Windows 10: Firefox 53 Will Drop Support for Windows XP and Vista

Discus and support Firefox 53 Will Drop Support for Windows XP and Vista in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Software companies are one by one giving up on Windows XP support for their products, and now it appears that it’s Mozilla’s turn to switch the focus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Firefox 53 Will Drop Support for Windows XP and Vista

Read more: Firefox 53 Will Drop Support for Windows XP and Windows Vista

Brink, Sep 26, 2016
  2. BunnyJ New Member

As long as there are old versions of FF available there shouldn't be an issue for Xp and Vista users browser wise.

:)

BunnyJ, Sep 28, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    Will Microsoft keep on updating WP7? Is WP7 worth it?

Vista was not "dropped". It is still supported by Microsoft and regularly updated, even with some of Windows 7's technology. The years between XP and Vista were unnatural; Microsoft generally releases a new version of Windows every 2-3 years. Windows 7
    was a return to that schedule.

And yes, updates can fix issues and add features. Microsoft is not dropping Windows Phone 7 anytime soon. Lots of new features are announced for 2011, such as IE9 and multitasking. Microsoft has just signed a multi-billion dollar deal with Nokia. WP7 is here
    to stay.

Entegy, Sep 28, 2016
  4. Firefox 53 Will Drop Support for Windows XP and Vista

PC Suite for xp64

For those of you that don't want to go to the link, it says:

Q: Does Nokia PC Suite support Windows XP x64 or Windows Vista?

A: Currently the Windows XP 64-bit Edition and Windows Vista are not supported by PC Suite.

brooky---01, Sep 28, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    XP/Vista users will be ushered to the Firefox 52 ESR Version but startup will eventually be crippled as Mozilla will import a system dependency that will break browser startup.

Edwin, Sep 28, 2016
  6. DooGie Win User
    All versions and builds of Firefox are available here Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/

I've not had any word from Mozilla that this will be changed in the future. The only problem with using older versions will obviously be security issues.

DooGie, Sep 28, 2016
  7. On the plus side, XP/Vista users won't have to put up with any more pointless GUI changes.

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Firefox 53 Will Drop Support for Windows XP and Vista

1. Firefox 53 Will Drop Support for Windows XP and Vista - Similar Threads - Firefox Drop Support

2. Is there a java 17 version for vista or xp?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a java 17 version for vista or xp?: I want to run Minecraft Java on my XP or VIsta computers. But in order to run version 1.18 or up I need to have java 17. Is there an xp or vista version that is also 32-bit?...
  3. Is there a java 17 version for vista or xp?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a java 17 version for vista or xp?: I want to run Minecraft Java on my XP or VIsta computers. But in order to run version 1.18 or up I need to have java 17. Is there an xp or vista version that is also 32-bit?...
  4. ION Video 2 PC for XP/ Vista

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ION Video 2 PC for XP/ Vista: Will the ION Video 2 PC for XP/Vista work on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ion-video-2-pc-for-xp-vista/c63b78ae-3810-4754-9362-74ea35b40592
  5. Firefox ESR (52.9.0) Windows XP ...... Instagram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox ESR (52.9.0) Windows XP ...... Instagram: Hi, I want to post images to my Instagram account from Firefox. I understand that what's required is a user agent switcher. I have downloaded a couple, but haven't got the hang of how to use them. Any help is appreciated. (I don't recall the names of which user agents I...
  6. playing vista /xp games on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    playing vista /xp games on win 10: playing old xp/ vista games on win 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-vista-xp-games-on-win-10/fac85af1-2488-4204-b891-3a9301380631
  7. AdwCleaner 8.0.0 is out: drops Windows XP and Vista support

in Windows 10 News
    AdwCleaner 8.0.0 is out: drops Windows XP and Vista support: Malwarebytes released AdwCleaner 8.0.0, a free tool to remove adware and potentially unwanted programs, from Windows devices on November 26, 2019. The company acquired AdwCleaner back in 2016 and has produced new versions of the application for free since. Note: AdwCleaner...
  8. Windows 10 April 2018 Update: operating system windows xp or windows vista arent supported...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update: operating system windows xp or windows vista arent supported...: Hello, my Operating system is Windows 10 version 1607 (OS biuld 14393.2214). When I try to install Windows 10 April 2018 Update...
  9. Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10.

in Browsers and Email
    Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10.: Unlike almost EVERYONE else lol, I didn't not upgrade to Win10, I went to the store, bought a copy of Win19 on a disc, and a new HDD and did a dual boot with Vista64 and Win10 64 pro. As such, I have to move files. What I didn't think about was my massive online cooking...
  10. Chrome Support for XP and Vista Ends in April 2016

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome Support for XP and Vista Ends in April 2016: Earlier this year, we announced that Google Chrome would continue support for Windows XP through the remainder of 2015. At that time, we strongly encouraged users on older, unsupported platforms such as Windows XP to update to a supported, secure operating system. Such older...