Windows 10: Fingerprint unlock stopped working

Discus and support Fingerprint unlock stopped working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop with fingerprint sensor and it worked for about a week using the fingerprint unlock. Now it has stopped working and says my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SarahMC1, May 7, 2019.

1. SarahMC1 Win User

Fingerprint unlock stopped working

I bought a new laptop with fingerprint sensor and it worked for about a week using the fingerprint unlock. Now it has stopped working and says my device isn't compatible????

How can I get it working again. I have been into settings and it says the device isn't compatible - it was 3 days ago.....

:)

SarahMC1, May 7, 2019

2. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, May 7, 2019
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the fingerprint feature does not work on Window10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the finger print driver and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

• Delete the fingerprints you already registered.

• Press Windows Key + R Key.

• Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.

• Uninstall the current driver
      the current diver under "Biometric devices".

• You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 7, 2019
  4. Fingerprint unlock stopped working

Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Fingerprint unlock stopped working

1. Fingerprint unlock stopped working - Similar Threads - Fingerprint unlock stopped

2. Fingerprint reader stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint reader stopped working: Hello,My Lenovo 13s-IML product number 20RR0003IX, bios version CQCN41WW was updated to Windows 11 more than 1 year ago.Since the update some devices camera and fingerprint reader started having some issues from time to time, especially after some windows update: fingerprint...
  3. Fingerprint sensor stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint sensor stopped working: I recently purchased an Acer Spin 3 SP313-51N, and the fingerprint sensor has stopped working. While I was trying to login using the sensor, there was a message that said "there was a problem on our end," so I tried to troubleshoot the problem by restarting. Only now the...
  4. Fingerprint sensor stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint sensor stopped working: The sensor stopped working, now windows won't even recognise it. It says the option is currently unavailable even though it worked a few hours ago. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver which was hidden, but it had not reinstalled so is currently not on my device....
  5. Fingerprint scanner stopped working

Fingerprint scanner stopped working: I have Windows 10 on my Acer Swift 3 laptop. I have been using the fingerprint scanner to log in without a problem until it suddenly disappeared as an option yesterday and I was forced to sign in with my PIN:I went to device manager and opened the fingerprint scanner...
  6. Fingerprint scanner stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working: I have Windows 10 on my Acer Swift 3 laptop. I have been using the fingerprint scanner to log in without a problem until it suddenly disappeared as an option yesterday and I was forced to sign in with my PIN:I went to device manager and opened the fingerprint scanner...
  7. fingerprint sensor stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint sensor stopped working: Windows hello shows "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".A screenshot from device manager:Also the driver package available at OEM's website zip seems corrupted ;-;https://www.mi.com/in/service/support/minotebookultradrivers.htmlI...
  8. Fingerprint unlock issues

Fingerprint unlock issues: Split from this thread. Fingerprint unlock issues Each time the lock screen appears a glitch occurs where I cannot use my fingerprint to unlock on the lenovo think pad T480s laptop. I have to incorrectly enter a pin number first, and then I am able to select the...
  9. fingerprint stopped working

fingerprint stopped working: Fingerprint stopped working and all I get is "something went wrong." Yes, something went wrong--I still hate Windows 10! It won't allow me to set up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-stopped-working/8dcf9bdf-6da4-4d23-a541-460e80dcd04d
  10. Fingerprint login stopped working

Fingerprint login stopped working: I have a Lenovo 540 yoga laptop. The fingerprint login stopped working after a recent windows update. this is the message I get [ATTACH] I have tried stopping the biometric using del c:\windows\system32\WinBioDatabase\...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello fingerprint stopped working tablet mode

2. fingerprint access on asus laptop not working

3. u.are.u 4500 fingerprint keyboard fingerprint not working

4. finger print unlock windows 10 not working,
  5. windows stopped asking fingerprint,
  6. has microsoft stopped fingerprint logon,
  7. why is my lenova yoga fingerprint,
  8. fingerprint unlock not working windows 10