Windows 10: Finished PC build, installed Windows, restart didn't work and now keyboard and monitor...

Discus and support Finished PC build, installed Windows, restart didn't work and now keyboard and monitor... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I finished a build for my brother earlier today, once we go through the Windows 10 installation process the PC was going to restart to finalize the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by n_Trent, Apr 4, 2020.

1. n_Trent Win User

Finished PC build, installed Windows, restart didn't work and now keyboard and monitor...

I finished a build for my brother earlier today, once we go through the Windows 10 installation process the PC was going to restart to finalize the installation. However, the restart didn't go as planned, after about 15-20 minutes of waiting on the loading screen the PC just shut off. Since this happened the monitor is black and the keyboard doesn't light up or work at all. I've tried unplugging everything, turning it off and on, as well as removing certain things in various orders. I'm not sure what step to take next and have been unable to find anything helpful online.

:)

n_Trent, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Vanion Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Its a new build i was trying to install my windows os

Thanks for your help my PS keyboard is working unfortunately my usb mouse/keyboard still do not work even after having my OS installed. How would i go about selecting to load the driver packages?

Vanion, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

The fact this is a new build and they have never worked properly suggests a driver problem and not hardware.

Are these wired or wireless? If wireless, one or two dongles?

In any case, the drivers typically are only needed to enable the special features of the keyboard and mouse. All keyboards and mice should work with basic functions without any special drivers installed - and Windows should already know how to make them work using its own native basic drivers. I suspecting this is a USB issue and I would start by ensuring you have them connected in the designated ports pointed out by silentbogo. That should NOT matter - but with this being a brand new build, it might.

Bill_Bright, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Andrés S Win User

Finished PC build, installed Windows, restart didn't work and now keyboard and monitor...

Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard Wont Work With Windows 10?

Yes, followed the steps, including the Mouse and Keyboard center and worked.

I tried before doing the Fn-Bluetooth key and didn´t work, but did after installing the software. No clue if there is a direct relationship. I don´t have a Wedge mouse.

Windows 10 build 14295 release 160318-1628.

Andrés S, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Finished PC build, installed Windows, restart didn't work and now keyboard and monitor... - Similar Threads - Finished build installed

2. Updated windows and now pc can’t read monitors and keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updated windows and now pc can’t read monitors and keyboard: I updated windows and when I turned on my computer my 2 monitors and the keyboard stopped working. The monitors say no signal and my keyboard doesn’t light up signaling it’s on. Please help....
  3. Updated windows and now pc can’t read monitors and keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated windows and now pc can’t read monitors and keyboard: I updated windows and when I turned on my computer my 2 monitors and the keyboard stopped working. The monitors say no signal and my keyboard doesn’t light up signaling it’s on. Please help....
  4. Updated windows and now pc can’t read monitors and keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Tried a Windows Insider build, didn't work all to well, went back, now the same build is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tried a Windows Insider build, didn't work all to well, went back, now the same build is...: Pretty much the title. I recently tried a Windows Insider build, but it didn't work out, so I went back to the previous Windows version. Now the same build is bugging me in Windows Update and I can't seem to shake it. I tried to turn off Windows Insider but now it says "You...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade Didn't Finish

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade Didn't Finish: I recently upgraded Win10 Home to Pro BUT I can't do a Backup from Control Panel. I get a message saying it's not available (SIC) from a portable workstation. Is it possible to fix this without reinstalling Windows?...
  7. In-build keyboard stops working until restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In-build keyboard stops working until restart: I'm on HP Pavillion laptop (HP Pavilion 15-AU030NG) with Windows10 x 64. I'm experiencing a weird behavior of the in-build keyboard since some time: Case 1 If i plug out my usb keyboard, so the in-build laptop PS/2 keyboard remains dead, until i restart the laptop. After...
  8. Requires a restart to finish installing

Requires a restart to finish installing: I have restarted my pc for many times and I have used the troubleshooter for many times.still it shows me in my update history the following.can anyone help me?? Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 Requires a restart to finish installing...
  9. Can not restart to finish Windows Update install

Can not restart to finish Windows Update install: As the picture shows, the restart for pending updates is not available. Can not manually restart the machine either, ( the changes won't apply) Any help is appreciated. I am in desperate right now, this thing is so annoying. \ [ATTACH]...
  10. Build 10049 didn't install

Build 10049 didn't install: Hi there. I am dualbooting Windows 7 and Windows 10 TP on a laptop. I downloaded 10049 overnight with Windows Update. When I got back to the laptop this morning, it had a brief error message saying, "Cannot install 10049 on a virtual drive". That's where Build 9926 is...