Windows 10: Fingerprint sign-in

Discus and support Fingerprint sign-in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello!!! My fingerprint sign-in is no longer possible on a Lenovo Yoga 92013IKB. It was possible since I bought the laptop but now my system does... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MariusSamson1, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Fingerprint sign-in

Hello!!!

My fingerprint sign-in is no longer possible on a Lenovo Yoga 92013IKB.

It was possible since I bought the laptop but now my system does not allow to sign-in with fingerprint because ""Windows hello" is no longer available on this device"...

Can someone help?

:)

MariusSamson1, Dec 5, 2018

2. fingerprint sign in isnt working or letting me set up

Hello Samantha,

Driver incompatibility is one of the possible reasons why fingerprint sign-in isn't working on your computer. For us to further isolate and assist you better with this, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Roll back drivers / use default drivers

• Open Device Manager by right-clicking the Start button and choosing Device Manager from the list.
    • Locate your fingerprint driver and double click it to open its properties.
    • Click the Roll Back Driver button.
    This will install the previously installed driver instead of the one you’re currently using.

To go back to the default drivers do the following:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Find your fingerprint scanner driver.
    • Right-click it and choose Uninstall device.
    • Check Delete the driver software for this device and click
      Uninstall

Step 2: Update your drivers

It's often better to use the latest driver optimized for Windows 10, so make sure that you visit your fingerprint scanner manufacturer and check for latest Windows 10 drivers.

We also suggest visiting the article below to know more details about it.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Dec 5, 2018
  3. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Wullail Win User

Fingerprint sign-in

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Fingerprint sign-in

1. Fingerprint sign-in - Similar Threads - Fingerprint sign

2. Can't use fingerprint or face to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use fingerprint or face to sign in: I can't use fingerprint or facial recognition to sign in ,, it always shows "this option is currently unavailable" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-fingerprint-or-face-to-sign-in/b77b4c75-8d7d-46ce-983c-6b4cfce4df50
  3. Can't use fingerprint or face to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use fingerprint or face to sign in: I can't use fingerprint or facial recognition to sign in ,, it always shows "this option is currently unavailable" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-fingerprint-or-face-to-sign-in/b77b4c75-8d7d-46ce-983c-6b4cfce4df50
  4. Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...: I have a HP Elite X2 1012 G2 and it does have a fingerprint scanner as well as a front and rare facing camera but the Hello sign in option is not available for my device, i see an error message in the Windows Hello sign in option saying my device does not meet the minimum...
  5. Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...

Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...: I have a HP Elite X2 1012 G2 and it does have a fingerprint scanner as well as a front and rare facing camera but the Hello sign in option is not available for my device, i see an error message in the Windows Hello sign in option saying my device does not meet the minimum...
  6. Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. windows sign in - fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows sign in - fingerprint: I have the fingerprint reader on my laptop. It has worked up until 2 days ago. I have updated my computer and when I go into settings it says that I cannot set up windows Hello because I dont have it when I do. How do I fix this?...
  8. windows sign in - fingerprint

windows sign in - fingerprint: I have the fingerprint reader on my laptop. It has worked up until 2 days ago. I have updated my computer and when I go into settings it says that I cannot set up windows Hello because I dont have it when I do. How do I fix this?...
  9. How do I get my WIndows Hello fingerprint sign in option to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my WIndows Hello fingerprint sign in option to work?: When I went to log onto my computer last night my fingerprint sensor said, sorry something went wrong. So I went to use my PIN instead. But something was wrong with that as well so I had to reset my pin before I could log in. Once I had logged in I decided to remove my...
  10. How do I get my WIndows Hello fingerprint sign in option to work?

How do I get my WIndows Hello fingerprint sign in option to work?: When I went to log onto my computer last night my fingerprint sensor said, sorry something went wrong. So I went to use my PIN instead. But something was wrong with that as well so I had to reset my pin before I could log in. Once I had logged in I decided to remove my...