Windows 10: Firefox 41 and Norton Toolbar not compatible.

Discus and support Firefox 41 and Norton Toolbar not compatible. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Due to changes with Firefox 41, Norton Toolbar will not work with FF41 and a fix will not be ready until the end of October.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Phone Man, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Phone Man Win User

Firefox 41 and Norton Toolbar not compatible.

Phone Man, Sep 21, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge compatible with Norton Security?

That's a good question but only Norton can answer that. I would note that browser toolbars are far less common than they were 10 years ago when IE6-9 and Firefox were the big players. I'd be surprised if Norton ever makes a toolbar for any new browsers
    ever again. Safari, Edge, Rockmelt, Vivaldi, Opera... they all lack a ordained Norton toolbar. But Norton on the system would protect those users all the same (Norton scans your network connections no matter what program/browser is using the connection, the
    toolbar doesn't make you more secure).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 21, 2015
  3. Microsoft Edge & Norton Identity Safe Toolbar's ARE NOT COMPATABLE.....?

Since Norton released their latest program, Norton Internet Security Premium, in this program, is a function called "Identity Safe", where you can store ALL FORMS of private data, under a "Padlock Key" symbol, which is incorporated
    in a toolbar, you can install to your browser, (your web browser), now, this works perfectly in google chrome, Firefox and also in Internet Explorer browsers, but NOT in Microsoft Edge......So when will Microsoft enable this function, and bring out a "compatibility
    toolbar" checker program that will tell "Edge" to install this toolbar, WITHOUT CRASHING the browser.

This is Microsoft's problem, NOT Norton's, because it's Microsoft's Web Browser which is the problem, and NOT Norton's Program......Maybe Microsoft & Norton should communicate together amicably, and come up with a "patch file"
    first that will accept the toolbar for installing, NOW, I know that Microsoft Corp & Norton are NOT Friendly with each other, they
    NEVER have been, but please, on this 1 occasion, please can they talk to each other (in kindness) and come up with a solution......PLEASE show a little kindness here Microsoft towards your competing fellow companies and let Norton
    Identity Toolbar install in the Edge web browser.....

Thank You.

Chris Jones

CJSpiritMedium, Sep 21, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

The vast majority of FF users are on 40.0.3 so I think Norton has time to rectify this issue.

BunnyJ, Sep 21, 2015
  5. Phone Man Win User
    Its a new process so looks like a lot of work for Norton. With their track record lately this may be a mess. At least IE won't be affected.

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Sep 21, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I think Norton would have to make adjustments for FF.. it's one of the most widely used bowers.

BunnyJ, Sep 21, 2015
  7. Well considering 41 is due for release today most will be on it by the end of the day.

Bobby Phoenix, Sep 21, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Thanks for the update.. well, Norton better get it in gear. *Wink

BunnyJ, Sep 21, 2015
  9. XweAponX Win User
    Shouldn't be installing Toolbars anyway, all other AV programs ID them as Virii, including Malwarebytes and Eset.

XweAponX, Sep 21, 2015
  10. Phone Man Win User
    Looks like it is worse then I thought from this quote.

Only a partial fix in October with other features put off to some unknown later release. I mainly use the IDSafe password manager part of the toolbar and no word yet on what functions will be delayed. I was going to move on to IE 11 but that has a Flash update problem in Windows 10 and leaves some security holes. I assume MS will get their IE 11 Flash update fixed long before FF and Norton are ready.

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox 41 and Norton Toolbar not compatible. - Similar Threads - Firefox Norton Toolbar

2. norton toolbars missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    norton toolbars missing: I have tried everything the internet and norton help has suggested still no icon and cannot open password manager.have reinstalled still having same problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-toolbars-missing/80645eaf-8fda-482c-a878-d652b61c09c0
  3. Question About Putting a Tab in Firefox Toolbar

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Putting a Tab in Firefox Toolbar: I've been trying to set up my new laptop with the basic features I had in my old desktop. I changed from Edge and have Firefox as the default browser. I have my ISP (Xfinity Comcast) as my homepage. So, when I click on the Firefox icon in my taskbar, it takes me straight to...
  4. Auto hide bookmark toolbar in firefox ?

in Browsers and Email
    Auto hide bookmark toolbar in firefox ?: Does any member know how to autohide bookmark toolbar? I entered a code from mozilla forum and pasted into userChrome.css folder ..but code does not work. There was a Firefox extension..Autohide Bookmark Toolbar but this does not work for Firefox 68.0.01 Is there another...
  5. Is Norton Setup compatible with Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Norton Setup compatible with Windows 10?: I am using Windows 10 in my Laptop. I want to install Norton Setup in my laptop but someone told me that please do not install Norton Security in windows 10 because this antivirus software is not compatible with windows 10, It prevent from installing Windows update and not...
  6. Firefox Bookmarks toolbar - Menu bar

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmarks toolbar - Menu bar: Hello I'm having a problem with firefox, the menu bar (file, view, bookmarks, etc., etc., & bookmarks toolbar has disappeared I've gone into menu, customise, ticked title bar, done, when I right click next to the referesh, home icons, menu bar and bookmarks are both ticked,...
  7. Norton Security is Not Compatible With My Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Norton Security is Not Compatible With My Windows 10: Norton™ Security is Not Compatible With My Windows 10 what can I do? I tried to use Program Compatibility troubleshooter and its fixer And it didn't help!! can you guys tell me please what to do as soon as passable...
  8. Firefox toolbar on certain fields is split

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox toolbar on certain fields is split: Please notice how only the top half of names in the toolbar shows up. Mozilla forum referred me to you thinking it may be operating system because it occurs on many of the websites I visit, not just Firefoxes toolbar. Please see attached examples. 41958
  9. Norton Security 22.5.0.120 released - W10 Compatible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Security 22.5.0.120 released - W10 Compatible: NS and NSwBU v22.5.0.120 is out of Beta testing with Windows 10 and has been released. NIS v21 update for Windows 10 will be released soon. https://community.norton.com/en/blog...ompatibility-0 Jim *Cool 6990
  10. Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Toolbar Items in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. If you like, you can add or remove items for the toolbar and overflow menu to customize the toolbar how you...