Windows 10: Finis Duo doesn't properly connect to Windows 10

Discus and support Finis Duo doesn't properly connect to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Finis Duo when attached to a USB port of a modern notebook with USB 3.0 ports exhibit a weird behavior. It shows up as connected and then a couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lnh, Jun 9, 2019.

1. LNH
    lnh Win User

Finis Duo doesn't properly connect to Windows 10

The Finis Duo when attached to a USB port of a modern notebook with USB 3.0 ports exhibit a weird behavior. It shows up as connected and then a couple seconds later disconnects itself and this cycle keeps repeating. A search of the Finis website provided no solution. This is happening on both a late model Dell XPS 15 purchased from Microsoft so it has a relatively vanilla OS distribution. Also happened on a 2 generation old Lenovo Thinkpad.

I remember hearing about older USB accessories which don't play nice with USB 3.0 but work on USB 2.x. My solution was to attach an older 2.x USB hub to one of my USB 3.0 ports and attach the Finis through the hub. Everything worked great!

Similar articles about this issue have appeared in the past, but they are locked and don't really provide a solution. Hope this helps others seeing the same issue. If you don't have access to an old hub, I don't know if they can be purchased anymore. Maybe there is a way to reconfigure a USB 3.0 to think it's slower and have it work without my suggested hack. Info on how to do this might be helpful to others.

:)

2. Windows 10 not connecting mp3 player Finis Duo

Hi, I have a Finis Duo MP3 player. I have previously used this on Windows 10 without a problem. Now my computer does not recognise it at all, it does not show up when plugged in even as an unknown device. I have been unable to find driver downloads on
    the manufacturers website either. Any suggestions?

Sarah_Woodward7, Jun 9, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Finis Duo doesn't properly connect to Windows 10 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Kauan997 Win User

The app Xbox on Windows 10 doesn`t connect with the console.

My Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn`t connect.It appears:Cannot make connection to your console,i make all the tutorials to solve this problem,but it never connect.

Kauan997, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Finis Duo doesn't properly connect to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Finis Duo doesn't

2. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly: Hi,I wonder if someone can help.Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly. I go thru the normal procedure of clicking 'shut down', blue screen, whirling time icon etc. Screen goes dark but power light and internet light stay on and the machine stays warm until I press power...
  3. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly: Hi,I wonder if someone can help.Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly. I go thru the normal procedure of clicking 'shut down', blue screen, whirling time icon etc. Screen goes dark but power light and internet light stay on and the machine stays warm until I press power...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  6. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 not connecting mp3 player Finis Duo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not connecting mp3 player Finis Duo: Hi, I have a Finis Duo MP3 player. I have previously used this on Windows 10 without a problem. Now my computer does not recognise it. When I connect the Finis Duo in the computer a sound sounds, notifying that something is plugged in, but Finis Duo does not appears listed....
  8. Windows 10 doesn't boot properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 doesn't boot properly: Hi everyone, I recently installed linux alongside windows 10, everything was working fine for about a week i.e. I could boot into linux or windows, then windows stopped booting properly - when I boot into windows I log in, then the desktop loads and an error message pops up...
  9. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 doesn't shutdown properly: Hey seems to be a common problem with Windows 10 but does anyone have any other ideas how i can close Windows 10 properly. I use shutdown but it shuts down and just stays on at the final stage. I've disabled fast start but it's still doing it. Any help will be greatly...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 doesn't shut down properly: I have a laptop ASUS Zenbook UX303LN. I made a clean install to Windows 10 and now it doesn't shut down properly. When I shut it down, the screen goes black, but the power light remains on and I have to shut it down manually. Also, I sometimes cannot restart it when it...