Windows 10: FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ???

Discus and support FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ??? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The other day FF had an update to 67.0.1. When I logged into an web site that uses Adobe Flash, FireFox said I needed a update to Flash and to get it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by storageman, Jun 6, 2019.

1. FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ???

The other day FF had an update to 67.0.1. When I logged into an web site that uses Adobe Flash, FireFox said I needed a update to Flash and to get it here (A button). The button took me to the flash download web site, I proceeded to down load the installer. I then ran the installer, and it quit with an error message indicating that I needed to uninstall the current Flash pgm before installing. In my haste, I missed the the 2 little check boxes that also ended up installing MacAfee. *Shock So I fired up my trusty REVO uninstaller and proceed to get rid of "MacAfee". While there I decided to also get rid of Adobe Flash which I did. At completion, REVO said remaining files will be deleted after a re-Boot.

After re-boot, I went to where I downloaded the Flash Installer to re-run it, but it was GONE ! *Shock (looks like after quitting it deletes itself?) Went thru all of the steps above and re-downloaded the Flash Installer, but this time I unchecked the "MacAfee" software. Ran the installer again and got the same message ???*Confused

First thought was that REVO missed something - It didn't no trace of Flash except for a Flash service that remained running. I proceeded to stop that service and changed it to "never run". Re-booted and tried again. Same results as before "Flash won't install because Flash is still running".

I even manually searched for Adobe Flash and tried it again, ending with the same results !

I'm looking for ideas on why this won't install ?

PS: And YES the Flash installer always deletes itself at completion.

:)

storageman, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Xfinity stream due to Adobe Flash player. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

1. Which browser are you facing this issue with, apart from Firefox?
    2. Have you checked if the Flash player is enabled on your browser?
    3. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to unblock Adobe Flash Player:

1. Login to Xfinity streaming on your browser.
    2. If there is a lock sign on the left or right end of the URL/address bar, click on it.
    3. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and click on Unblock.
    4. You should be able to stream once the Flash Player is Unblocked.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    Flash Player Help
    by Adobe and check if it is helpful to you.

Kindly follow the suggestions and get back to us with the results.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 6, 2019
  4. FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ???

Flash player not working properly on firefox since windows 10 installation

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with using Firefox browser on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Firefox browser in compatibility mode.

Step 1: I recommend you to uninstall the Firefox from the computer.

Step 2: Then I recommend you to try to install the Firefox in compatibility mode.

1. Right-click on the program setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows7, 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: After that try to install the latest adobe flash player for Windows 10 from the link below.

Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Firefox browser, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ???

1. FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ??? - Similar Threads - FireFox Flash

2. How to make Flash work in Chrome, Edge, Firefox NOW

in Windows 10 News
    How to make Flash work in Chrome, Edge, Firefox NOW: [ATTACH]Adobe Flash was one of the game-changing technology that was rolled out decades ago. […] This article How to make Flash work in Chrome, Edge, Firefox NOW first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Mozilla Firefox ends Adobe Flash Player support on January 26, 2021

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Firefox ends Adobe Flash Player support on January 26, 2021: On January 26, 2021, Firefox will end support for Adobe Flash, as announced back in 2017. Adobe and other browsers will also end support for Flash in January and we are working together to ensure a smooth transition for all. Firefox version 84 will be the final version to...
  4. Mozilla to fix annoying page jumps and disable Flash Player in Firefox browser

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla to fix annoying page jumps and disable Flash Player in Firefox browser: Mozilla’s Firefox browser, one of the modern alternatives to Chromium-based browsers is getting even better in future releases. Mozilla is working on multiple improvements for Firefox browser. Firefox is getting support for scroll anchoring that could help you with scrolling,...
  5. White Screen Flash When Opening Firefox 60 or 61

in Browsers and Email
    White Screen Flash When Opening Firefox 60 or 61: A white screen flashes when I open Firefox 61 Beta 4 and it is very annoying. Does anyone know about a fix for this? 109932
  6. Resize Flash Player objects in Firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Resize Flash Player objects in Firefox?: At work I extensively use a Flash-based control panel provided by one of my company's business partners. I typically run Firefox to display it. I've recently switched to 4K monitor and the panel has become unreadable as the font size is constantly the same as in my...
  7. Flash crashing in Firefox and Chrome /Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Flash crashing in Firefox and Chrome /Windows 10: On Chrome nothing happens. Media loads but doesn't play. On Firefox it says Flash has crashed. I tried to disable the protected mode as Firefox Support suggests. My Windows 10 is quite buggy. 34093
  8. do i need to install adobe flash for firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    do i need to install adobe flash for firefox?: hi i'm a firefox user egde is cool but i'm used to be a firefox user well right now i haven't adobe flash player , but with firefox i can play youtube video should i install adobe flash player? thanks 16125
  9. Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox: This happens quite often and it seems to be connected to the flash player... so those facebook floating notifications and youtube stuff or google maps and generally pages with heavy flash content are very delicate and cause this horrible flashing. Windows gives me messages...
  10. Firefox is blocking Flash by default

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox is blocking Flash by default: After a number of issues and exploits have been discovered recently, Mozilla has taken a big step and is now blocking Flash in all of its Firefox browsers. Flash, the much maligned and hated software on which a surprisingly big part of the web still relies, has often been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox 67.0 no connection