Windows 10: Firefox Always Asks for Homepage Choice When Starting the Browser

Discus and support Firefox Always Asks for Homepage Choice When Starting the Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Dell Inspiron 3656 Desktop Windows 10 Home AMD A10-8700 processor integrated chipset 8MB DDR3L RAM 1600 MHz SATA 2.5TB HD Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sbuxman, Jun 26, 2017.

1. sbuxman Win User

Firefox Always Asks for Homepage Choice When Starting the Browser

Dell Inspiron 3656 Desktop
    Windows 10 Home
    AMD A10-8700 processor
    integrated chipset
    8MB DDR3L RAM 1600 MHz
    SATA 2.5TB HD
    Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
    Bluetooth 4.0
    Realtek 5.1 hi def audio
    nVidia GeForce GT705 video card

=================

Whenever I start my Mozilla Firefox browser, I'm always presented with a statement and question as follows:

"Your homepage has been changed by another application. Do you want to revert to your previous homepage or continue with the new homepage?" I always choose the latter because the former takes me to a page/web address I don't recognize.

At the bottom of the page is the statement: "Distributed by Mindspark" and "OnlineMapFinder" There are no references to either of these in my Control Panel list of programs, so I can't uninstall them using that resource.

There is information about this annoyance in various online Q&A, but I don't understand how to rid my system of it, so I'd appreciate some guidance for its permanent removal, as it appears to have taken over the Firefox menu bars at the top of any Firefox webpage as well.

Thank you!

:)

sbuxman, Jun 26, 2017
  2. neilpzz Win User

How do I get internet explorer back.

You seem to be contradicting yourself. You say how do you get Internet Explorer back then how do you change the browser to Firefox. These are two different browsers.

Open Start > Settings > System the select Default apps. Go to Web browser and select it then choose the browser of your choice. If Firefox isn't in the list and that is what you want to use then you will need to download and install it. You can use Edge
    to get Firefox just type google.com into the address bar and press return then use Google to search for Firefox.

Which ever you set as the default browser you can set Google as the homepage.

I don't know what the app was that you used to select the browser in your previous OS. What was your previous system.

neilpzz, Jun 26, 2017
  3. RCH3 Win User
    Google+ homepage will not load with Microsoft Edge browser. I will get a partial load of the web page with an error stating that the browser is not supported.

<Original title: Edge browser issues>

Google+ homepage will not load with Microsoft Edge browser. I will get a partial load of the web page with an error stating that the browser is not supported.

If I try to reload the page I will a screen offering me a choice of other browsers to use (chrome, IE 10, firefox and opera). I have read that there are problems loading with IE 11 improperly loading the Google homepage also. Is there a bug with Project
    Spartan or the Google website or perhaps my settings.

4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Jun 26, 2017
  5. sbuxman Win User
    Will try it later today and get back here with the results...much obliged!

sbuxman, Jun 26, 2017
  6. sbuxman Win User
    The directions worked flawlessly and my system is free of the pest!

Thank you...

sbuxman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox Always Asks for Homepage Choice When Starting the Browser - Similar Threads - Firefox Always Asks

2. MSN.COM Browser homepage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSN.COM Browser homepage: Looks like the msn.com browser has a new format but when I use secret mode it has the old format. I like the old version better. How can I change my msn.com homepage to the old format? And, when and why was it changed?...
  3. MSN.COM Browser homepage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSN.COM Browser homepage: Looks like the msn.com browser has a new format but when I use secret mode it has the old format. I like the old version better. How can I change my msn.com homepage to the old format? And, when and why was it changed?...
  4. google chrome browser choice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    google chrome browser choice: Why can't I get google chrome to work as my default web browser? I have tried several times to uninstall it and reinstall it, but it will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-browser-choice/46855a06-d686-4b16-b328-8e0851586a40
  5. FireFox Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    FireFox Browser: I wish to add a picture in the body of the browser instead of color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-browser/4dbd8dbf-bc60-4186-b6a4-00b231a23d9f
  6. Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage

in Browsers and Email
    Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage: Hi everyone, I am experiencing issues with changing my homepage in Mozilla Firefox. (It's Windows 10 btw, the newest). I have followed all the steps on the google help website as well as the firefox website and the windows 10 website, but every time I close and open up...
  7. Browser choice pop up

in Browsers and Email
    Browser choice pop up: How can I prevent this from popping up every time I click on a link in my email? I always check to "Always use this app" but it does not work. 42295
  8. Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage: For the past few days I have been constantly plagued by a problem with my Firefox Browser [ver 56.0 (64 bit)]. When I try to open Firefox, the follow page also opens up in addition to, and over the top of my usual "Homepage". I then need to click on the "Close" box to get...
  9. Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing: I've read several threads here about the homepage resetting to Bing and I've tried all the recommendations. My homepage continues to reset to Bing. I've scanned for virus' & malware w/ Malwarebytes & Defender. Also used McAfee Stinger. No problems found. Is there a setting...
  10. Change Homepage in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homepage in Firefox: How to: Change Homepage in Firefox How to Change Homepage in Firefox in Windows The homepage in Firefox is what you see when you open Firefox, open new windows, or click/tap on the Home button [img] in Firefox. You can select to have your homepage be Firefox Home...