Windows 10: Fingerprint unavailable

Discus and support Fingerprint unavailable in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've had my windows 10 Hp-ENVY for about a month now and my fingerprint scanner suddenly stopped being available and now, even though its been fine the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kofi Belafonte, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Fingerprint unavailable

I've had my windows 10 Hp-ENVY for about a month now and my fingerprint scanner suddenly stopped being available and now, even though its been fine the past month today its just not working.

I've tried restarting however its just not working

Fingerprint unavailable d56bfabd-076e-413d-88f0-50eba9787413?upload=true.png

:)

Kofi Belafonte, Jul 2, 2020

2. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Jul 2, 2020
  3. CRKms Win User
    windows hello fingerprint option currently unavailable

windows hello fingerprint option currently unavailable

CRKms, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Fingerprint unavailable

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Fingerprint unavailable fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Fingerprint unavailable

1. Fingerprint unavailable - Similar Threads - Fingerprint unavailable

2. How to access my computer when fingerprints and pin options are unavailable ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access my computer when fingerprints and pin options are unavailable ?: I have a Lenovo Legion 7 Gen 7 and I can't log in. The fingerprints don't work at all it doesn't even scan anything and I can't put my pin in because it says "something happened and your pin isn't available" and when I try to set it up again it says that I need to find an...
  3. How to access my computer when fingerprints and pin options are unavailable ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access my computer when fingerprints and pin options are unavailable ?: I have a Lenovo Legion 7 Gen 7 and I can't log in. The fingerprints don't work at all it doesn't even scan anything and I can't put my pin in because it says "something happened and your pin isn't available" and when I try to set it up again it says that I need to find an...
  4. Fingerprint feature not working on Windows 11 says "This option is currently unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint feature not working on Windows 11 says "This option is currently unavailable": I recently got a Dell Latitude 7390 2 in 1 with Windows 11 preloaded. I had never tried to set the fingerprint reader up until today but it won't let me, it looks to not be working with Windows Hello features. The option to add a finger is grey and won't let me click on it....
  5. Fingerprint feature not working on Windows 11 says "This option is currently unavailable"

Fingerprint feature not working on Windows 11 says "This option is currently unavailable": I recently got a Dell Latitude 7390 2 in 1 with Windows 11 preloaded. I had never tried to set the fingerprint reader up until today but it won't let me, it looks to not be working with Windows Hello features. The option to add a finger is grey and won't let me click on it....
  6. Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable: Hi In my computer when I try to setup the windows hello fingerprint in settings I am seeing Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable error message. I need to setup this for security purpose. Kindly help me out...
  7. Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable: Hi In my computer when I try to setup the windows hello fingerprint in settings I am seeing Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable error message. I need to setup this for security purpose. Kindly help me out...
  8. Windows hello face and fingerprint currently unavailable

9. My password options fingerprint, PIN, Passcode, Face ID are all showing unavailable. I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My password options fingerprint, PIN, Passcode, Face ID are all showing unavailable. I have...: I have updated and restarted my computer and it still wont work. Under all password options it says "this option is currently unavailable" and "something went wrong. Try again later."...
  10. My password options fingerprint, PIN, Passcode, Face ID are all showing unavailable. I have...

My password options fingerprint, PIN, Passcode, Face ID are all showing unavailable. I have...: I have updated and restarted my computer and it still wont work. Under all password options it says "this option is currently unavailable" and "something went wrong. Try again later."...