Windows 10: Fingertip doesn't work anymore

Discus and support Fingertip doesn't work anymore in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've had this windows hello fingertip thing and it doesn't work anymore i tried to update the driver "Biometric devices" as in the picture but it says... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ValentinaBarbetty, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Fingertip doesn't work anymore

I've had this windows hello fingertip thing and it doesn't work anymore i tried to update the driver "Biometric devices" as in the picture but it says that it's already updated, my windows is updated as well Fingertip doesn't work anymore 2ce16253-f646-4d71-9a18-e5a045a10299?upload=true.png Fingertip doesn't work anymore e4910d30-2b1a-43c6-a678-5398ed158b9b?upload=true.png

:)

ValentinaBarbetty, Jul 3, 2020

2. Since update numpad doesn't work properly anymore

Good evening,

On a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop, since a Windows10 update two days ago (version 1511, OS 10586.104), my numpad has gone nuts.

For example :

• key 2 writes 72, locks caps and opens a Bing search for "help with windows 10"
    • key 3 writes *3wc
    • key / writes /4 and triggers a menu for alternative screens
    • etc...
    Here is what I already attempted :

• uninstall and reinstall keyboard
    • add an alternative language keyboard
    • check "ease of access" options
    • try the numpad in the BIOS : it works fine
    • try the numpad in safe mode, now read this : it worked fine ! I restarted in normal mode and the keyboard worked fine also for a minute or so. Then it went crazy again. Now it doesn't work in safe mode anymore.
    Any suggestion welcome,

Thank you for your help

Lambda_993, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Windows Spotlight doesn't work anymore

Hello!

Windows Spotlight doesn't work anymore on my Surface (Pro 2). It was working before, but not anymore.

To be clear: I've tried all the suggestions found, from doing a sfc, register, delete selected files, nothing has solved the problem. Now I've made a COMPLETE reset of my PC and WIn10... and the problem IS STILL HERE...

So please can moderators elevate the problem to appropriate developers so that they solve this problem?

Thank you.

Gwenddoleu, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Fingertip doesn't work anymore

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Fingertip doesn't work anymore

1. Fingertip doesn't work anymore - Similar Threads - Fingertip doesn't anymore

2. Winget doesn't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winget doesn't work anymore.: Hello everyone, as you can see from the screenshot when i use the command "winget" it does nothing, the only change that i can see is the colour of the letters.Is there a solution?Thank in advance....
  3. Winget doesn't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winget doesn't work anymore.: Hello everyone, as you can see from the screenshot when i use the command "winget" it does nothing, the only change that i can see is the colour of the letters.Is there a solution?Thank in advance....
  4. Action center doesn't work anymore.!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action center doesn't work anymore.!!: Action center doesn't work anymore, I tried all methods but still it isn't fixed. What should I do??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-doesnt-work-anymore/62a03978-10e8-47d8-9668-0ec75b38c1a7
  5. microphone input doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone input doesn't work anymore: I have a problem since yesterday, I used CTRL + windows + shift + b to restart my graphic card but after that my mic input wasn't working, and I am using a laptop but even the laptop mic wasn't picking up any sound. I have tried using different inputs/headsets/restart my...
  6. Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photo doesn't work anymore: It's since the last Windows updates that Microsoft Photos is no longer working as it should. It often happens that if I open an image with this app, I get a white small screen. So the only solution is to close it down and reopen it again for a couple of times, until it...
  7. Notebook doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notebook doesn't work anymore: Hi. I need emergency help So, I have this Lenovo Ideapad 320 for about 8months and it suddenly started having "blue screen" errors. I did what i found in the community, and that was cleaning my HD by CMD, it helped that was March 18th. Then everything was fine until...
  8. A program doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A program doesn't work anymore: Hey there, A few days ago, my PC ran into a problem and restarted while I was playing a game. After that, I have not been able to open the game anymore. Unfortunately, there is no error message to be posted. Can anyone help me out with this problem? Regards....
  9. License doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License doesn't work anymore: My computer started to tell me my license was going to expire, and I didn't really look into it. Then the messages stopped coming up, and was replaced with a Activate Windows thing in the corner. Today, I wanted to play a game from the microsoft store, and when I tried to...
  10. Bluetooth doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth doesn't work anymore: A few moments ago my bluetooth stopped workig. I already tried to follow your faq on how to fix the problems similar to mine, but nothing worked. Then I found this topic: click. It's identical to my case: after I disinstalled the bluetooth from Device Manager and rebooted...