Windows 10: Firefox 69 on Windows 10 - extremely slow to start & facebook won't even run - Edge runs normal

Discus and support Firefox 69 on Windows 10 - extremely slow to start & facebook won't even run - Edge runs normal in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The latest version of Firefox, 69.0.1, takes many minutes to start. Some websites will run on it, but facebook doesn't. In fact, windows 10 "locks up"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by N4DBC, Sep 20, 2019.

1. N4DBC Win User

Firefox 69 on Windows 10 - extremely slow to start & facebook won't even run - Edge runs normal

The latest version of Firefox, 69.0.1, takes many minutes to start. Some websites will run on it, but facebook doesn't. In fact, windows 10 "locks up" if I try to run Firefox. I can't even open the Task Manager to stop the Firefox session or try to reboot the pc.
    I can't be the only one that this is happening to. Any suggestions?
    - I've already disabled the addons in Firefox.
    - I know that MS wants everyone to run, but it has given me many bad issues in the past where I had to revert back to IE, so I don't trust it, and one reason why I started using Firefox in the first place.
    - PS - Windows 10 has gone through about 3 "repairs" lately too. It seems that if I set my laptop to automatically "sleep", it goes into a coma instead. I've turned off any setting that I can find that causes Windows to sleep in order to see if it is related to that function. I don't know if these "fixes" have somehow damaged Firefox.

:)

N4DBC, Sep 20, 2019

2. IE, Edge and Chrome run, but Firefox won't

Monday, I applied the April update to my Lenovo G700 laptop.I normally use Firefox as my default browser, but this morning. it won't even run. Yesterday, I found that IE, Edge and Chrome work with Mail, but Firefox wouldn't; today, Firefox won't even run,
    whether from the Start menu or my taskbar shortcut. All I get is a "This app has been blocked by your System Administrator." message. Obviously, there's some setting that isn't set properly, but I don't know what it is or how to set it. Could anyone suggest
    a solution that would let Firefox run?

Thanks

RogerBlair1, Sep 20, 2019
  3. QuaanChan Win User
    Laptop runs extremely slow on Battery

Hi, I'm using a Asus FX505GE laptop which installed Window 10. Recently, my laptop runs extremely slow on battery. Whenever I plug off the adapter or lets it runs on battery, the Laptop loses mouse pointer and start to run very slow -
    ALMOST FREEZING

I tried to use Clt + Alt + Del to run task manager - the mouse pointer appeared again and fluently moved , however when backs to Window, it back to the same conditions and I cant check the task manager.

It won't back to normal even I try to plug in. The only way is reset my laptop while it plugs in then it can run properly.

Please lets me know what happens to my Laptop and the solutions for this.

Thanks.

QuaanChan, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Firefox 69 on Windows 10 - extremely slow to start & facebook won't even run - Edge runs normal

IE 11 runs slow since upgrade to Window 10

I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After getting started with the new system, I found that my IE11 was running aggravatingly slow in loading windows. It was fine before the upgrade. I tried the Windows Edge that came with Windows 10 and
    it works very quickly except I have a problem with Facebook. It runs very quickly in Facebook but I can not "like" or "comment" on a post. I can "share" but not "like" or "comment". Any suggestions?

JimSutherland, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Firefox 69 on Windows 10 - extremely slow to start & facebook won't even run - Edge runs normal

1. Firefox 69 on Windows 10 - extremely slow to start & facebook won't even run - Edge runs normal - Similar Threads - Firefox extremely slow

2. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 running extremely slow.: The windows installed on my desktop Lenovo All in One running extremely slow. I have observed most of the time either updates are downloading or installing. It takes 10-15 minutes to open any app. I am giving preference for updates but it will make system so slow then what is...
  3. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 running extremely slow.: The windows installed on my desktop Lenovo All in One running extremely slow. I have observed most of the time either updates are downloading or installing. It takes 10-15 minutes to open any app. I am giving preference for updates but it will make system so slow then what is...
  4. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help with windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with windows 10 running extremely slow.: So i tried to put windows 10 on an ssd while running apps and programs from my normal hdd. After i got it working on the ssd my computer froze and seems to have bricked the ssd as i cant seem to find it when on BIOS or in device management. As i boot the old windows running...
  6. computer running extremely slow

computer running extremely slow: computer running extremely slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-extremely-slow/26b8dc66-77ca-43d2-8036-74b46f9e0ec6
  7. laptop running extremely slow

laptop running extremely slow: The current format of Microsoft 10 running on the laptop is so large that it takes up 90% of the available data of the computer and severely slows it down. Is there a smaller laptop version I can run or a deferent operation IOS that would be more suitable for a computer with...
  8. windows 10 running at extremely slow speed

windows 10 running at extremely slow speed: I am running windows 10 version 1709 (OS build 16299.431) I went out for 20 minutes with my system up and running and online. When I came back my system was in the Bios settings. I turned it off and powered it on and it got me to my logon screen then system started...
  9. "Not responding"/running extremely slow

"Not responding"/running extremely slow: I have an Asus laptop running on Windows 10. Recently it's been booting up EXTREMELY slow as well as running slow. Also, when I have programs open (doesn't matter which ones) it will come up as "not responding" in the middle of using it. I recently ran sfc/scanned via command...
  10. Edge running W/o being started when firefox running

in Browsers and Email
    Edge running W/o being started when firefox running: I have noticed Edge runs whenever I start firefox. I first noticed this when running CCleaner. I can see Edge shutting down as CCleaner finishes. I am wondering if Edge is somehow watching and reporting what I do on Firefox. 114690

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox is very slow aftere upgrade 69.0.1