Windows 10: Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll?

Discus and support Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 21H1 Ebay has changed the layout of the selling page. I can't scroll when on it. Any idea what could cause this? I've disabled the main... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Autobahn, May 29, 2021.

1. Autobahn Win User

Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll?

Windows 10 Home 21H1 Ebay has changed the layout of the selling page. I can't scroll when on it. Any idea what could cause this? I've disabled the main extensions that I think could cause such a problem but that hasn't worked. I've now tried Safe Mode and that worked. I have a number of extensions but I'm going to have to disable them one at a time and try and find if one of them is causing the problem. Otherwise I guess I can use safe mode when on the selling page of ebay.

:)

Autobahn, May 29, 2021

2. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll? :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 29, 2021
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Firefox scroll bar missing on some websites

I see the scroll bar and it's scroll-able, and does not disappear. I'm currently on the Beta FF, 67b5. That may have been fixed. I'm assuming you are on 66.0.2. Maybe if you try the Beta to see if it works correctly, that will give you some indication it will be fine in a few weeks when it's released.

Scroll down this FF directory till you find the one for you. It's easy to revert back to 66.0.2.

Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/

Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll? [​IMG]

f14tomcat, May 29, 2021
  4. Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll?

Firefox reloading pages after they are fully loaded.

Firefox version:

Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll? [​IMG]

Is anyone else experiencing Firefox reloading a web page after it is already fully loaded? What is happening, is that the browser is reloading the web page while viewing (scrolling) further down the page and reloading the page (same tab and not opening a new one) without no warning or cause for doing so.

I tried capturing it in a steps recorder scenario, but unfortunately, it doesn't display the problem correctly and it is the same as if I were to take a screenshot of the incident which doesn't display the real time problem accurately either.

Any ideas what could cause this?

EyeInTheSky, May 29, 2021
Thema:

Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll?

1. Firefox 88.01 - What can cause a page not to scroll? - Similar Threads - Firefox cause page

2. What causes Narrator to stop reading a page.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What causes Narrator to stop reading a page.: I am testing a web app with a few screen readers and Narrator seems to randomly stop reading the page. Other screen readers do not do this. What would cause Narrator to suddenly stop reading a webpage?...
  3. What causes Narrator to stop reading a page.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What causes Narrator to stop reading a page.: I am testing a web app with a few screen readers and Narrator seems to randomly stop reading the page. Other screen readers do not do this. What would cause Narrator to suddenly stop reading a webpage?...
  4. What causes automatic scrolling other than the mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What causes automatic scrolling other than the mouse: I have purchased a new mouse and my machine still has automatic scrolling on some pages. With all drop down menus automatically flashing and not opening....
  5. What causes automatic scrolling other than the mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What causes automatic scrolling other than the mouse: I have purchased a new mouse and my machine still has automatic scrolling on some pages. With all drop down menus automatically flashing and not opening....
  6. What causes automatic scrolling other than the mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages?

in Browsers and Email
    Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages?: FF 81.0.2 and the latest Windows 10 update (2004 (19041.572). I'm a long time user of FF and with these two resent up dates I am now noticing a "halo" effect around printed matter when I scroll a page. Specifically, while in the scroll motion, the letters seems to have a...
  8. Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages?

in Windows 10 Support
    Letters "halo" when scrolling Firefox pages?: FF 81.0.2 and the latest Windows 10 update (2004 (19041.572). I'm a long time user of FF and with these two resent up dates I am now noticing a "halo" effect around printed matter when I scroll a page. Specifically, while in the scroll motion, the letters seems to have a...
  9. My spacebar causes the page to scroll endlessly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My spacebar causes the page to scroll endlessly: Starting today, whenever I press the spacebar outside of a typing area, it causes the page to continuously scroll until I push it again. It also causes videos to instantly finish instead of pausing. I tried closing the web browser and turning the computer off and on again,...
  10. Typing causing page scroll down automatically.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typing causing page scroll down automatically.: I have a Dell PC, windows 10. There is some problem in all the apps where there is a scroll down available. The moment i press "a" the page automatically scrolls down to the bottom of the page. It happens in MS office, Chrome, IE, any app. When there is no scoll available...