Windows 10: Firefox and chrome close on start-up.

Discus and support Firefox and chrome close on start-up. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, on my PC which has run fine for years, chrome has started refusing to work. A quick shit flash where the tab would be appears for less than a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BioFire101, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Firefox and chrome close on start-up.

Hi, on my PC which has run fine for years, chrome has started refusing to work. A quick shit flash where the tab would be appears for less than a second, but disappears after. Chrome has no crash reports so I tried on Firefox. Exactly the same. Does anyone have any clue what is happening?

submitted by /u/BioFire101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BioFire101, Apr 18, 2020
  2. cheesy999 Win User

Google Chrome Overtakes Mozilla Firefox in Browser Market-share: StatCounter

That's why i started using chrome a while ago, i know there is always an extension to do something in Firefox, but at the end of the day i prefer it if the browser just happens to include these features.

There are other things that pushed me to chrome as well
    • Firefox 4-6 were full of bugs
    • The add-ons have to be updated manually in firefox
    • Google chrome will synchronise every single setting in the browser including the add-ons i have across all of my computers without a single add-on needed (to do the synchronisation of course, i still use them for other things)
    • Chrome works faster for me
    • Chrome has that brilliant start page
    • I could go on all day, there aren't any massive things Firefox is missing, it's all the small things it's missing that add up and make Google chrome better.

cheesy999, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Firefox and chrome close on start-up.

Firefox or Chrome in Linux?

i use chrome and enjoy it but primarly use firefox and use chrome when firefox has one of its retarded memory redundency errors and refuses to close even thought it isnt open, lol

Marineborn, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Firefox and chrome close on start-up.

1. Firefox and chrome close on start-up. - Similar Threads - Firefox chrome close

2. Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.: I have had LOTS of issues trying to launch Google Chrome and Firefox. Whenever I launch the browser it instantly closes within 1-2 seconds. I've messed with MSConfig and disabling and enabling non-windows services to try and stop the interference but it didn't work. I then...
  3. Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Launch Google Chrome or Firefox. They close instantly.: I have had LOTS of issues trying to launch Google Chrome and Firefox. Whenever I launch the browser it instantly closes within 1-2 seconds. I've messed with MSConfig and disabling and enabling non-windows services to try and stop the interference but it didn't work. I then...
  4. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  5. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected: Directly following Microsoft Defender Antivirus cloud protection's gathering of additional security intelligence, both Firefox and Chrome browsers close.This happens multiple times a day, and is a recurring issue that has been going on for months.Edge is unaffected, and "just...
  6. Chrome and Firefox browsers close, Edge unaffected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Chrome/Firefox not starting and Windows Update not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome/Firefox not starting and Windows Update not working: Hi, Since this morning, I'm having some issues with Windows 10. Chrome wouldn't start and Firefox just displayed an error reporting window. I tried uninstall, reboot, reinstall for both. Didn't help. I noticed there were a couple small updates available, as well as a...
  8. Chrome/Edge/Firefox all start up slowly, but internet explorer starts up instantly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome/Edge/Firefox all start up slowly, but internet explorer starts up instantly?: Since a windows update, my chrome has suddenly been starting up very inconsistently and slowly. It used to be instant (less than a second) vs now being anywhere from 7-15 seconds. I did the basic troubleshooting steps and they didn’t help. After another windows update,...
  9. Google Chrome closes after start?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome closes after start?: Hello... I downloaded Chrome, and it closes the minute you open it. I restarted my pc, reinstalled Chrome, but it doesn't work :( However, when I open the Task Manager, 6 tabs are displayed very briefly... Ask for help! I am at the end ;€ Google Chrome schließt nach Start?
  10. Google chrome and firefox starting up with a virus website (fanli90)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google chrome and firefox starting up with a virus website (fanli90): Hi, I am running windows 10 on the latest update, recently i downloaded a programme that turned out to be a virus and after getting rid of the virus, being a trojan running a UC Browser some stuff are still left, i used windows defender and Avast pro antivirus. The...