Windows 10: Fingerprint unavailable with domain login but working with localadmin

Discus and support Fingerprint unavailable with domain login but working with localadmin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I have a brand new work laptop with Win 10 Pro Version 1903 OS Build 18362.1016. I have a domain user setup as my main acct and a local admin acct.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Goldy1800, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Goldy1800 Win User

Fingerprint unavailable with domain login but working with localadmin

So I have a brand new work laptop with Win 10 Pro Version 1903 OS Build 18362.1016. I have a domain user setup as my main acct and a local admin acct. Both are admin level accts. The biometrics signons are all available and work with the local admin acct. With my domain user acct, the biometrics signons are unavailable. I have used gpedit to enable the biometrics settings and disabled the facial features under computer configuration. These did not resolve the issue. Can someone make some suggestions as there is a difference between the admin domain acct and local admin acct.

:)

Goldy1800, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Joe C_93 Win User

The RPC server is unavailable at login screen on domain

On several of our PC's at work we have had SQL Server Express 2012 installed and after a reboot we are getting an error at the domain login screen saying "The RPC Server is unavailable"

We are unable to login both locally and on the domain and the PCs are resetting after about a minute.

Running Windows 10 Pro.

Any help would be appreciated!

Joe C_93, Aug 22, 2020
  3. How to enable fingerprint sensor while in domain and linux active directory

In my office we have a Linux based server (nethserver) which handles stuff like samba share, DHCP, and newly added: active directory (for our Windows clients) etc.

Now because of the lack of security I decided to use the server as AD controller to enable domain user login on the Windows clients.

So now I really want to use a fingerprint sensor for the colleges to login but it is greyed out in the account settings.

So what is working:

• Active Directory on Server
    • adding windows PC to domain
    • login as a domain user on windows mashine

What I need to work:

• fingerprint sensor login (windows hello maybe?)
    • I think PIN login is required for fingerprint login (?)

What I have already tried:

• in GPO allowed fingerprint sensor login (computer config AND user config (just to be sure) and Windows Hello, PIN login.

I think I read somewehere that I HAVE TO use a Windows Server domain to enable Windows Hello for Business and so the PIN login or Fingerprint sensor.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround to enable fingerprint reader for Windows clients in a domain?

Sethologik, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Fingerprint unavailable with domain login but working with localadmin

Fingerprint removed during upgrade and i can't login !!

Hi Firas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to login to the guest account and update the drivers for fingerprint by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Right click on the driver for Fingerprint and select the option to update the driver and follow the prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint unavailable with domain login but working with localadmin

1. Fingerprint unavailable with domain login but working with localadmin - Similar Threads - Fingerprint unavailable domain

2. Domain user login not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain user login not working: Hi All, I have a some doubt regarding one of user logon scenario.I am using _KERB_INTERACTIVE_UNLOCK_LOGON structure. Under that Logon member is corresponding to KERB_INTERACTIVE_LOGON.Here is the structure:typedef struct _KERB_INTERACTIVE_LOGON { KERB_LOGON_SUBMIT_TYPE...
  3. Domain user login not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain user login not working: Hi All, I have a some doubt regarding one of user logon scenario.I am using _KERB_INTERACTIVE_UNLOCK_LOGON structure. Under that Logon member is corresponding to KERB_INTERACTIVE_LOGON.Here is the structure:typedef struct _KERB_INTERACTIVE_LOGON { KERB_LOGON_SUBMIT_TYPE...
  4. Domain user login not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fingerprint login not working

Fingerprint login not working: Hi, everytime i try and login through bio metrics, it says "somthing went wrong and our end". Its been doing this for about a month now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-login-not-working/00c298d4-58ef-4b70-a1d0-704bb8c50e82
  6. Fingerprint is suddenly unavailable

Fingerprint is suddenly unavailable: My Dell laptop was working fine until it just glitched 3x and just flashed black screen. I just restarted it so now, it's all working fine. Except, my fingerprint suddenly is unavailable. I tried to check the sign in options but now it says that Windows Hello isn't available...
  7. fingerprint login not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    fingerprint login not working: Hello, My computer is only about 2 months old (ver 1909). A couple of days ago, my fingerprint reader suddenly stopped working. I've deleted the original scan and tried to re-set it up, but the scanner isn't even looking at my fingerprint. How can I fix it? EDIT - I fixed it...
  8. Fingerprint unavailable

Fingerprint unavailable: I've had my windows 10 Hp-ENVY for about a month now and my fingerprint scanner suddenly stopped being available and now, even though its been fine the past month today its just not working. I've tried restarting however its just not working [ATTACH]...
  9. Fingerprint login stopped working

Fingerprint login stopped working: I have a Lenovo 540 yoga laptop. The fingerprint login stopped working after a recent windows update. this is the message I get [ATTACH] I have tried stopping the biometric using del c:\windows\system32\WinBioDatabase\...
  10. Cannot login with Fingerprint in Windows 10 on a Domain

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot login with Fingerprint in Windows 10 on a Domain: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some users may be experiencing Biometric login issues when they try to sign-in to their Windows 10 systems joined to a domain. If you cannot login with Fingerprint to domain account, then this post shows how to enable Biometrics on [...] This post Cannot...