Windows 10: Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator"

Discus and support Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.418 Firefox and Chrome have both ceased to start unless "run as administrator". I can see the window form... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Keith Hall Keith, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator"

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.418

Firefox and Chrome have both ceased to start unless "run as administrator". I can see the window form for the application, but is goes away almost instantly. Task manager shows no process still running after that, so it goes away completely. Odd thing is that I can create a new profile and Firefox and Chrome will work just fine in the new profile. I think a recent Windows update may have changed some permissions settings?

SFC and DISM don't fix the issue. I am about to try the account diagnostic and see what it may find.

This is the second pc on property that has exhibited this issue.

:)

Keith Hall Keith, Oct 10, 2020

2. Firefox won't run; Administrative permission

Hi RogerBlair1! How are you doing today?

I was able to find the post you've mentioned above where you asked the same question. the resolution suggested that time was to Uninstall Firefox then reinstall it by right clicking setup then click Run as administrator.

Here's the link to that post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Best of luck.

- David

David Posso, Oct 10, 2020
  3. IE, Edge and Chrome run, but Firefox won't

Monday, I applied the April update to my Lenovo G700 laptop.I normally use Firefox as my default browser, but this morning. it won't even run. Yesterday, I found that IE, Edge and Chrome work with Mail, but Firefox wouldn't; today, Firefox won't even run,
    whether from the Start menu or my taskbar shortcut. All I get is a "This app has been blocked by your System Administrator." message. Obviously, there's some setting that isn't set properly, but I don't know what it is or how to set it. Could anyone suggest
    a solution that would let Firefox run?

Thanks

RogerBlair1, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator"

Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator"

1. Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator" - Similar Threads - Firefox Chrome won't

2. Apps not running, unless I run as admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps not running, unless I run as admin?: Hello, I bought a laptop yesterday HP Pavillion. Brand new. Everything on the laptop runs fine, Microsoft edge and all Office apps run fine but I downloaded League of Legends from the official website and it doesn't want to open unless I run it as admin. Same for anything...
  3. Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator": HiI've seen a few similar questions but thus far none of the solutions have worked so here goes.....Since say early December 2022 I have noticed that the 2 main program / apps I run that are based on my Win 10 PC now only run if I right click on them and then click "run as...
  4. Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator": HiI've seen a few similar questions but thus far none of the solutions have worked so here goes.....Since say early December 2022 I have noticed that the 2 main program / apps I run that are based on my Win 10 PC now only run if I right click on them and then click "run as...
  5. Apps won't run unless I right click and "run as adminstrator"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No programs open unless run as administrator [Win10]: hello Microsoft from yesterday I couldn't open any program without running them as an administrator I'm using "Gmail' as my account on this computer please help me I don't want to reinstall my windows 10...
  7. Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won’t open programs unless I run as administrator: I’ve been searching up on the web all day to fix this and there’s only a few solutions posted. I’ve done the registry edit “%1”%*, created a new user account - nothing. Please help, thanks. :-) submitted by /u/taromt [link] [comments]...
  8. Apps won't run unless I use " Run as admin "

Apps won't run unless I use " Run as admin ": Hello everybody -- first of all I am sorry if my English is not very well... but I have problem with running apps. I can't run Taskmanager, msconfig, regedit using run while clicking on them, but if I use " run as admin " they will run without any problem. Also I have this...
  9. Programs not running unless run as admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not running unless run as admin: So its like worst case . From 1 year i m from this problem . And from my experience i introduce that this problem ( application not running like edge , task manager , regedit an all unless they runned as admin ) occurs because of installing applications from d drive (in my...
  10. Firefox won't run; Administrative permission

Firefox won't run; Administrative permission: (I probably asked this question some time ago, but I can't find on the site. Please be patient with me if you can find what I couldn't.) I'm running Windows 10 *upgraded from 8.1) on a Lenovo G700 laptop. After Tuesday's update, I found that Firefox (my default browser)...