Windows 10: Firefox (8) - what's this about?

Discus and support Firefox (8) - what's this about? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Firefox has been monstrously eating memory recently and when I check task manager it will show the firefox log with a bracketed number, e.g.(6) but I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by amancandance, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Firefox (8) - what's this about?

Firefox has been monstrously eating memory recently and when I check task manager it will show the firefox log with a bracketed number, e.g.(6) but I only have one tab open. I was only watching youtube videos and the damn thing was eating 2.5gb of memory.

:)

amancandance, Feb 27, 2020

2. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Firefox (8) - what's this about?

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Firefox (8) - what's this about?

1. Firefox (8) - what's this about? - Similar Threads - Firefox what's

2. What is the Close tab shortcut in Chrome or Firefox on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    What is the Close tab shortcut in Chrome or Firefox on Windows 11?: [IMG]In this post, we will see what the Close tab shortcut in Chrome and Firefox on a Windows PC. While working on a PC or laptop, keyboard shortcuts always make it easier for us to perform tasks quickly. They not only save us time but also enable us to work more efficiently....
  3. What is the best site to download Firefox. It's most confusing. Should I use Microsoft or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the best site to download Firefox. It's most confusing. Should I use Microsoft or...: I am running a PC with Windows 10 - Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2788 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-site-to-download-firefox-its-most/ab91de29-500d-4b6f-a410-2f9f69a8ecd0
  4. Hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails won't open in Firefox. Any suggestions why and what is solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails won't open in Firefox. Any suggestions why and what is solution: Having had no problems at all with opening hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails in Firefox my system will not now let me do it. Get a message that refers to my not having permissions and contacting the system administrator.Copying the links into Firefox works fine. but it is...
  5. Hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails won't open in Firefox. Any suggestions why and what is solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails won't open in Firefox. Any suggestions why and what is solution: Having had no problems at all with opening hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails in Firefox my system will not now let me do it. Get a message that refers to my not having permissions and contacting the system administrator.Copying the links into Firefox works fine. but it is...
  6. Hyperlinks in Outlook e-mails won't open in Firefox. Any suggestions why and what is solution

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll?: Windows 10 Home 21H1 Ebay has changed the layout of the selling page. I can't scroll when on it. Any idea what could cause this? I've disabled the main extensions that I think could cause such a problem but that hasn't worked. I've now tried Safe Mode and that worked. I have...
  8. Does anyone know what’s happening. My computer was originally not opening apps like Firefox...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know what’s happening. My computer was originally not opening apps like Firefox...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/snozer69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ln8nln/does_anyone_know_whats_happening_my_computer_was/
  9. Want Firefox, but Google Always Opens. What's Happening ?

in Browsers and Email
    Want Firefox, but Google Always Opens. What's Happening ?: Hello, Always something new, I guess. Whatever Browser icon I click on, it goes to Google web page "Advanced Search" I just downloaded Firefox, and I get the Firefox shortcut icon, but again when I click on it, it opens up as Google. Don't want Google. Never did this...
  10. When I open Firefox, This pops up. What do I do? I was using a School Laptop.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When I open Firefox, This pops up. What do I do? I was using a School Laptop.: [ATTACH] When I open firefox, This happens. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-firefox-this-pops-up-what-do-i-do-i/07b8336f-4d38-4a9f-9f26-b302d1061822