factory settings. Then also the fingerprint scanner error is showing....
  8. Fingerprint sign in stopped working after Windows 22H2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sign in stopped working after Windows 22H2 Update: I recently updated my system with the Windows 11 22H2 update, and after the restart, I was unable to sign in with my fingerprint or PIN, therefore I had to reset the PIN through my Windows account. However, the option for fingerprint recognition sign-in is displayed as "This...
  9. Fingerprint sign in stopped working

Fingerprint sign in stopped working: The fingerprint sign in stopped working this week. Shows "we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sign-in-stopped-working/9ce2788f-d407-4747-ba17-5a45aee0dc7b
  10. Signing in with fingerprint stopped working on Windows 10

Signing in with fingerprint stopped working on Windows 10: Hello, I have a Lenovo Yoga 920. Fingerprint was working nicely as expected for about a month now..I do have other sign in options set up in case (such a pin and Microsoft login previously as well.. But now the fingerprint sign in stopped working. Under Settings >...