Windows 10: Firefox 65 for Windows is reportedly causing connection is not secure errors

Discus and support Firefox 65 for Windows is reportedly causing connection is not secure errors in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After installing Firefox 65 on Windows, users are reporting that some websites can no longer be loaded. Firefox 65 update causes “Your connection is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 1, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Firefox 65 for Windows is reportedly causing connection is not secure errors

After installing Firefox 65 on Windows, users are reporting that some websites can no longer be loaded. Firefox 65 update causes “Your connection is not secure” “SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER” error.

Mozilla is aware of the reports which claim that Firefox 65 causes “Your connection is not secure” “SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER” error and the company has decided to pull the automatic update to Firefox 65.

A post on Mozilla Bugzilla indicates that there is a possible compatibility issue between Firefox 65 and antivirus software. If you have any antivirus software installed, you could experience connection issues after installing the Firefox 65 update.

Fix “Your connection is not secure” “SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER” in Firefox 65

1. Launch Firefox 65.
    2. Go to about:config.
    3. Search for a flag with the following name.
    4. security.enterprise_roots.enabled.
    5. Double-click it to set it to true
    6. Restart the browser.

As per reports, the above workaround addresses the connect is not secure issues. There is a workaround which appears to be working for users who have Avast antivirus software installed. In some cases, you can disable Avast’s HTTPS scanning to address the connection issues.

To fix the connection is not secure issues in Firefox 65, you need to disable HTTPS Scanning in Avast. You can find HTTPS Scanning option in Settings > Protection > Core Shields > Configure Shield Settings and Web Shield.

According to reports, Mozilla has stopped distribution of the Firefox 65.0 update on Windows devices until the issue is resolved.

The post Firefox 65 for Windows is reportedly causing connection is not secure errors appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 1, 2019

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Feb 1, 2019
  3. firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, Feb 1, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Firefox 2.0.0.12 Security and Stability Update Released

As part of Mozilla’s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 2.0.0.12 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download here. This update is strongly recommended for all Firefox users. For a list of changes and more information, please review the Firefox 2.0.0.12 Release Notes.

Source: Mozilla

malware, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Firefox 65 for Windows is reportedly causing connection is not secure errors - Similar Threads - Firefox reportedly causing

2. Problem connecting to Windows Error Reporting Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem connecting to Windows Error Reporting Service: Within that message box it also states "Some of the reports could not be uploaded to the Windows Error Reporting Service. Please try again later." I would only like to know if this could be caused by Microsoft is not supporting Windows 7 anymore....
  3. problem connecting to windows error reporting service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem connecting to windows error reporting service: During windows 7 backup recieved error 0x81000037, clicked on checking for a solution and recieved problem connecting to windows error reporting service....
  4. SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL Secure Connection Failed in Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL Secure Connection Failed in Firefox: [ATTACH]A lot of users are reporting that when they try to access a website or a local web server, they see SEC ERROR REUSED ISSUER AND SERIAL warning. This issue is usually, reported in the Firefox browser – but a similar error may be seen in Chrome, Opera and Edge too. The...
  5. appmodel runtime error 65

in Windows 10 Customization
    appmodel runtime error 65: guys I need help please. as you can see in the image below, I have been receiving this error almost no stop, not I am not sure, but I Think its been causing many games stuttering frame drops.I also have this errors in the compatibility report a lot recently second image, and...
  6. error id 65

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error id 65: So im getting error 65 after resetting windows 10 because it got badly corrupted from windows update and while im in game it seems to cause freezing so id like to get it fixed that process id goes to explorer.exe [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime [ Guid]...
  7. Error, Event 65

Error, Event 65: Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows. EventData ErrorCode87 PackageFullNameWindows can anyone help, please? this thing just keep glitching and lagging my pc randomly...
  8. Appmodel-Runtime error "65"

Appmodel-Runtime error "65": I am updating windows 10 1909 to 2004. when i look at the event viewer I see the Appmodel-Runtime error id 65. It comes very frequently and I am unable to fix it.i am getting this error playing a game.all my drivers are up to date. I already try reinstall visual c++ files....
  9. Firefox connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox connection: Tried to connect to Firefox after attempting to upload a newer version and it said it cant find my profile- nothing helps so no firefox… hate chrome and dislike edge but what can I do??...
  10. Microsoft Edge beats Chrome and Firefox in new security report

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge beats Chrome and Firefox in new security report: According to a new browser security report, Microsoft Edge is more effective than both Chrome and Firefox at protecting users from some malicious threats. The report, which comes from NSS Labs (via Betanews), seeks to compare the three major browsers and their effectiveness...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Firefox is causing DCOM errors on windows 10