Windows 10: Fingerprint windows hello

Discus and support Fingerprint windows hello in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just got a new HP envy 13. I am trying to set up fingerprint reading login in Windows Hello. I click set up then get started on the next menu, the get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Boff1234, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Boff1234 Win User

Fingerprint windows hello

Just got a new HP envy 13. I am trying to set up fingerprint reading login in Windows Hello. I click set up then get started on the next menu, the get started button disappears and the menu remains and doesn't change. I have set up a pin and password and it doesn't prompt me to enter either just remains on this menu. Please help, Cheers.

:)

Boff1234, Sep 18, 2018

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the fingerprint feature does not work on Window10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the finger print driver and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

• Delete the fingerprints you already registered.

• Press Windows Key + R Key.

• Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.

• Uninstall the current driver
      the current diver under "Biometric devices".

• You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

I have same issue with my laptop HP DV6 Pavilion.WIndows hello finger print setup is not working even after this above solution .When i setup finger print sensor i recieve error something went wrong.

ZahidHussain_210, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Fingerprint windows hello

Fingerprint reader doesn't work when configuring Windows Hello after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Fingerprint windows hello

1. Fingerprint windows hello - Similar Threads - Fingerprint hello

2. whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...: I have cleaned the sensor several tries. Exactly after 7 or 8 tries it does not work. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-set-up-my-windows-hello/5935ec59-a4ff-4a44-8230-7dc67d7c8ee9
  3. whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...: I have cleaned the sensor several tries. Exactly after 7 or 8 tries it does not work. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-set-up-my-windows-hello/5935ec59-a4ff-4a44-8230-7dc67d7c8ee9
  4. whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  6. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  7. Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...: I have a HP Elite X2 1012 G2 and it does have a fingerprint scanner as well as a front and rare facing camera but the Hello sign in option is not available for my device, i see an error message in the Windows Hello sign in option saying my device does not meet the minimum...
  8. Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...

Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...: I have a HP Elite X2 1012 G2 and it does have a fingerprint scanner as well as a front and rare facing camera but the Hello sign in option is not available for my device, i see an error message in the Windows Hello sign in option saying my device does not meet the minimum...
  9. Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin

Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin: Trying to setup fingerprint access. However, It keeps sending me in a loop asking for Windows Hello Pin. I type the PIN nothing happens. I used to have Windows PIN working. I needed to reset it after a MB replacement. I redownloaded all the drivers Tried SFC Re-installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello fingerprint this option currently unavaliable