Windows 10: Firefox 61.0.2 version adds support for automatic restoration of browsing session

Discus and support Firefox 61.0.2 version adds support for automatic restoration of browsing session in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Mozilla has been constantly working on improving the experience of its Firefox browser for Windows users. The company recently announced a make over of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 9, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Firefox 61.0.2 version adds support for automatic restoration of browsing session

Mozilla has been constantly working on improving the experience of its Firefox browser for Windows users. The company recently announced a make over of its Firefox browser which is in works currently internally. The company is today releasing a new update for its Firefox browser with version 61.0.2.

The latest version adds a very helpful and great feature to the Firefox browser for Windows users. Though the feature is a minor one it comes in handy for many users. The latest update brings “support for automatic restoration of browsing session when Windows restarts.”

Mozilla states: “Adds support for automatically restoring your Firefox session after Windows restarts. Currently, this feature is not enabled by default for most users, but will be gradually enabled over the coming weeks,”

As confirmed, Firefox users would need to enable the feature after updating the browser to the latest version 61.0.2. Once updated Firefox automatically restores all tabs if the browsing session was interrupted due to a system reboot.

The feature also helps users to have a seamless browsing experience even after multiple systems reboots either automatically or manually. The feature is currently expected to be rolled out to only Windows users.

The update also comes with improvements to the website rendering with Mozilla enabling Retained Display List feature. Mozilla has also included fixes for broken DevTools panels with extension installed.

Firefox also received new improvements in its previous update with Mozilla adding option to mute sites with autoplay sound. This feature blocks sites that autoplay sound. The option is available and can be enabled by going to the permissions sections. You need to select “Allow Autoplay” if you like the sound to be played or select “Block Autoplay” to block the sound or mute sites.

As reported the latest update is currently available to download for Windows users. Do let us know if any of our users have been able to get the automatic support feature in the comments below.

The post Firefox 61.0.2 version adds support for automatic restoration of browsing session appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 9, 2018

2. Mozilla releases Firefox 2 Release Candidate 2

The latest version of Mozilla Firefox 2 has support for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux. Release Candidate 2 has several features, such as...
    • Brand new interface
    • Built-in phishing protection
    • Javascript 1.7
    • The ability to resume your browsing session
    • Spell checking
    You can read the full release notes here, and download RC2 here.

Source: Mozilla

zekrahminator, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Jesinta Rozario, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Firefox 61.0.2 version adds support for automatic restoration of browsing session

Firefox 2.0 Beta 2 released for developer testing.

Mozilla released the Beta 2 of Firefox 2.0 today for developer testing, and would like to emphasize that it is for testing. The developer team says that "Current users of Firefox 1.x should not use Firefox 2 Beta 2 and expect all of their extensions and plugins to work properly." Firefox 2.0 should be released in early 2007, with a few more beta versions likely in Autumn and Winter. According to the developer team, some features of the new firefox are...
    • Enhanced visual effects.
    • Built in Phishing protection.
    • Improved tabbed browsing.
    • The ability to restore closed tabs.
    • New Windows installer to resolve some long standing issues.
    The Firefox 2.0 Beta 2 should be available on the main site soon.

Source: Desktop Linux

zekrahminator, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Firefox 61.0.2 version adds support for automatic restoration of browsing session

1. Firefox 61.0.2 version adds support for automatic restoration of browsing session - Similar Threads - Firefox version adds

2. resume support session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resume support session: I wish to pick up where I left off with a support session with Panfilo. I can provide the session number if it is safe to do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resume-support-session/3d47bc49-bfa9-4a7b-a0aa-d4ee8e5bdeae
  3. resume support session

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    resume support session: I wish to pick up where I left off with a support session with Panfilo. I can provide the session number if it is safe to do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resume-support-session/3d47bc49-bfa9-4a7b-a0aa-d4ee8e5bdeae
  4. resume support session

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to automatically delete SELECTED browsing data when Firefox closes

in Windows 10 News
    How to automatically delete SELECTED browsing data when Firefox closes: If you do not want to keep your browsing data such as browsing history, cookies, cache, etc., you can automatically delete all or selected browsing data when Firefox closes on Windows 10. Although the in-built options let you auto-delete Firefox browsing data on exit, you can...
  6. Cloudflare, Google Chrome, and Firefox add HTTP/3 support

in Windows 10 News
    Cloudflare, Google Chrome, and Firefox add HTTP/3 support: During last year’s Birthday Week we announced preliminary support for QUIC and HTTP/3 (or “HTTP over QUIC” as it was known back then), the new standard for the web, enabling faster, more reliable, and more secure connections to web endpoints like websites and APIs. We also...
  7. BSOD while browsing firefox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while browsing firefox: I will try and give all the info I can think of I dont know if it might help you. New pc I built a few days ago,specs: #asrock b450m pro 4 #Ryzen 3200g #Corsair cx450 power supply #Seagate barracuda hdd #2x4 3000mhz team group ram (only one stick working) #tp link WN881ND...
  8. cortana browsing with firefox

in Cortana
    cortana browsing with firefox: Can cortana be set to search in firefox instead of Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-browsing-with-firefox/80f74856-7fa3-4c58-b801-eb3f87200195"
  9. Alternative browser to Firefox that can run "Session Manager" add-on?

in Browsers and Email
    Alternative browser to Firefox that can run "Session Manager" add-on?: Windows 10 Pro v1709: Can anyone advise me on alternative browsers that are compatible with the "Session Manager" add-on to Firefox? A search indicates the possibilities of an older version of Firefox, or Waterfox or Firefox ESM. I am not familiar with Waterfox or Firefox...
  10. "reopen last browsing session" not working

in Browsers and Email
    "reopen last browsing session" not working: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and experiencing a huge inconvenience. The reopen last browsing session does not work. I locked the computer last night via Windows key + L. This morning when I wanted to resume my work, I found the computer had installed updates and...