Windows 10: Firefox and Open Office suddenly started crashing

Discus and support Firefox and Open Office suddenly started crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Over the last couple of weeks, Open Office and Firefox have both started spontaneously crashing between 5 and 10 times per day. When first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mitchmcc, Sep 17, 2018.

1. mitchmcc Win User

Firefox and Open Office suddenly started crashing

Over the last couple of weeks, Open Office and Firefox have both started spontaneously crashing between 5 and 10 times per day. When first troubleshooting the OO problem (which corrupted a file when it crashed), somebody suggested that the problem was due to a Windows 10 update. I have uninstalled the most recent update and turned off automatic updates but the crashing problem persists. Is there indeed a problematic Win10 update and, if so, what can be done about it?

Thanks
    Mitch

:)

mitchmcc, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Artas1984 Win User

Firefox crashes non-stop!!!

Suggest any methods to stop Firefox from crashing. It crashes right after starting, no more than a second or 3..

Any cache, plugins, antivirus things that might cause it? It is very, very annoying...

Artas1984, Sep 17, 2018
  3. MatTheCat Win User

I have went back to Firefox 3.6 for this reason.

With the newer Firefox releases, I would find that it would crash and cause my whole system to hang and the only way I could recover from it would be to boot Windows 7 in safe mode, uninstall and then reinstall Firefox.....but bollox to that every 1-2 days.

MatTheCat, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Firefox and Open Office suddenly started crashing

Firefox is useless now. Last known decent version was 3. It was downhill after that. Better switch to other browsers.

The prob you are mentioning is because of the sqlite file, Delete it, and it will be good to go. S

jagjitnatt, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Firefox and Open Office suddenly started crashing

1. Firefox and Open Office suddenly started crashing - Similar Threads - Firefox Open Office

2. Windows suddenly started crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows suddenly started crashing: Hi everyone,yesterday I suddenly started expiriencing crashes in Windows. It happens during different workloads, mostly while gaming but also during normal operation. Sometimes I can see the bluescreen, sometimes it just suddenly reboots. The minidump files are showing...
  3. Windows suddenly started crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows suddenly started crashing: Hi everyone,yesterday I suddenly started expiriencing crashes in Windows. It happens during different workloads, mostly while gaming but also during normal operation. Sometimes I can see the bluescreen, sometimes it just suddenly reboots. The minidump files are showing...
  4. Games and Firefox suddenly crashing, sometimes the whole PC too.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games and Firefox suddenly crashing, sometimes the whole PC too.: A few months ago, I got a new high-end PC and until yesterday evening I'd never had any problems. Since then, after a few minutes of gaming ranging from 5 to 15 minutes, the games quit abruptly even though they are running perfectly. The computer doesn't overheat, everything...
  5. Games and Firefox suddenly crashing, sometimes the whole PC too.

Games and Firefox suddenly crashing, sometimes the whole PC too.: A few months ago, I got a new high-end PC and until yesterday evening I'd never had any problems. Since then, after a few minutes of gaming ranging from 5 to 15 minutes, the games quit abruptly even though they are running perfectly. The computer doesn't overheat, everything...
  6. Games started crashing suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games started crashing suddenly: Hello, I have a problem that showed like one week ago which is about games started crashing suddenly from the last week they keep crashing like every 15 to 25 mins with didn't happened before, in games like GTA or Fortnite I'm getting crashed a lot and when my game is...
  7. Games started crashing suddenly

Games started crashing suddenly: Hello, I have a problem that showed like one week ago which is about games started crashing suddenly from the last week they keep crashing like every 15 to 25 mins with didn't happened before, in games like GTA or Fortnite I'm getting crashed a lot and when my game is...
  8. Firefox Will Not Open

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox Will Not Open: I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-will-not-open/2509c43c-d674-4629-a4a2-f5c304d7d551"
  9. Crashed Firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crashed Firefox: How can I retrieve above pl? I postponed Firefox update and now can't get into my other Windows 10 computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/crashed-firefox/7c9d4324-72b0-491e-bacc-a47b32b2d3b4
  10. Firefox suddenly won't open website

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox suddenly won't open website: After ages accessing a regular website forum with no problems, this morning it stuck halfway then the notice below appeared. "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified." I've no idea what caused...