Windows 10: Finnish keyboard overheating issue on mobile

Discus and support Finnish keyboard overheating issue on mobile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Lumia 950 XL text input doesn't work AND mobile phone is overheating I sent feedback on this to MS using both mobile phone and a desktop Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aku Talikka, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Finnish keyboard overheating issue on mobile

Lumia 950 XL text input doesn't work AND mobile phone is overheating

I sent feedback on this to MS using both mobile phone and a desktop Windows 10 computer. I wanted to share my obscure experience also on this site. Sorry if this forum is not meant for mobile issues. To put it briefly: Finnish keyboard gets Lumia to overheat and causes text input to accept only one word. This does not happen with Swedish or US English keyboards.

With the new Aug 31 release, comma and space break text input in SMS and applications. I cannot write more than one word in messages if I start with a letter. If I start with a point (full stop) and use the point sign instead of space (between words) I can write several words. Comma does not make several words possible.

At first the new mobile version worked fine and e.g. Cortana worked as expected. In the morning I adjusted some text scaling and/or display item size settings and after restart the phone started overheating and the text input was broken. Several restarts and scaling text size back to normal did not resolve the issue.

This OS is Windows 10 mobile 1607 and build 10.0.14915.1000. If I use Cortana speech recognition I can add words after the osd keyboard stops sending text input to the text field. I have tried this in Outlook mail, SMS and some IM applications. Only if you add a point before each word and don't use commas or spaces you can write several words. Pasting text (several words) works if the bug is not yet active.

It is possible, though, to add an emoticon (in an IM app) after the text input stops working after which it is possible to add a word or with point characters several words. But in SMS it won't work.

I reset the phone to factory settings TWICE and the problems persist. It seems that If I use Finnish keyboard text input the text input breaks. The first reset was into Finnish and the text input failed. Both resets yielded the 1607 edition of Windows 10 mobile with 14915 build even though I thought they would have reset the device to an earlier build. Probably I will need to reset the phone using PC mobile recovery software.

The second reset was into US settings and English and with that the text input worked well at first. After starting to write in English I could no more write more than one word in a text field. If I switch back into English layout the input still fails. The phone needs to be rebooted to restore text input functionality.

I can write these Finnish special letters ä and ö with a Swedish keyboard - the text input does not fail - but if I switch to Finnish the input functionality breaks and I am only able to write one word in a field.

:)

Aku Talikka, Sep 1, 2016
  2. Makee Win User

Windows 10 - ALT GR + number key combinations 2-3-4 not working, cant type "AT" sign.

I have this same problem and i also use finnish keyboard. all those methods didnt work. even on-screen keyboard has the problem.

i have US-EN windows 10 pro with finnish keyboard.

another computer what uses same keyboard dont have this problem. it has finnish windows 10 home/finnish keyboard

edit:

something fixed this. i installed swedish with sami keyboard and changed back to finnish and it works now

Makee, Sep 1, 2016
  3. Lumia 920 - No accents available using Finnish / Swedish keyboard

Are you saying that accents which are used in Finnish are actually not available on the finnish keyboard layout ?

How is tapping one extra key to change keyboards much trouble? I mean you do know there is a language/keyboard selector right there on the keyboard right?

Paul van der Heu, Sep 1, 2016
Thema:

Finnish keyboard overheating issue on mobile

1. Finnish keyboard overheating issue on mobile - Similar Threads - Finnish keyboard overheating

2. MS Universal Mobile Keyboard & Foldable Keyboard Battery Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Universal Mobile Keyboard & Foldable Keyboard Battery Issues: Hi allI've got two versions of these keyboards https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/d/microsoft-universal-foldable-keyboard/8vsl12nhnts2https://download.microsoft.com/download/4/D/1/4D18999E-592F-42B7-9428-EDECF2540D09/QSG_UniversalMobileKeyboard.pdfFoldable and UniversalCharged...
  3. MS Universal Mobile Keyboard & Foldable Keyboard Battery Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Universal Mobile Keyboard & Foldable Keyboard Battery Issues: Hi allI've got two versions of these keyboards https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/d/microsoft-universal-foldable-keyboard/8vsl12nhnts2https://download.microsoft.com/download/4/D/1/4D18999E-592F-42B7-9428-EDECF2540D09/QSG_UniversalMobileKeyboard.pdfFoldable and UniversalCharged...
  4. CPU Overheating and Overusage Issue.

CPU Overheating and Overusage Issue.: First of all my specs--AMD Ryzen 5 4650G16 GB DDR4 3200mhzNEVER OVERCLOCKEDSo I built the PC around 8 months ago, from last 1 month I'm facing an issue after a windows 11 update.CPU USAGE--My CPU usage in taskmanager is always 100% when idleEven in safe boot.Most consuming...
  5. Overheating issue in Inspiron 5518

Overheating issue in Inspiron 5518: My Inspiron 5518 model is having an overheating issue during 15-30 mins of casual gaming. The manufacturer has provided several troubleshooting steps ,yet the problem is not solved. I requested them not to update drivers frequently as there may be a software issue causing the...
  6. Regarding the laptop overheating issue

Regarding the laptop overheating issue: Hi!!I have hp pavilion p214dx laptop which is about 6 years old and I ran a cinebench test with a temperature monitor. it goes till 98 celsius at 100% load and when it is at like 50% it will be between 70 and 80. When the system is idle it is above 40. The worst case is the...
  7. Overheating issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Overheating issues: Hello. I have some questions about overheating.Is it normal for laptop to overheat if it does not meet at least the minimum requirements for a game to run.Also what would be the cause to overheat if the laptop meets at least the minimum requirements to run a game.Can someone...
  8. microsoft universal mobile keyboard power issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microsoft universal mobile keyboard power issue: I just bought this universal mobile keyboard by microsoft, but it will not work if not plugged in. I charged it several time with different charger yet it wont work without powering it with cable. please how do I resolve this...
  9. Windows 1903 overheating issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1903 overheating issue: I updated to windows 1903 about a week ago and my PC has been a bit laggy.(i7 8750h w/ RTX 2060) I didn't care a lot until today, when my CPU started overheating and instead of running at 40-45 degrees Celcius it started running at 60 a normal stuff such as web browsing. Has...
  10. Mobile keyboard issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mobile keyboard issue.: First off I hope I am in the right category or at least not be in the wrong one, I'm simply trying to find out how to access Superscript & Subscript characters in windows 10 for mobiles using an MS Lumia 550 handset. Thank you very much. 100887